Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Long Term Coricidin/DXM/Cough Medicine Abuse

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

So, I abused Coricidin (triple c's) for about three years, along with Robotussin and Delsym on occasion.  At first it was with my friends on the weekends for about a year.  then i stopped for a while when i was on probation, and started back after six months of only smoking weed. this time i was hooked, taking coricidin by myself at least two or three times a week, and for the last year or so, i did it almost every day.  The most i ever took was 28 pills, but usually it was 16 (a whole box).  At the time, i didn't realize it, but I was delusional, and pyschologically addicted.  Finally, my mom noticed I was psychotic and took me to rehab.  My delusions were like everything from thinking i was being controlled by a snake that bit my brain to thinking my friends had planted a mind controlling microchip on my head in the form of a mole, just crazy **** like that and sometimes hearing voices and hallucinating, and A LOT of paranoia.   Other drugs i did just A FEW times during this period were LSD, shrooms, DSO, morphine, marijuana, and lortabs, plus a little drinking.   Since i've been sober for the last two months, I've realized that I was totally screwed up.  

Now WITHOUT ANY DRUGS, I'm having problems with my vision, like seeing specs of light, or my vision will be pixelated, and also lights like head lights, the moon, streetlights, the sun, etc. will be all stretched out, like when you squint really hard, except my eyes are wide open.  Other times i get blasts of light, like everything is overwhelmingly bright.  It's almost as if my eyes are still dilated.    My hearing is still like it was when i was tripping.  Music sounds so full and like it's got tons of reverb even when it doesn't, and i hear this constant white noise when i'm trying to listen.  It sounds crazy, but it's like i'm stuck in the afterglow of tripping.
Also, sometimes i can't sleep because my brain is racing with crazy *** thoughts, and then other times i feel completely stupid.  i'm having memory problems, trouble concentrating, and my muscles feel tight.  Off and on, I hear a voice in my head narrating my actions, I think it's from drug induced psychosis, and i'm still having fits of paranoia and delusions.  I can't tell if it's getting better of worse.  I'm scared I'm going to be tripping permanently.

Has anybody else been through this?   If so, how long does it take to feel like you've come down completely, or will it ever even go away?  Could it be withdrawals, or can you even have withdrawals from something that's not physically addictive?  How long will it take my vision to be normal?  Have I done permanent brain damage?  Are there any ways to speed up the healing process besides taking prescription drugs?  I think I've put enough chemicals in my body already, I'd like to get better naturally if that is possible.   If I stay sober, will drug induced psychosis ever go away?

You need to see an M.D. , tell all of your symptoms,and what you were taking. Time to get honest with a professional...this is your brain!

Also,did you google cough syrup,abuse and side effects?

Vicki
Well, i don't actually have a doctor or medical insurance...or money,   i guess i could go to county but at best they would write me a thirty day prescription and say ' take these pills' and then i would be like 'pills are what ****** me up in the first place' and then they would be like 'let us check your blood'  and then i would get an infection because it's a county hospital for poor people.

