Long Term Coricidin/DXM/Cough Medicine Abuse
So, I abused Coricidin (triple c's) for about three years, along with Robotussin and Delsym on occasion.  At first it was with my friends on the weekends for about a year.  then i stopped for a while when i was on probation, and started back after six months of only smoking weed. this time i was hooked, taking coricidin by myself at least two or three times a week, and for the last year or so, i did it almost every day.  The most i ever took was 28 pills, but usually it was 16 (a whole box).  At the time, i didn't realize it, but I was delusional, and pyschologically addicted.  Finally, my mom noticed I was psychotic and took me to rehab.  My delusions were like everything from thinking i was being controlled by a snake that bit my brain to thinking my friends had planted a mind controlling microchip on my head in the form of a mole, just crazy **** like that and sometimes hearing voices and hallucinating, and A LOT of paranoia.   Other drugs i did just A FEW times during this period were LSD, shrooms, DSO, morphine, marijuana, and lortabs, plus a little drinking.   Since i've been sober for the last two months, I've realized that I was totally screwed up.  

Now WITHOUT ANY DRUGS, I'm having problems with my vision, like seeing specs of light, or my vision will be pixelated, and also lights like head lights, the moon, streetlights, the sun, etc. will be all stretched out, like when you squint really hard, except my eyes are wide open.  Other times i get blasts of light, like everything is overwhelmingly bright.  It's almost as if my eyes are still dilated.    My hearing is still like it was when i was tripping.  Music sounds so full and like it's got tons of reverb even when it doesn't, and i hear this constant white noise when i'm trying to listen.  It sounds crazy, but it's like i'm stuck in the afterglow of tripping.
Also, sometimes i can't sleep because my brain is racing with crazy *** thoughts, and then other times i feel completely stupid.  i'm having memory problems, trouble concentrating, and my muscles feel tight.  Off and on, I hear a voice in my head narrating my actions, I think it's from drug induced psychosis, and i'm still having fits of paranoia and delusions.  I can't tell if it's getting better of worse.  I'm scared I'm going to be tripping permanently.

Has anybody else been through this?   If so, how long does it take to feel like you've come down completely, or will it ever even go away?  Could it be withdrawals, or can you even have withdrawals from something that's not physically addictive?  How long will it take my vision to be normal?  Have I done permanent brain damage?  Are there any ways to speed up the healing process besides taking prescription drugs?  I think I've put enough chemicals in my body already, I'd like to get better naturally if that is possible.   If I stay sober, will drug induced psychosis ever go away?