but seriously, reading these blogs on google is helping, some people have had similar problems, i just wanna know how well i'm going to heal if at all, and how long it's going to take.   most people are writing about their effects from coricidin while they're tripping and right after.  it's been two months.  will i ever stop feeling like i'm tripping?
NO one can answer that question because everyone is different.  To me it sounds like you have done some serious damage to your brain , and your nerves.  U need to see a dr,
Ive been through exactly what youve been through, abused ccc's like a madman, trying to reach new plateaus, towards the end of my massive binging i was doing 30, even two complete boxes, I was completely messed up. The blurred vision when looking at lights, the truely insane idea and scenarios that would go through my head were frightening.Ive been off that stuff for about a year and half almost two now, i didnt abuse for as long as you, a year and a half of straight popping dxm everyday.I went from 8 and skyrocketed to 18 then 24, each trip.Those side effects go away, they start to fade slowly,your memory function will come back, fully.
I took them from 16yrs old to 23....I can't say you will ever go back to normal because I know I am slow sometimes from it and have nerve damage.  I would be on ccc's for weeks at a time 24, 32, 72 a day.  I don't know how I lived...Honestly I would be more worried about the heart, liver, and kidney damage you may have caused, and or the higher risk of heart attacks when you get old.  Also if you are male the fact that it has a chance to enlarge your prostate... I have had chest pains from taking them since back when I was 16 and I still get them all the time.  Not being able to see a real doc *****, and I am in the same boat.  Don't mean to scare you but those pills are **** and they will kill you over time or quickly...  Hope you can keep off them, gl :)
dude im you i need help my story is too ****** up to tell so do what you gotta do there should be a dxm anonumous......e mail me we can start a meeting. ***@**** well save ourselves in the processs
im the same way im 17 ive been doing robotussin for a year and it was fun at the time and i tried to quit 2 months ago and its like im isane or somthing i never no whats going on i just always try to be normal i turn skinny when i dont do and pale then i did it yesterday and i feel like a person again like the way i use to be i dont have crazy thoughts any more but it will come back if i dont use again i thoughjt it was only me i feel liek a vampire if i dont get my blood lol
ya i have been on tripple cs for about 3 yrs. i am just now realizing what damage i did to my self. all i can say is to eat right in your diet and seek help in wholistic hearbal supplments. If it was for these thing i would not be heree today. i was at a time of taking anywhere from 2 boxes in the morning to 2 boxes at night. i went insane but luckly i had family for support they took me in and sent me to rehab but it didint work i ended up in a mental asylym in and got out in 09 now looking back at things i just thank god that im am alive. your mind will play tricks on you and you may need to feel like you need to take it but at the point of putting those pills in you, you have to stop and think about the damge you are doing to yourself and most importantly the ones who you love so dear. is it really worth it to keep doin the same insane thing over and over? i realized that the sooner i stoped the sooner the trippin would stop and the more human i would feel cause face it we all took these pills to fill a void in our life something that we thought that we were missing . but you know what i have learned is that without coming over these obsticals i would have not been able top endure the thing of which i have went threw. the more you say to yourself today is day 1  and todays is day 2 and so on and so forth the more you are traing your mind to not to depend on dmx . its hard at first but stay close to those who love you and care for you and you will be able to endure your addiction to corrciden.
I don't know what's going on anymore. I don't even know if what I'm typing is coming out correctly. I've been on Dex for over a year and a half now majorly. I've taken enough to reach to 20th plateau. I'm happy to say i'm still alive but i feel crazy every second of every day. wich by the way goes by like years. i repeatedly look at the clock to to find out that time is standing still i've been two feet away from people that i couldnt tell you what that looked like or even if they were white or black, male or female. This is THE most powerful drug i've ever taken and today i stop. the voices in my head are telling me over and over to kill my friends boyfriend because she's not happy. i told her last night that she was a bird and that if i just killed her boyfriend it would set her free allowing her to continue her life in total happiness with her kids. i see now after reading these posts that maybe if i do that i will wake up to a jail cell. i've had feelings i could never ever describe in my life. like the feeling of being able to walk into a store, put the store in my pocket, then walk right back out. Or the feeling that if i didn't keep my eyes shut really tight that my soul was going to escape through my eyes and go on an adventure and leave my body behind. this is no cough medicine. this is the coricidin devil and i worn every kid who is taking this **** to get off it now. I am 18 years old my girlfriend is 8 weeks pregnant. My name is Michael Palmer and today is the day that i never touch cough & cold medicine again. peace
Hope everything goes well for you. Keep us informed. Two thumbs up!!
I started doing dxm when I was 16, at which point I was already smoking weed and drinking way too many energy drinks. I also drank a bit of alcohol now and then but it was never a problem for me. The first time I did dxm I took 15 Sucrets (225mg) and then after that it was the same amount or a little more on the odd weekend, which turned into every weekend. My friend and I would take dxm late on Friday or Saturday nights and then sneak out to smoke weed after my parents fell asleep, which was a potent combination that produced effects not caused by either of the drugs alone. For the first couple months that was the extent of my dxm use, though I smoked weed almost daily at school. I had a girlfriend who disapproved of my dxm use and somewhat disapproved of my weed smoking so when I broke up with her near the end of the school year I started doing a lot more of both. I started craving dxm often and couldn't get it off my mind so I began taking it during my last class on Friday so that I could get a jumpstart on my weekend tripping. Then I was doing it on random school days and smoking weed a few times a day before school, at school, and then before work after school. I just didn't feel like I could be sober and I didn't think that mattered because it was easy to get away with being high. If I was sober I felt agitated until I got high on something. It turns out that was a result of the dxm and not the weed. Once you're used to the buzz of dxm and the neurotransmitters that it makes your brain pump out coming back down to reality feels like walking into hell. That was pretty much grade 11, during which I was playing sports for my school, which I had done since grade 9, but was slowly losing interest in them. By the time grade 12 rolled around I no longer wanted to play sports because the practices, which were practically every night, took away from my high time. At this point, or even before, I should have realized I'd be in for some extraordinarily bad times if I kept up my dxm use but that didn't register to me. All I could think was, "This drug is amazing." It made me feel euphoric or at least very content, it gave me all sorts of strange and interesting  pseudo-hallucinatory effects, and it gave me an enjoyable body buzz that was a mixture between dizziness, pleasure, numbness, and adrenaline. At first it made me somewhat clumsy like alcohol but after a while I got used to it and then it actually increased my athletic performance because the numbness and energy feelings remained. I liked it way too much and that combined with the realization that I could get away with doing it all the time led me to be on it all the time. I was taking anywhere between 450mg or so to 600mg a day and I started smoking cigarettes, which I never expected myself to do. I tried to detox myself from dxm once but that only lasted a few days. I felt depressed and sick to my stomach so I got back on it. Eventually my parents caught me a few times and sent me to rehab for three and a half months. The whole time there I lied and said that I had changed my mind about drugs but the first opportunity I got when I got out I was on dxm again. I was fearful to smoke weed because my parents said they'd be drug testing me but then I smoked weed a couple times anyway, had red eyes that gave me away, got drug tested twice, and both tests showed negative for THC, so I started smoking weed regularly again. Eventually my parents knew I was high all the time again so they kicked me out. That was a bad idea. I was broke and had to move into a homeless shelter, which was surrounded by pharmacies. I started doing dxm in even larger quantities. I was exercising and trying my best to eat well but with the unhealthiness of dxm and too much caffeine I lost a lot of weight and got quite burnt out. After a couple months I went to rehab again so that I could move back home. When there a doctor checked the size of my liver and told me it was twice as big as it should be. I figured I was in decent health because I was in decent shape but it turns out you can still be in shape and have messed up insides. My parents wanted me to stay in rehab for six months. After just under four I couldn't put up with the place anymore so I went to another shelter, also surrounded by pharmacies. My addiction took over my common sense and I looked them up on Google Maps and marked them down on a map of the city so that I could go to a different one every day. I felt free once again so I quickly regained the tolerance that I lost in rehab and then some and started doing 2 boxes of Coricidin a day. It didn't matter that I was clearly high as a kite to the shelter staff because they weren't going to do anything about it. Then I got arrested for basically no reason (unrelated to drugs) by a couple cops out to fill their arrest quota and my parents bailed me out and took me back. I continued to do dxm every day so they revoked my bail and then after a month in jail they bailed me out again, after which I was doing dxm but getting away with it with just a bit of suspicion from my parents. However, recently something happened. I've gotten afraid of using dxm again. I was researching artificial food additives and sugar and decided to cut them out of my diet but I was still doing dxm. I realized it's probably just as bad, if not worse. Who knows what kind of toxic junk those pills leave floating around in your system? I was looking in the mirror and noticing that I look kind of like a junky, which I assume means that my insides are not very healthy. I noticed the same before but didn't care and just lied to myself telling me it was from lack of sleep but really, it's probably because I've been putting toxins in my system for years now. I haven't done dxm in a few weeks now, even though I still sometimes get the urge to because of old habits. Music helps a lot. Whenever I get cravings I listen to songs that sound like they're about horrible addictions and I exercise. I encourage everyone else who does dxm to do the same. Slowly my cravings are disappearing and I'm actually beginning to feel repulsed by the thought of taking more dxm. I'm scared of what it's done to me. I may have some pretty bad health problems in the future because of it. I might end up going insane. I still feel like I can think logically but I also feel like I have less of an attention span and not as good of a memory as I used to.
i think a lot more people know about this than we think and people need to speak about it so we can help possibly prevent this in the future because i myself am coricidin long term abuser....probably definetely have an addiction  and im pregnant
I love you all. there is something inside us that made this drug appeal to us.  many people think overdosing on cold medicine is stupid but they dont get it.  Where coricidin can take you only a coricidin lover can tell you.  I tripped for 4 1/2 years and stopped doing coricidin about 3 years ago and im 25 now. I may have devoloped a minor bipolar disorder from doing this drug.  But you know what I say **** it. the great times I had and the friends I had and the people I met and the adventures would have never been possible if it wasnt for those little red pills. yeah its terrible stuff and you cant keep doing it but i dont regret "exploding" "dude we're not even here" turning tv's off with my mind, making lit cigarette's float because the man fishing in the parking lot caught a magic fish and taught us how, matt's crown royal bag full of tripple-c's that we would go on magical adventures with, pissing cops off because they couldnt figure out whats wrong with me, watching someone drink an ashtray thinking it was carrots. I could go on forever.
Hi mathew,I am glad you made it!! There are those you are constitutionally unable as a result of mental health to be directed to and comply with a treatment potocol.I can tell by the your vocabulary that you are an intelligent man.I believe your symtoms (symptoms) are that of(PAWS)Post acute withdrawl (withdrawal) syndrom (syndrome).there are studies on the brain that show it can take anywhere from 1.5 to 2yrs for the Neurological System to recover.I recommend a book by Dr. Daniel Amen:Change your Brain,Change your Life.Its a good read for an intelligent person. All the Best john
Wow. This blog is so helpful. I've been hooked on triple c's now for two years and am finally getting help. I was up to 2 boxes at a timeatleast 3 x a week. I was slowly killing the person was mentally and physically. I gained alot of weight and my brain reaction speed was at a halt. My wife was on the verge of leaving me. This blog is an awesome motivator and thank u to all the recovering users on here for sharing ur stories similar to mine and for making me feel like I'm alone w this.
my name is mike and i used to take cordicidens everday for a long time when i was 16 im now 18 years old it never effected me that bad lately but until the past few weeks i notuced id wake up feeling just as high the day before i take used to take 16 ccc's a day and hear  ringing noise at all times sometimes im so bursting with energy i cannot sleep and sometimes i get so massive tired i feel like im about to passout where im sitting or standing i don't know what to do anymore and im scared that if i go to the doctor ill be thrown in a psychotic ward or back into rehab i have no insurance and no job so i dont want to be so far into debt that im thrown into prison for tax evasion i've already been to rehab and narcotics anonymous but i feel like im at the end of my rope and i'm scared that i'm going to die or lose my memory forever and that my wife will leave me i love her more then anything and if i lost her id truly want to just die is there anything i can do? anyway to feel like im not going to die everyday? its only been 1 day since ive taken them but i used to take 16 of them everyday and sometimes id take 8 more at night just so the next day id feel so high i thought it would be cool to be permanetly high but now... i cant even take a **** its been 2 days almost since i've taken a **** and i'm scared of my bladder exploding inside my body because its such a embarrasing way to die. someone... please tell me what to do... i have no phone the only way i can be contacted is if you email me.. my email is ***@**** if this website censors my email ill just space it or type it in code *********************(@) y a h o o . c o m (when typing it in make sure it isnt spaced and spelt correctly i go to the library everday im so scared.... i never felt hungy or cold lately i hope that someone else reads this and decides to respond to me. Well everone take care
It sounds like you are in a pretty tight spot. I'm a an RN student and former medic in the navy for 4 years so I have some knowledge on the medical side of things. As a recovering user myself, my first recommendation to you is to focus on breaking the habit first and soley focus on that. Before you can better your situation @ all you have to break the habit  cycle. I kno it's tough at first but u have to quit  cold turkey. That may mean u checking yourself in to a detox facility or maybe just some type of support group. This forum is a great place to start. I recommend also trying to keep itself occupied so u don't just sit around bc boredom is a huge factor in giving you the urge to take them. 2nd ly, it is defantely a  good idea to get a check up from a physician to make sure your renal(kidney) and hepatic(liver) aren't severely damaged and in need if a speciallized treatment. Both these test are just simple blood test. The physician will probally also recommend other test just to do a full functions test. I kno you said you don't hav insurance so my advice to you is to do some research on some medical INS out there. There alot of good co out there that are manageable u just have to find them. If that doesn't go well then I would try and atleast save some money up atleast for that one visit, enough for a full check up. In the mean time like I said, you have to stop taking these things. I'm going thru the same thing right now so  we can be a good support for each other. Thirdly, time is what it's going to take. Ur going to have to give your brain and neurological system time to recover. This is a lengthy process but it will happen. In the mean time do your best to maintain a healthy diet, including plenty of water(a multiVitamin wouldn't b a bad idea). As far as your relationship my wife was about one second away from leaving me bc of my addiction. My advice to you is to sit her down and show her you are serious about getting help and explain to her that your recovery process is going to take some time and that you need her support to help change your lifestyle. I kno this alot info but if you  are serious about this, this the way to start. I'll b on this forum regularly so if you need support I'll b here and it will help me as well. My email is tstart_25***@**** if you want to talk one on one. I'm not a physician or actual nurse(yet) bu like I said I have alot of experience in the med field and can provide w atleast the basic knowledge you need for a healthy life and re recovery. I hope this is helpful and I wish u only the best.
I have been sober off triple c's for 10 years. I did it for 3 years like you and for a year I did it everyday. I got up to 6 box's I still have all the same symptoms you do. Plus heart pains and I had a mild stroke. I also had seizures last time I used it even though I only took 8 pills and now almost every time I use hallucinatory drugs I feel like Im going to have seizures and it always brings me back to my coricidin  trips. I can't even smoke weed its like Im having a flash back  I start going through the mental hallucination of dex.The damage I did to myself is permanent and I fear that Im going to die of a heart attack and Im only 25
Hi every one i came to this sight because i was trying to find out info my boyfriend of 3 years has been taking c's off and on since i met him he use to do it only once and a great while but for the past 3 months he has been taking them every day . If i dont give in and give him money to get them he gets really angry until i give in . We live with my brother right now and my boyfriend had a really bad trip about 4 days ago he took a box and then drank on top of it he went crazy my brother had to hold him down it was a mess . so the next day he told us if my boyfriend didnt stop and he caught him on them we would have to get out we just moved here a few months back and i finally found work but we dont know anyone here he hasnt done them since that night so for about 4 days now but he is being really angry with me like its my fault he tells me i dont care about him if i did i would go buy what he wants . He says he is going to go steal them and if he gets caught it will be my fault for not helping him i dont know what to do he wont go to detox or rehab says he doesnt need it can any one give me some advice ... Oh and weed is not a option cant find it here anywhere ive tried cause he said the same thing please help i dont want to loose him to this...
Dear Frank, im in the same boat as you are. My girlfriend is 17 im 18. shes 34 weeks preg. and i couldnt be happier. DOwnside to this is my kidney has kinda been hurting..i tripped off delsym for about a month staright with only maybe a day inbetween some 4 day long trips..its crazy how bad it ***** you up..i started doing tripple cs at about 14 and i wont ever touch them again. Yeah, its fun, its great, but think about what youre doing to your body guys? what happens when you wake up one mornign after a trip and your insides hurt so bad you can't move? thin what? what are you going to do thin? youve got way to much to live for in your life to be doing dumb *** drugs i mean once and while is fun but not ever ******* day like i was doing. yeah, it makes you feel like youre beyond everyone else..that you dont even have to speak to communicate with someone while trippin..this may be true...but just think about what youre doing to your insides guys..learn from this. be carefuL>!!!!!!
So happy I'm not alone....seriously thought that I was the only one who was totally like mental man....but it's ok we're all gonna be alright as long as we DON"T DO THIS DUMB **** ANYMORE!
you know man, i dont think we are going to be ok, i took anywhere from 8-20 pill every day for about a year, that year of use was about 4 maybe 5 years ago, ive been completley clean and sober for 42 months. my memories of that year of skittles is like a dream, all distorted and unreal, im pretty sure most of you seen that "tail" of light coming off you cigarette cherry when it moved around, or when you spit in front of you it was almost as if you can see the path the spit went, like the light drag, when you come down off the trip, well.......days even like today when im stressed tired and worn out, i still get a moment of those trails. and moments of just spaced out staring off in the "distance" or things sort of "sliding" around like carpet sliding in and out of itself across the floor ya know what i mean? i think if these things are happening now at age 24 when i get stressed and tired, then i can only wander how truly ******, me, you and anyone else who went too far over the line, are going to be when we become old, tired worn out people. im pretty sure that the only good thing that could happen later on is developing a severe case of dementia and never even knowing we died : /  so yea, best of luck
I'm about to endure the journey of coming off these evil little red devils myself. I'm sure there's a long hard road ahead of me, but with negative people like redrockredemption420 in the way it's only going to get harder. Nothing is impossible when your mind is set on it. And anyone who's done coricidin knows it isnt physically addictive but damn is it mentally addictive. You'll go way out of your way to get them just for that couple hours of comfort. But as I type this I realize I'm going to have to endure a few weeks of extreme discomfort. Headaches. Intense Boredom. Body aches. Depression. All of this is to come. But their's a light at the end of every tunnel. And while this may be a long dark tunnel we have to venture through, their will be a finale. Stay strong, people. I'll do my best. [nowing you all are doing your best is a great support.
My boyfriend takes the Coricidin, or what ever equivalent a store carries. He has been taking it for I don't even know how many years. We have been together for 2 years he's taken it the entire time. He is 34 he takes a box and then takes 2 or 4 through out the day to maintain the high. He is so stupid on this crap he can't talk, he walks funny, his personality is so docile it's ridiculous, and worst of all he can't get it up. I am at my wits end with this crap. HE IS POWERLESS against this crap. I myself took a  box February 2012 just because I didn't understand why he was so hooked on it I HATED the feeling it was awful I haven't taken any since. It's not expensive it's easily accessible and from what I've been reading about it extremely addictive. My 18 year old daughter could easily walk into a store and buy it, that scares the hell out of me. I don't know what to do about my boyfriend he says he wants to stop but he can never make it  more than 24 hours with out it. I'm really just trapped and I don't know how to work it out. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Is there a online hotline for talking with someone about this additction to help them quit?
There are a lot of hotline nos to call - just google what you're looking for and you'll get a ton of links to help get you connected.  Good luck to you!
I've been abusing robitussin since I was fifteen years old, and I'm now twenty. I can't get off of it, but I can feel my body completely going downhill. My tongue bleeds, my head aches, I can feel my liver hurting, and chest pains. I take roughly two large bottles of robitussin once a day, the whole bottle lasts me the whole day.. I'm scared, because now I do things without even realizing it. I wake up in the middle of the night and go on the computer, and actually speak to my boyfriend. And I have absolutely no memory of doing any of those things. I feel like I really have put some damage to my brain, and I'm terrified. But I can't stop. I need help.
Do you have health insurance? Can you go to inpatient rehab? You really need to stop.  Yes, it does cause lesions on your brain.  Your young, you can turn this around. You could always contact your local NA group for support. Good luck!
I've read most if not all of your comments, I started taking "Triple C's" when I was 18, my fathers girlfriends daughter introduced me to them, along with a whole new world of pleasures I'd never known existed, this continued for about 8 months, after she left I found myself feeling empty with her gone and started to take them for more than just recreational purposes I wasn't having fun anymore I was taking them to fill a void that she left in my life, well one day I had a horrible horrible trip and puked for 3 days, I was coming up on 19 years old when that happened, I'm now 23 and I've taken triple c's or some equivelant of DXM a total of about 5 times in the past 4 years, each time its been a huge chore to even make myself swallow the stuff, as soon as I start to think about it my mouth starts tasting metal and I feel sick to my stomach and as I'm sitting here writing this I've had a box of Coricidin on the top of my dresser for the past 6 months to remind me where I was at one point in my life and just looking at it makes me sick to my stomach, I'm not quite sure what brought this negative side effect about but I thank God daily that I can't take them anymore like I used to, I have said a short prayer for each and every one of you out there struggling with this addiction, I've been there and I know its hard, NEVER EVER GIVE UP HOPE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW AND BETTER IN LIFE YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT BAD ENOUGH!
God Bless you all.
Look up hallucinagenic persistence perception disorder or HPPD.  This will go away with time.  Stop smoking everything.  Caffiene will make you have worse anxiety than a normal person.  Start reading alot.  This will help you with your concentration problems.  God Bless you.  Pray for the Lords help.  I have had the exact problems for the exact reasons.  Ask Jesus to help you.  
My boyfriend and i starting taking triple cs and delsym about 4 years ago on a regular bases. we would take atleast 24-72 cs at a time and trip for 3 days straight. i used to love the high but then my tolerence got too high and now i have to take enough to almost kill me. we were both consistantly doing dxm for about 2 years straight. i was literally insane, and i didnt even realize it. i would sit in my room at night and legitametly thought that two of my friends were in my room with me and i was talking to them the entire night. i could see and talk to them, and it seemed so completely realistic. i would crawl around the corners of my house at night digging around constantly looking for something but i couldnt ever remember what i was looking for. when i would try to talk, my speech was so disorganized, you couldnt understand a word i was saying. and i couldnt understand why i couldnt talk. ive had some really bad experiences with this drug, but by far the worse experience i had was when i drank 2 bottles of the family sized delsym. i remember sitting criss cross apple sauce on my friends room, and all of a sudden my heart starting beating really fast then it suddenly stopped and i got really cold and then i felt nothing.i was completely blind and incoherent, i thought i was dead. but for a second i thought i snapped out of it, i came to, and i was standing in the corner of the room thinking what the **** just happened, then i look on the floor and im just sitting there slunched over unresponsive. i couldnt even comprehend the situation that was going on, i thought that i had truely died. i walked up behind myself sitting on the ground and touched my shoulder and it was cold. i then turned around to look myself in the face. and this image still haunts me to this day. i was staring into the eyes of myself face to face, and i just looked so dead. my face was pale and blue, my eyes were blood shot, i was looking at myself dead. then this is where things got foggy, i remember nothing. and i was back in my body. it felt like i just took my first breath of life, i had no idea what the hell had just happened. and when i had asked my friends the next day what happened to me? they said i seemed fine, i was just sitting there talking with them and i never passed out. the reason i started abusing dxm was because i was extremely depressed and this was honestly the best way to escape from yourself and your head. i have been hospitalized numerous times for overdoses and suicide attemps i have even stayed at a residential facility. finally i just started hating the high everytime i did cs, it wasnt the same anymore, it just made me feel insane. i thought i had completely lost my mind, and some trips would last so long that i thought i would be permanetly like that. i stopped daily abusing dxm after about 2 years, mainly because i was instituationalized for half a year and i was also sent to the department of corrections for 5 minutes. but honestly those things were a blessing to me otherwise i would have never gotten off the cs and i could never think rationally again. its been about a year since ive done dxm, and i feel like i am permantely damaged from it. i have an extreme seperation from reality, sometimes i dont know whats real or not. i constantly have nightmares and my dreams are so vivid that i honestly dont know what was reality or a dream. i get really nervous when people talk to me, i try to keep eye contact but im constantly looking away. and i feel like when someone is trying to talk to me, my brain cant process what theyre saying fast enough and i get really confused easily. i am so overly paranoid about every little thing. i constantly go over in my head about the weirdest things happening to me. i have pretty bad social anxiety now, whenever someone is talking or laughing i automatically assume that they are talking about me and i freak out. i have also been having pretty frequent panic attacks, and each one is a little different. sometimes ill start to feel nausous and like im about to pass out, i cant breathe, then everything gets really loud at once and then i cant hear anything. i honestly feel like im dying. other times ill start to see flashing lights and my brain will start to feel all fuzzy and im hypervenilating and i have to seclude myself from everyone to calm down. my muscles are constantly tensed up without me even realize it and it cause alot of pain. i also unknowingly clenched my jaw so much that it hurts and my teeth actually loosen up. i have this feeling of inpending doom sometimes, but not all the time. sometimes i get so nervous and paranoid over nothing i think i see shadows in the dark and i feel like someones in my room, and not neccessarily a person, more so a demon. i feel so socially awkward when meeting new people, it makes me feel really unfortable. and i used to be such a social butterfly. sometimes i feel like im losing my mind, and i honestly dont know what is wrong with me. if you could be inside my head you would probably lose your mind. but ive learned to hide it well, for the most part. i dont talk to anybody about the things i experience because i feel disguisted by myself for having this wrong with me. i constantly get migranes (migraines), and randomly ill feel like im really ****** up in class. ill be sitting there and then i start nodding off and i feel so stupid and confused because i have no idea what shes talking about. ive been diagnosed so many different things, but they dont fit my problems. i honestly do think that i toxic physcosis from the long term use of dxm. i feel like my brains slowly deteriating. i forget how to spell 5 letter words. i have the most terrible memory. i honestly couldnt remember anything i did yesterday or any conversations ive had with people unless they remind me. it makes my friends so upset because im constantly retelling them same stories because i dont remember having the conversation and it makes me feel so stupid. i really need to seek some professional help but ive been to so many places and none of them have helped. i need a doctor that specializes in polysubstance abuse mental affects. and its a lot worse for my ex boyfriend, hes done a lot more than i have in life and it breaks my heart to be with him because i can see his brain deteriating. he forgets simple tasks such as opening a car door, making mac n cheese, and being able to hold a conversation. he is almost impossible to talk to because he doesnt usually understand and hell reply with like one irrelevent word. im just hoping that my problems wont progressively get worse. i cant still function normal in society but i fake it through every day, no one would ever suspect the **** that goes through my head. i just really need a good doctor to talk to.
If u want to live a long healthy life stay away from this ****!
I am David Jervis Jr and I have abused all forms of Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide and Dextromethorphan Polistrex containing products for the past 7 years of my life. I am 21 and turn 22 on June 30th, 2013. I am increasingly paranoid and I do not eat or sleep for days when I am sober. I have become irritable and even violent. I also hallucinate constantly and frighten people when I talk to them, and they even fear for their life when I'm telling jokes. I have become disturbed and everyone knows it. I have noticed that I do not feel emotions the same anymore, and fear/guilt have grown stagnant. Anxiety festers to a life-threatening level, and my short-term memory is now shot, but my long-term memory has actually increased sixfold over the years. My heart pounds often, but I am actually able to run mile after mile and I lift weights. I just recovered from a relapse...but every single time I binge for weeks and weeks at a time taking 16-32 at a time, about 1-3 times a day. I feel as if my mind is no longer the way a human mind should be. I feel alienated, but I remember everything I see or hear, smell or taste...and the only time I do not remember anything is when I have psychotic episodes and black out.
I hope this is informational to all who read it.
i'm 25 years old and i first tried cori when i was 13, i used to do it in high school on the weekends with my friends and i would take 10-16 pills to get high. i stopped taking them my junior year of high school because one of my friends got caught doing them so all of our parents were keeping a close eye on us. however, now that i am in grad school for counseling i have started taking them again. at first i took 7 pills on the drive home to visit my family over Christmas break. i have a lot of anxiety and it helped me calm down. but now i have been taking them for 3 months straight and take 14 in the morning and sometime 8 more in the afternoon. it makes me feel awake and alive and focused and happy. i am also on an antidepressant and for some reason the combo is so amazing. i don't know if/when i will stop but i'm not having any negative side effects at all. it makes me sleep really well, i eat less which is great because i'm trying to lose weight. i know it is harmful to ur body but i feel sooo good! i also smoke pot daily and all 3 together is like the best cure for my depression and anxiety that i have ever found. but at the same time i feel so GUILTY for abusing this stuff.