Do you have health insurance? Can you go to inpatient rehab? You really need to stop.  Yes, it does cause lesions on your brain.  Your young, you can turn this around. You could always contact your local NA group for support. Good luck!
I've read most if not all of your comments, I started taking "Triple C's" when I was 18, my fathers girlfriends daughter introduced me to them, along with a whole new world of pleasures I'd never known existed, this continued for about 8 months, after she left I found myself feeling empty with her gone and started to take them for more than just recreational purposes I wasn't having fun anymore I was taking them to fill a void that she left in my life, well one day I had a horrible horrible trip and puked for 3 days, I was coming up on 19 years old when that happened, I'm now 23 and I've taken triple c's or some equivelant of DXM a total of about 5 times in the past 4 years, each time its been a huge chore to even make myself swallow the stuff, as soon as I start to think about it my mouth starts tasting metal and I feel sick to my stomach and as I'm sitting here writing this I've had a box of Coricidin on the top of my dresser for the past 6 months to remind me where I was at one point in my life and just looking at it makes me sick to my stomach, I'm not quite sure what brought this negative side effect about but I thank God daily that I can't take them anymore like I used to, I have said a short prayer for each and every one of you out there struggling with this addiction, I've been there and I know its hard, NEVER EVER GIVE UP HOPE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW AND BETTER IN LIFE YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT BAD ENOUGH!
God Bless you all.
Look up hallucinagenic persistence perception disorder or HPPD.  This will go away with time.  Stop smoking everything.  Caffiene will make you have worse anxiety than a normal person.  Start reading alot.  This will help you with your concentration problems.  God Bless you.  Pray for the Lords help.  I have had the exact problems for the exact reasons.  Ask Jesus to help you.  
My boyfriend and i starting taking triple cs and delsym about 4 years ago on a regular bases. we would take atleast 24-72 cs at a time and trip for 3 days straight. i used to love the high but then my tolerence got too high and now i have to take enough to almost kill me. we were both consistantly doing dxm for about 2 years straight. i was literally insane, and i didnt even realize it. i would sit in my room at night and legitametly thought that two of my friends were in my room with me and i was talking to them the entire night. i could see and talk to them, and it seemed so completely realistic. i would crawl around the corners of my house at night digging around constantly looking for something but i couldnt ever remember what i was looking for. when i would try to talk, my speech was so disorganized, you couldnt understand a word i was saying. and i couldnt understand why i couldnt talk. ive had some really bad experiences with this drug, but by far the worse experience i had was when i drank 2 bottles of the family sized delsym. i remember sitting criss cross apple sauce on my friends room, and all of a sudden my heart starting beating really fast then it suddenly stopped and i got really cold and then i felt nothing.i was completely blind and incoherent, i thought i was dead. but for a second i thought i snapped out of it, i came to, and i was standing in the corner of the room thinking what the **** just happened, then i look on the floor and im just sitting there slunched over unresponsive. i couldnt even comprehend the situation that was going on, i thought that i had truely died. i walked up behind myself sitting on the ground and touched my shoulder and it was cold. i then turned around to look myself in the face. and this image still haunts me to this day. i was staring into the eyes of myself face to face, and i just looked so dead. my face was pale and blue, my eyes were blood shot, i was looking at myself dead. then this is where things got foggy, i remember nothing. and i was back in my body. it felt like i just took my first breath of life, i had no idea what the hell had just happened. and when i had asked my friends the next day what happened to me? they said i seemed fine, i was just sitting there talking with them and i never passed out. the reason i started abusing dxm was because i was extremely depressed and this was honestly the best way to escape from yourself and your head. i have been hospitalized numerous times for overdoses and suicide attemps i have even stayed at a residential facility. finally i just started hating the high everytime i did cs, it wasnt the same anymore, it just made me feel insane. i thought i had completely lost my mind, and some trips would last so long that i thought i would be permanetly like that. i stopped daily abusing dxm after about 2 years, mainly because i was instituationalized for half a year and i was also sent to the department of corrections for 5 minutes. but honestly those things were a blessing to me otherwise i would have never gotten off the cs and i could never think rationally again. its been about a year since ive done dxm, and i feel like i am permantely damaged from it. i have an extreme seperation from reality, sometimes i dont know whats real or not. i constantly have nightmares and my dreams are so vivid that i honestly dont know what was reality or a dream. i get really nervous when people talk to me, i try to keep eye contact but im constantly looking away. and i feel like when someone is trying to talk to me, my brain cant process what theyre saying fast enough and i get really confused easily. i am so overly paranoid about every little thing. i constantly go over in my head about the weirdest things happening to me. i have pretty bad social anxiety now, whenever someone is talking or laughing i automatically assume that they are talking about me and i freak out. i have also been having pretty frequent panic attacks, and each one is a little different. sometimes ill start to feel nausous and like im about to pass out, i cant breathe, then everything gets really loud at once and then i cant hear anything. i honestly feel like im dying. other times ill start to see flashing lights and my brain will start to feel all fuzzy and im hypervenilating and i have to seclude myself from everyone to calm down. my muscles are constantly tensed up without me even realize it and it cause alot of pain. i also unknowingly clenched my jaw so much that it hurts and my teeth actually loosen up. i have this feeling of inpending doom sometimes, but not all the time. sometimes i get so nervous and paranoid over nothing i think i see shadows in the dark and i feel like someones in my room, and not neccessarily a person, more so a demon. i feel so socially awkward when meeting new people, it makes me feel really unfortable. and i used to be such a social butterfly. sometimes i feel like im losing my mind, and i honestly dont know what is wrong with me. if you could be inside my head you would probably lose your mind. but ive learned to hide it well, for the most part. i dont talk to anybody about the things i experience because i feel disguisted by myself for having this wrong with me. i constantly get migranes, and randomly ill feel like im really ****** up in class. ill be sitting there and then i start nodding off and i feel so stupid and confused because i have no idea what shes talking about. ive been diagnosed so many different things, but they dont fit my problems. i honestly do think that i toxic physcosis from the long term use of dxm. i feel like my brains slowly deteriating. i forget how to spell 5 letter words. i have the most terrible memory. i honestly couldnt remember anything i did yesterday or any conversations ive had with people unless they remind me. it makes my friends so upset because im constantly retelling them same stories because i dont remember having the conversation and it makes me feel so stupid. i really need to seek some professional help but ive been to so many places and none of them have helped. i need a doctor that specializes in polysubstance abuse mental affects. and its a lot worse for my ex boyfriend, hes done a lot more than i have in life and it breaks my heart to be with him because i can see his brain deteriating. he forgets simple tasks such as opening a car door, making mac n cheese, and being able to hold a conversation. he is almost impossible to talk to because he doesnt usually understand and hell reply with like one irrelevent word. im just hoping that my problems wont progressively get worse. i cant still function normal in society but i fake it through every day, no one would ever suspect the **** that goes through my head. i just really need a good doctor to talk to.
If u want to live a long healthy life stay away from this ****!
I am David Jervis Jr and I have abused all forms of Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide and Dextromethorphan Polistrex containing products for the past 7 years of my life. I am 21 and turn 22 on June 30th, 2013. I am increasingly paranoid and I do not eat or sleep for days when I am sober. I have become irritable and even violent. I also hallucinate constantly and frighten people when I talk to them, and they even fear for their life when I'm telling jokes. I have become disturbed and everyone knows it. I have noticed that I do not feel emotions the same anymore, and fear/guilt have grown stagnant. Anxiety festers to a life-threatening level, and my short-term memory is now shot, but my long-term memory has actually increased sixfold over the years. My heart pounds often, but I am actually able to run mile after mile and I lift weights. I just recovered from a relapse...but every single time I binge for weeks and weeks at a time taking 16-32 at a time, about 1-3 times a day. I feel as if my mind is no longer the way a human mind should be. I feel alienated, but I remember everything I see or hear, smell or taste...and the only time I do not remember anything is when I have psychotic episodes and black out.
I hope this is informational to all who read it.
i'm 25 years old and i first tried cori when i was 13, i used to do it in high school on the weekends with my friends and i would take 10-16 pills to get high. i stopped taking them my junior year of high school because one of my friends got caught doing them so all of our parents were keeping a close eye on us. however, now that i am in grad school for counseling i have started taking them again. at first i took 7 pills on the drive home to visit my family over Christmas break. i have a lot of anxiety and it helped me calm down. but now i have been taking them for 3 months straight and take 14 in the morning and sometime 8 more in the afternoon. it makes me feel awake and alive and focused and happy. i am also on an antidepressant and for some reason the combo is so amazing. i don't know if/when i will stop but i'm not having any negative side effects at all. it makes me sleep really well, i eat less which is great because i'm trying to lose weight. i know it is harmful to ur body but i feel sooo good! i also smoke pot daily and all 3 together is like the best cure for my depression and anxiety that i have ever found. but at the same time i feel so GUILTY for abusing this stuff.