does any one know what i'm talking about or has any one had this experience? i don't really get messed up anymore on them i use them to be productive and get stuff done.  
Check out fallonrains post. She articulates what lies ahead in this addiction to these type of meds. You sound like such a bright girl with your whole life ahead of you. Honestly I don't know the longterm effects/damage first hand but have read many horror stories on the dead end road you'll certainly face. Please stop now while your option is still there and your not in so deep that you'll suffer unneedlessly. Much luck to you.
To KT1234 5678 I am going through the exact same thing. E mail me, I want to talk. Im rachel, 19 years old. ***@****
i started doing triple cs when i was 18 yrs old it is some of the happiest memories of my life, i absolutely loved tripping and was addicted to the overwhelming feeling of happiness and confidence i gained from them, at certain times i thought i was a princess, i also would go on stealing binges at wal mart and not think twice about it and thought i was invincible doing just all kinds of crazy things... the very first time that i took them i took 64 because i had only take 16 and was so convinced cold medicine couldnt get me high so i kept popping them not realizing that sometimes it took a while to kick in i ended up taking 64 the first time and  there after went from 16 for a while up to at the most 100. honestly. i took them all day everyday and built up a super high tolerance i thought i was invincible but you know what im lucky im not dead. instead i ended up spending about 3 1/2 years of my life in prison over stuff i dont even remember doing like stealing from stores and fighting its really crazy to come down from a trip and sleep for days in a jail cell until you finally come around and wake up and have to ask a guard why you are in jail what did you do. i lost ex to the drug, as he is still strung out on them severely i lost my home my vehicles and even my daughter because i wouldnt stop tripping, this all lasted from the age of 18 until i was 23 years old im now 25 and live with the regret every day of my life,

as to get back on ur question, some of the side effects may never go away, everybody is just different some are more lucky then others some ppl are so crazy from them they are in mental hospitals my tick from triple cs was that i would what u call "jerk" it was like i was overdosing off of them and having seizures and my vision would go crazy along with my hearing i would be in another mental world now being almost 26 sometimes as i sleep i feel like im going into that darkness STILL after being clean for years and i will jerk awake with a severe headache and a feeling of pressure at the base of my school and i will be in pain all day, they havent been as frequent but they still happen. also i lost some of my hearing in my left ear, because when they were coming out my system all the nasty toxins coming out my body made me sick and i developed a severe cold because the cccs are a cough suppressant it suppresses all the germs into your body and once u dont have the drug anymore it all comes back out through ur pores and body at once after being suppressed for so long.... i got really bad ear infections and sinus infections that i lost that hearing. my short term memory has also been damaged which still hasnt gotten any better you can tell me something and i will immediately forget it or i will repeat myself.

everybody is different the drug effects everybody in a different way.... i know this may seem a little harsh but all you can do is pray it goes away because you dont ever know what damage you really have done to your brain until its already done. there isnt a lot of information on the after effects but just be happy your still alive because many are not. if you are still abusing stop now before you end up in jail or prison or even worse dead. because it all comes in stages.
best of luck maybe if your lucky it will all go away.
I stumbled across this sight while researching the effects of the drug triple c has on people. Not because I was curious but because I just left somebody who has been doing it for a little over three years. I tried to help said person when he confessed to me that he was a user. That did not go well at all. He started just hiding it would never talk to me about his urges or anything! He served in the army and got medically discharged out. It started before he left the army. So after reading what all of you have been thru and the battle that you have been going thru I thought maybe it would be helpful to you if I share the story from the other side of the fence. What other people go thru when you are doing this. Maybe it will help some of you to think before you take. Because believe it or not you are not just hurting yourself you are hurting those who love you as well. My story:

We met in high school and he went to the army and I went to college. We lost contact and then one day when I was going thru a divorce he messages me. We got back together and I was so happy! Then on Christmas Eve I got a call from my room mate. "Hun you need to come home he is talking to people who aren't there." So I left my family party early and rushed home as fast as I could. I didn't know what was wrong with him. I thought maybe it was granmal seizures because he has had them before. Little did I know that was not the case. Then after this happened a few times he finally sat down and told me he had an addiction to coricidin. I cried! I have two kids! Not by him but by my ex husband. I had trusted him to watch my kids while I worked! And he had been popping pills? You had to be kidding me. But I loved him and offered to help offered to be there for him. Then the outbursts started. He would get so mad over nothing at all. He would become complacent and pay not attention to me at all. He would zone out. He would forget everything I told him. And things got worse from there. We got pregnant and fought all the time about him doing the pills and drinking all the time. He would go a week straight with no sleep, slurred speech, hallucinate and then I had a miscarriage and I thought things can't get any worse. I was wrong. He then became violent! I cried all the time, he would scream at me and my kids. Then finally one day we got into it right after he took some pills and he became violent again. I had had enough I called the cops and had him removed from the home. We broke up. A few months went by he would message me and say he was gonna kill himself and all sorts of crazy things. One day he would be nice and then one day he would flip out. He blamed me and still does for his addiction, he would put me down all the time. Then one day he came to me and said he had been clean for weeks and wanted to give us a real try this time. So I gave in! I shouldn't have done that. Things went good for awhile and then he started using again. I went back to crying all the time. I was so angry at him but also at myself for not staying away. I knew better because as I learned at a very young age when my dad was a drug addict .....they don't change unless they want to and they have to really really want to.  I yet again tried to help him and yet again failed. I was being blamed for his addiction yet again. And finally I had had enough. I told him I was leaving and started to pack my things and told him that in two weeks me and the kids would no longer live there. Things got worse from there. I found several empty packages under the seat of my car. Three to be precise. All from one sitting. I started finding all of his hiding places and all of the empty packages. And then he got drunk one night and got violent. I called the cops and this time I had him arrested. He was bailed out of course. And in a few days I have the court day to see if he will serve jail time. I told my advocate about the coricidin and everything that happened. Hopefully he will get jail time and court ordered rehab. I hope he will change but he has been doing it for so long and showing no signs of stopping.
I recently told my psychiatrist about my usage and he told me that abusing this drug can cause blood clots, stroke, high blood pressure, and it can increase your temperature to 106 and you can die. The positive side effects we all love include, loss of appetite, hyper-vigilance(being hyper and attentive), feeling more awake, feeling more confidant, and euphoria (very very happy). I have committed to quitting these little devils and my psychiatrist said if i can quit, he will put me on a drug called Topamax, which is used for anxiety, depression and has a side effect of weight loss. We all need to cut this **** out! we are too smart and worth too much to continue down this road. Hope this info helps some of you.
I'm having a lot of problems and I'm 18 and used to do it for 3 months then I stopped and started again and I've been doing it for 3 or 4 months now I do it every weekend up to 35 pills.. Now every time I do it, the next day I start my period? And I just had it like a week ago.. Idk if its the pills but I'm pretty sure cause I don't have 3 periods in 1 month.. Idk what's going on but I'm really scared and can't stop
   you must stop drinking robitussin your organs will start failing very soon.  girl this is serious I am a recovering addict and by drinking the robitussin is a shock to your organs and long term abuse your organs will shut down quickly! stop taking it and start drinking ALOT of water take some multivitamins a double dose of vitamins the first two days and drink water  at least 2 2liters a day if you need help with addiction you can go to a county mental health facility or a 30 day program AA& NA meetings are available to you and it is free. my number is 8045250245 if you need to talk.my name is Jennifer This is a life and death situation.  
it messes with my period too!!! i have my period every other week and i take my birth control everyday at exactly the same time!!!
Has this this Topamax helped you? I take it for the same reasons, weight, alertness, energy, happiness.  I don't think I get migraines, just a dull ache that's bearable.  I really want to get off these, but every time I try, I go through depression, and ultimately want to lose weight and get back to feeling "normal", but I know I'm ruining my body and my life doing these. I've done some research and, if this helped you, it may help me too. Please email me at ***@****.  thank you you so much for your time.
topamax has really helped me! ya i get the same dull headache about everyday and i have now been off the triple c's for over a month! whoohooo, if u can get past the first 2 weeks without them it gets a lot easier!!! and u feel so much better i promise!!!! u think u cant be happy without them but really it turns out u are much happier without them!!!

hope this helps!
hi my ex is really addicted to them, imtalking about 3 or 4 boxes at a time everyday for a month,he hasnt slept in a week, and he tried to stab me and became so delusional that he thinks itsokay to hit woman, he thinks he is in a videogame, is there anyways i can convince him to go to rehab even tho hes not okay in the head.He is so gone tht he convinced himself and his mother that i used to hit him,he has been emotionally and physically abusive and his mother wont get him help.please help me get him help.im so worried. he cant count to 20 anymore, is there any way i can convince him to get help even though hes still on them????? will he ever get better? will he ever realize what he did was wrong? if he gets better will his brain still be convinced of all the horrible things he convinced himself off? or will he remember what he did when he was high? im at my wits end i dont know what to do.
im 18 now i started taking cough medicine like nyquil as a kid. time went by and when i turned 17 i tryed coricidin because of some friends and the trip it felt fimiliar made me feel like i was kid again in ways. and increases my creativity, i started with taking 16 and thats all my friends said i need to just take 16 for the first few trips. by my 3rd trip i done 24 then that added to doing 32 in a day, then i started staying up for weeks and weeks up on it started taking more than 50 atleast within one tripping session. im just now starting to get clean. me personally when im not taking them i dont trip, but if i smoke a bowl or 2 it brings back a trip. human brains work in many ways. and because of mentality. how i remember by images. smells, i think smoking weed triggers the trip because ive smoked so much weed while on ccc's looking or doing the same activies. but as in a cure none real i think. search inside your inner mind and ask yourself whats real and fantasy, and if you cant do what i do smoke a bowl and embrace that you just might be stuck here, just make sure to surround yourself with positive things. your trips may be diffrent then mine, but my trips are effected by memories. so lets say i watch a movie or listen to music on triple c's the trip will go one way whilst you ponder on something else your trip can take a diffrent direction. so i avoid scary movies atleast ones about demons lol i got sucked into insidious 2 and i got possesed by a demon and i dont even believe in god or satan, and avoid songs about being skitzo that ***** the worst because then you start to hear and see **** thats not really there. while your asking for a cure, its only within yourself. yea a md might be able to give meds to help with the phyiscal damages only mentally cure is finding it within yourself. you have to desire wanting to change
for me being sober is the insane part. when im on dex im content with life. it brings me to inner peace. ive learned to control my trips. i know how to take them in the right direction for non scary trips. but i cant quit taking boxes and boxes everyday, the only part of trip c's is the fact it damages the body physically but when im tripping so hard all the time its easy to let that part escape my mind.
Hi. okay i am 17, and i know alot of people who have been on tripples cccs.
and so have I.