does any one know what i'm talking about or has any one had this experience? i don't really get messed up anymore on them i use them to be productive and get stuff done.  
Check out fallonrains post. She articulates what lies ahead in this addiction to these type of meds. You sound like such a bright girl with your whole life ahead of you. Honestly I don't know the longterm effects/damage first hand but have read many horror stories on the dead end road you'll certainly face. Please stop now while your option is still there and your not in so deep that you'll suffer unneedlessly. Much luck to you.
To KT1234 5678 I am going through the exact same thing. E mail me, I want to talk. Im rachel, 19 years old. ***@****
i started doing triple cs when i was 18 yrs old it is some of the happiest memories of my life, i absolutely loved tripping and was addicted to the overwhelming feeling of happiness and confidence i gained from them, at certain times i thought i was a princess, i also would go on stealing binges at wal mart and not think twice about it and thought i was invincible doing just all kinds of crazy things... the very first time that i took them i took 64 because i had only take 16 and was so convinced cold medicine couldnt get me high so i kept popping them not realizing that sometimes it took a while to kick in i ended up taking 64 the first time and  there after went from 16 for a while up to at the most 100. honestly. i took them all day everyday and built up a super high tolerance i thought i was invincible but you know what im lucky im not dead. instead i ended up spending about 3 1/2 years of my life in prison over stuff i dont even remember doing like stealing from stores and fighting its really crazy to come down from a trip and sleep for days in a jail cell until you finally come around and wake up and have to ask a guard why you are in jail what did you do. i lost ex to the drug, as he is still strung out on them severely i lost my home my vehicles and even my daughter because i wouldnt stop tripping, this all lasted from the age of 18 until i was 23 years old im now 25 and live with the regret every day of my life,