My best advice it to always remember, everything you thought back then was the trip.

And now your not tripping.

Just remember that. Everything will go back to normal, sometimes you just have to push it that way, push the light back into your eyes. and always know
Your,not,tripping,anymoree.

Getwhat im saying?
goodluck(:
Hey buddy, I hope you are still off that crap for real so I can have a piece of mind because im 28 and ive been taking dextromethorphan since I was 16 and I seriously would do it every day 2 to 4 boxes of coricidin at a time and it feels like I have a constant concussion and I really want to stop doing the dumb ****.I hope there is an end to it and the thoughts after and hopefully to pick up life where I left off? Its kinda scary honestly just know there is someone who feels your pain
its never been proven to cause olneys lesions when pertaining but the most closely related drugs (pcp, and ketamine) have been shown when exposed to extremely large doses continously all day. i know dxm isnt good at all for you but just so every one knows theres has never been tests on humans and a rat is what a quarter of a pound in weight and injected with doses even our livers or better yet kidneys would fail before the **** even reached the part of the brain where onleys lesions are.
but i am in the same spot as all of you..  started of with delsym, then i would do robotusiin + a bottle or 2 of vicks 44 throughout the night then vicks gott taken off the shelves in my town (i honestly think it was because of me cuz every store that carried it i probally stole 500 - 1000 dollars worth of 44 alone)thats when i started doing cccs i would do delsym then tussin then cccs and my friends said i would be so ****** up i would do more cccs i dont know if thats true cause i used to blackout all the time and like all of you have said you feel insane once your hooked on when you start to come down.. i havent done the **** in 3 weeks still fighting the urge but when i do it now the last 2 binges i managed to stop myself after 4 or 5 days straight.. but before thatit was every dayif i was awake i was trippin balls until one day i stopped trippin and having the dxm was neccasary for me to be happy or anything else for that matter.. my social life went down the drain foor awhile lost the only girl ive been inlove with lost almost everything.. my grandma died when i was strung out the **** so i dont even remeber saying bye i only remember walking into her hospital room and the machines were no longer on... thats what made me quit the first time (only was able to quit 2 days tho then i was back on a 4 month binder with one or two days in between. ***** no joke and everyone thats addicted to it idk if yall felt the same way but its like youll have an ephinany on it and say to yorself ive never doing it again but as soon as you come down you go rigtt back and take more.
I've been doing C'S for about two to three weeks ( l have lost track..) I've taken. About 12. Each. Time.  Im on em' as  I type this. I'm depressed but thanks to yalls stories.. I'm freaked. The. **** out . I'm done. I. Have 28 left . It will be my last two trips (14). Each ...  Thank y'all for. Sharing these. Stories.  I. Appreciate it.
I have experienced this but i wasnt on triple cs as long as you were i was on them everyday for like a month and finally did 32 of them and I had effects of that last a few days, enough to scare me so much i didnt do them for a while.

Anyways its not guarenteed to go away, dextromethorphan messes with your central nervous system, therefor making it capable of harming your brain. Its very possible you have permanent brain damage causeing your effects that youll have to live with.
I had a similar situation in my town. Many of the commonly abused DXM products have been taken off of shelves in various stores.

I'll try to make this relatively short so that it's readable. I've been abusing DXM for years. I found that tripple C's give me the most enjoyable effect, probably because of the two active ingredients combined. I don't do them too terribly often. Certainly when I'm on them I'm not myself, but otherwise I haven't noticed any "bi polar" or lasting central nervous system effects that some of you mention.

They switched the CCC's recently. They are no longer candy coated and don't seem to have as much of an effect. I'm not sure why, perhaps they are time release or something. Anyway, I typically took two boxes (32 pills) at a time of the newer CCC's and would get the effect of maybe 20 pills of the old candy coated ones.

Recently I probably had in my possession about 10 boxes. I was taking them throughout the day. Unfortunately, I underestimated them. I blacked out that evening. I have no idea how many boxes I had left, but I was found at least a day later basically still incoherent from the drugs. There were none left, so I know I took A LOT! I really have no idea, but I would estimate maybe six boxes throughout the night.

I was lying on the ground. I couldn't walk at all. I literally thought I had a stroke or something.

Anyway, I was taken to the hospital. I had fallen at some point, so got 4 stitches in my chin, had minor bleeding in my head probably due to the fall, was suffering from liver damage, and was on the verge of kidney failure. My liver wasn't that bad and recovered in a few days, but my kidneys were worse. The doctor estimated it was due to a combination of the drugs, dehydration, and lying in one spot for a long period of time.

They tried to have me urinate so they could test my urine and I couldn't. They stuck a catheter in me and my urine was literally mud brown. I have never seen anything like it. They said that I was so dehydrated and confined in a fixed position for so long that my kidneys began breaking down and processing muscle which clogs them up leading to kidney failure. It is known as Rhabdomyolysis. My whole body was sore as though I just did a total body workout for the first time in years.

Anyway, I spent a week in the hospital. Most of the time I was in intensive care. I had an IV and catheter till the last day and they took blood from the same arm every two hours. It ******* sucked. They also did two complete liver flushes with a second IV.

When I was finally healthy enough to go home, my numbers were almost back to normal. I was told I would make a full recovery. Before I left, though, the doctor said (I'm estimating numbers here, can't remember exactly) that my kidney count (whatever number they were looking at) is like 600 and mine was 120,000. He said I got lucky. If I hadn't been found on time I'd be dead or on dialysis.

My mother joined me at the hospital shortly after I had arrived. She didn't tell me this till I came home, having mostly recovered, but I guess every time they left my room they were talking about my astronomical numbers and seriously worried about irreversible kidney damage. Of course, no one told me this at the time. I actually didn't even think I was sick. Thought I'd spend the night and then go home the next day.

So, dire warning. I would stay away from it. If you are going to do it, though, I would recommend a sober babysitter. Especially if you are prone to blackouts. Stay well hydrated, too.
did you ever pea blood
I am in the same position. How did you quit?
Hi! my name is Katie and I have been abusing Coricidin for about a year now. i was recently hospitalized after I "overdosed" on 24. i usually take only 16 just because I love to do it. my parents think I am addicted but honestly I just love the high. The out of body experiences and the warm tingly feeling I get after I take them is irreplaceable. I started doing them a 15 with my best friend because I was hearing voices and seeing shadows. I was later diagnosed with Bipolar type 2 with Physcotic episodes. Now we are possibly considering paranoid scizophrenia. I think tripple cs honestly have pushed me to the edge of being scizophrenic. I am on medication for my Bipolar and it helps with the voices but had I never started doing tripple cs then maybe my condition would not have worsened. I can easily say that I am able to stop anytime and now that my parents are threatening to send me to rehab I have no choice. Plus I have a horse and she is my everything. I dont know what i would do without her. I compete in rodeos as a barrel racer and now that I am 16 I can drive. I think tripple cs have given me a glimpse at what people who get addictions can go through but the memory loss and sometimes not understanding a conversation is not worth the high. i promise that tripple cs only hurt you. you my think you need them but in actuality you are better off and happier without them. anyways, just thought I should share my story. I really like this site. If anyone ever wants to talk, Im here :) just email me: ***@****

whoop whoop mcl <3
actually just message me on here and I will be happy to help or even just talk.. i like talking to people who go through the same things I do so just know Im here when you think nobody else is :)
Hey barrelracer! Just wanted to let you know this is an older thread but if you go to the top of the page and hit the post a question button more people will support you. I am so glad you are here and just wanted to welcome you it is kind of late so there may not be very many replies until morning.
I wish the best for all of you. My 18 year old Son has been on these pills for almost 2 years now. Had to call 911 twice I thought he was gonna die. He has taken up to 40 pills at a time. I don't know what to do. I've tried to talk to him, beg him, ***** at him, threaten to kick him out. I'm so worried about him I feel like I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown at times. Any Advice? Do I just try to ignore it? He was in drug treatment for 9 months last year for marijuana. He got caught up in the system and was dirty so they sent him away. I'm desperate Please help! Also please let me know of any support groups. I could really use it myself. Thank you.
Having been there myself, I am ceasing dxm use after two years, 480 mg a day. This is the second period of cessation.. I believe the brain is re-regulating itself now that it doesnt have the drug to flood the receptors with neurotransmitters....Having done this once before after a year usage (before going back to it...the effects are just as painful for me as they were before...

For me this has been continuous petite mal seizures or glitches every few seconds every minute, sensations of posession when trying to sleep, complete social anhedonia (so bad there isnt even a desire to interact for even sexual contact), complete nihilistic thinking, and anxiety leaving the house....There is also sever coordination problems, extreme tremors and this occurs every moment of every day....Thoughts seem to have constant breaks in them...

It can last 2 weeks for to a month for me until i am stabilized again...Weaning urself off is better than cesation as i am currently learning the hard way....It's hell and the cold sweats arent fun either nor is the nauseau....but once its gone things return to normal...

Good news is u arent ****** up for life....Bad news is its gonna hurt ...aLOT!
Would some of you consider telling your stories on some of the robo tripping forums. For the most part all they talk about is how cool it is tripping balls and what a great high it is, but never about the side affects. My son went on a 4 day binge and its been over a week and he still is not back to normal. He took it once and liked it so much he keep doing it till he couldn't,t come back down. Now his body is numb his face and lips tingle, he has tracers and his hearing is off, also he feels dissociated.
Does he, by any chance, also take antidepressants?  It's a dangerous combination. You should have him checked out by a doctor to make sure he didn't suffer a mini stroke.
I've abused coriciden for through out my teen years and into my early adult years. A while back I started using them daily for four months.. I would take up to 50-60 pills a day and sometimes in one sitting. I used so I could get away from reality and away from myself. I knew they were bad for me, but at the time I really didn't care. Its been almost six months since my binge and I have to say I am NOT the same person I used to be. Im extremely slow and forgetful. Its hard for me to put sentences together or find the words i'd like to use. It affected my relationships with my family and friends. My best friend of 12 years kicked me out of the apartment we shared because I was taking coriciden. I started shoplifting 5-10 boxes at time. I moved back with my mom after being kicked out.. Of course she found out of my abuse of DXM.. It was obvious. I was running into walls, everytime i tried talking to her it just came out as slurs.. One night i took coriciden with LSD and tripped so bad I was on the floor in the living room screaming at the top of my lungs that i was dying. My mom called the ambulance & on the way to the hospital I was screaming that I was being abducted by aliens. After that all I remember was waking up in a mental institute. ANYWAYS! Being sober now and trying to patch my life back together has been a complete struggle. I lost the trust and respect from all of my friends and family. Its hard for me to even have friendships now because I cant express myself or say what I want because I dont know how to anymore. I just want to say to anyone thinking of using coriciden or to those that are. Just dont. Its not worth it. Think about your future.. Do you want to be have mental disabilities for the rest of your life because of it?
I'm a 19 year old female. I graduated high school last year, got a great job, started going to college, and was living pretty stably on my own. I have always had a love/hate relationship with alcohol. I didn't do anything else but drink...then I couldn't get up in time for work. A friend introduced me to TripleC's and just haven't been able to stop since. I LOVE them but the side effects scare me, I'm aware I could lose my job, I quit school, currently being evicted, and my friends/family are torn up over this. I'm also going insane...I talk out of my head. I once looked at my step dad after he asked if I was listening to his warnings of addiction (he's a pillhead) and replied, "Don't you know we're all already dead and just puppets? My puppeteer is about to give up on me though. I need to figure up a plan but for now lets not talk loud enough to where they can hear us and know what we're up to." I could hear myself say this but was not thinking it or even controlling my mouth it felt like. WTF is happening to me? Idk what to do or how to stop???? Once I came in from work, took more than I should've, set up in the corner of my room next to the ceiling and WATCHED MYSELF lay on my bed while my eyes rolled around in my head.
  I say each box is the last box but then before I know it, I'm ****** walkin out of DG with another box swearin to myself and sayin how it's the last time (probably out loud hell.) I keep planning to eat a bottle of sleeping pills so I can end this ****...but it would devastate my mama. Someone pleeeeaaase ******* help me off this ****!!!!!???? This is not me.
You would be better served to start a new thread as this one is old and will get passed by.

Yes, you definitely need help.  I would recommend an intensive inpatient rehab program.  Have you actually tried any kind of recovery program up til now, or just telling yourself you have to stop?

If you continue to abuse this, you will suffer devastating consequences...you've already started to.  Please get help ASAP.  If you feel you may harm yourself, seek immediate help.  Suicide isn't the answer.
Hi, just thought I'd let you know I abused that drug for years, daily. I tried to quit many times and failed. Until, I went in patient for a couple months. I didn't have the money, so I put it on credit card. Still the best decision of my life. I just celebrated one year clean. Contact me if you want info on the rehab I went to. It was great. Very clean, great food, almost like a resort but without the huge price tag of some of the big name rehabs. It's privately owned buy a man in recovery and it totally changed my life. Good luck, you have a great life waiting for you on the other side of the addiction.