as to get back on ur question, some of the side effects may never go away, everybody is just different some are more lucky then others some ppl are so crazy from them they are in mental hospitals my tick from triple cs was that i would what u call "jerk" it was like i was overdosing off of them and having seizures and my vision would go crazy along with my hearing i would be in another mental world now being almost 26 sometimes as i sleep i feel like im going into that darkness STILL after being clean for years and i will jerk awake with a severe headache and a feeling of pressure at the base of my school and i will be in pain all day, they havent been as frequent but they still happen. also i lost some of my hearing in my left ear, because when they were coming out my system all the nasty toxins coming out my body made me sick and i developed a severe cold because the cccs are a cough suppressant it suppresses all the germs into your body and once u dont have the drug anymore it all comes back out through ur pores and body at once after being suppressed for so long.... i got really bad ear infections and sinus infections that i lost that hearing. my short term memory has also been damaged which still hasnt gotten any better you can tell me something and i will immediately forget it or i will repeat myself.

everybody is different the drug effects everybody in a different way.... i know this may seem a little harsh but all you can do is pray it goes away because you dont ever know what damage you really have done to your brain until its already done. there isnt a lot of information on the after effects but just be happy your still alive because many are not. if you are still abusing stop now before you end up in jail or prison or even worse dead. because it all comes in stages.
best of luck maybe if your lucky it will all go away.
I stumbled across this sight while researching the effects of the drug triple c has on people. Not because I was curious but because I just left somebody who has been doing it for a little over three years. I tried to help said person when he confessed to me that he was a user. That did not go well at all. He started just hiding it would never talk to me about his urges or anything! He served in the army and got medically discharged out. It started before he left the army. So after reading what all of you have been thru and the battle that you have been going thru I thought maybe it would be helpful to you if I share the story from the other side of the fence. What other people go thru when you are doing this. Maybe it will help some of you to think before you take. Because believe it or not you are not just hurting yourself you are hurting those who love you as well. My story:

We met in high school and he went to the army and I went to college. We lost contact and then one day when I was going thru a divorce he messages me. We got back together and I was so happy! Then on Christmas Eve I got a call from my room mate. "Hun you need to come home he is talking to people who aren't there." So I left my family party early and rushed home as fast as I could. I didn't know what was wrong with him. I thought maybe it was granmal seizures because he has had them before. Little did I know that was not the case. Then after this happened a few times he finally sat down and told me he had an addiction to coricidin. I cried! I have two kids! Not by him but by my ex husband. I had trusted him to watch my kids while I worked! And he had been popping pills? You had to be kidding me. But I loved him and offered to help offered to be there for him. Then the outbursts started. He would get so mad over nothing at all. He would become complacent and pay not attention to me at all. He would zone out. He would forget everything I told him. And things got worse from there. We got pregnant and fought all the time about him doing the pills and drinking all the time. He would go a week straight with no sleep, slurred speech, hallucinate and then I had a miscarriage and I thought things can't get any worse. I was wrong. He then became violent! I cried all the time, he would scream at me and my kids. Then finally one day we got into it right after he took some pills and he became violent again. I had had enough I called the cops and had him removed from the home. We broke up. A few months went by he would message me and say he was gonna kill himself and all sorts of crazy things. One day he would be nice and then one day he would flip out. He blamed me and still does for his addiction, he would put me down all the time. Then one day he came to me and said he had been clean for weeks and wanted to give us a real try this time. So I gave in! I shouldn't have done that. Things went good for awhile and then he started using again. I went back to crying all the time. I was so angry at him but also at myself for not staying away. I knew better because as I learned at a very young age when my dad was a drug addict .....they don't change unless they want to and they have to really really want to.  I yet again tried to help him and yet again failed. I was being blamed for his addiction yet again. And finally I had had enough. I told him I was leaving and started to pack my things and told him that in two weeks me and the kids would no longer live there. Things got worse from there. I found several empty packages under the seat of my car. Three to be precise. All from one sitting. I started finding all of his hiding places and all of the empty packages. And then he got drunk one night and got violent. I called the cops and this time I had him arrested. He was bailed out of course. And in a few days I have the court day to see if he will serve jail time. I told my advocate about the coricidin and everything that happened. Hopefully he will get jail time and court ordered rehab. I hope he will change but he has been doing it for so long and showing no signs of stopping.
I recently told my psychiatrist about my usage and he told me that abusing this drug can cause blood clots, stroke, high blood pressure, and it can increase your temperature to 106 and you can die. The positive side effects we all love include, loss of appetite, hyper-vigilance(being hyper and attentive), feeling more awake, feeling more confidant, and euphoria (very very happy). I have committed to quitting these little devils and my psychiatrist said if i can quit, he will put me on a drug called Topamax, which is used for anxiety, depression and has a side effect of weight loss. We all need to cut this **** out! we are too smart and worth too much to continue down this road. Hope this info helps some of you.
I'm having a lot of problems and I'm 18 and used to do it for 3 months then I stopped and started again and I've been doing it for 3 or 4 months now I do it every weekend up to 35 pills.. Now every time I do it, the next day I start my period? And I just had it like a week ago.. Idk if its the pills but I'm pretty sure cause I don't have 3 periods in 1 month.. Idk what's going on but I'm really scared and can't stop
   you must stop drinking robitussin your organs will start failing very soon.  girl this is serious I am a recovering addict and by drinking the robitussin is a shock to your organs and long term abuse your organs will shut down quickly! stop taking it and start drinking ALOT of water take some multivitamins a double dose of vitamins the first two days and drink water  at least 2 2liters a day if you need help with addiction you can go to a county mental health facility or a 30 day program AA& NA meetings are available to you and it is free. my number is 8045250245 if you need to talk.my name is Jennifer This is a life and death situation.  
it messes with my period too!!! i have my period every other week and i take my birth control everyday at exactly the same time!!!
Has this this Topamax helped you? I take it for the same reasons, weight, alertness, energy, happiness.  I don't think I get migraines, just a dull ache that's bearable.  I really want to get off these, but every time I try, I go through depression, and ultimately want to lose weight and get back to feeling "normal", but I know I'm ruining my body and my life doing these. I've done some research and, if this helped you, it may help me too. Please email me at ***@****.  thank you you so much for your time.
topamax has really helped me! ya i get the same dull headache about everyday and i have now been off the triple c's for over a month! whoohooo, if u can get past the first 2 weeks without them it gets a lot easier!!! and u feel so much better i promise!!!! u think u cant be happy without them but really it turns out u are much happier without them!!!

hope this helps!
hi my ex is really addicted to them, imtalking about 3 or 4 boxes at a time everyday for a month,he hasnt slept in a week, and he tried to stab me and became so delusional that he thinks itsokay to hit woman, he thinks he is in a videogame, is there anyways i can convince him to go to rehab even tho hes not okay in the head.He is so gone tht he convinced himself and his mother that i used to hit him,he has been emotionally and physically abusive and his mother wont get him help.please help me get him help.im so worried. he cant count to 20 anymore, is there any way i can convince him to get help even though hes still on them????? will he ever get better? will he ever realize what he did was wrong? if he gets better will his brain still be convinced of all the horrible things he convinced himself off? or will he remember what he did when he was high? im at my wits end i dont know what to do.
im 18 now i started taking cough medicine like nyquil as a kid. time went by and when i turned 17 i tryed coricidin because of some friends and the trip it felt fimiliar made me feel like i was kid again in ways. and increases my creativity, i started with taking 16 and thats all my friends said i need to just take 16 for the first few trips. by my 3rd trip i done 24 then that added to doing 32 in a day, then i started staying up for weeks and weeks up on it started taking more than 50 atleast within one tripping session. im just now starting to get clean. me personally when im not taking them i dont trip, but if i smoke a bowl or 2 it brings back a trip. human brains work in many ways. and because of mentality. how i remember by images. smells, i think smoking weed triggers the trip because ive smoked so much weed while on ccc's looking or doing the same activies. but as in a cure none real i think. search inside your inner mind and ask yourself whats real and fantasy, and if you cant do what i do smoke a bowl and embrace that you just might be stuck here, just make sure to surround yourself with positive things. your trips may be diffrent then mine, but my trips are effected by memories. so lets say i watch a movie or listen to music on triple c's the trip will go one way whilst you ponder on something else your trip can take a diffrent direction. so i avoid scary movies atleast ones about demons lol i got sucked into insidious 2 and i got possesed by a demon and i dont even believe in god or satan, and avoid songs about being skitzo that ***** the worst because then you start to hear and see **** thats not really there. while your asking for a cure, its only within yourself. yea a md might be able to give meds to help with the phyiscal damages only mentally cure is finding it within yourself. you have to desire wanting to change
for me being sober is the insane part. when im on dex im content with life. it brings me to inner peace. ive learned to control my trips. i know how to take them in the right direction for non scary trips. but i cant quit taking boxes and boxes everyday, the only part of trip c's is the fact it damages the body physically but when im tripping so hard all the time its easy to let that part escape my mind.
Hi. okay i am 17, and i know alot of people who have been on tripples cccs.
and so have I.

My best advice it to always remember, everything you thought back then was the trip.

And now your not tripping.

Just remember that. Everything will go back to normal, sometimes you just have to push it that way, push the light back into your eyes. and always know
Your,not,tripping,anymoree.

Getwhat im saying?
goodluck(:
Hey buddy, I hope you are still off that crap for real so I can have a piece of mind because im 28 and ive been taking dextromethorphan since I was 16 and I seriously would do it every day 2 to 4 boxes of coricidin at a time and it feels like I have a constant concussion and I really want to stop doing the dumb ****.I hope there is an end to it and the thoughts after and hopefully to pick up life where I left off? Its kinda scary honestly just know there is someone who feels your pain
its never been proven to cause olneys lesions when pertaining but the most closely related drugs (pcp, and ketamine) have been shown when exposed to extremely large doses continously all day. i know dxm isnt good at all for you but just so every one knows theres has never been tests on humans and a rat is what a quarter of a pound in weight and injected with doses even our livers or better yet kidneys would fail before the **** even reached the part of the brain where onleys lesions are.
but i am in the same spot as all of you..  started of with delsym, then i would do robotusiin + a bottle or 2 of vicks 44 throughout the night then vicks gott taken off the shelves in my town (i honestly think it was because of me cuz every store that carried it i probally stole 500 - 1000 dollars worth of 44 alone)thats when i started doing cccs i would do delsym then tussin then cccs and my friends said i would be so ****** up i would do more cccs i dont know if thats true cause i used to blackout all the time and like all of you have said you feel insane once your hooked on when you start to come down.. i havent done the **** in 3 weeks still fighting the urge but when i do it now the last 2 binges i managed to stop myself after 4 or 5 days straight.. but before thatit was every dayif i was awake i was trippin balls until one day i stopped trippin and having the dxm was neccasary for me to be happy or anything else for that matter.. my social life went down the drain foor awhile lost the only girl ive been inlove with lost almost everything.. my grandma died when i was strung out the **** so i dont even remeber saying bye i only remember walking into her hospital room and the machines were no longer on... thats what made me quit the first time (only was able to quit 2 days tho then i was back on a 4 month binder with one or two days in between. ***** no joke and everyone thats addicted to it idk if yall felt the same way but its like youll have an ephinany on it and say to yorself ive never doing it again but as soon as you come down you go rigtt back and take more.
I've been doing C'S for about two to three weeks ( l have lost track..) I've taken. About 12. Each. Time.  Im on em' as  I type this. I'm depressed but thanks to yalls stories.. I'm freaked. The. **** out . I'm done. I. Have 28 left . It will be my last two trips (14). Each ...  Thank y'all for. Sharing these. Stories.  I. Appreciate it.
I have experienced this but i wasnt on triple cs as long as you were i was on them everyday for like a month and finally did 32 of them and I had effects of that last a few days, enough to scare me so much i didnt do them for a while.

Anyways its not guarenteed to go away, dextromethorphan messes with your central nervous system, therefor making it capable of harming your brain. Its very possible you have permanent brain damage causeing your effects that youll have to live with.
I had a similar situation in my town. Many of the commonly abused DXM products have been taken off of shelves in various stores.

I'll try to make this relatively short so that it's readable. I've been abusing DXM for years. I found that tripple C's give me the most enjoyable effect, probably because of the two active ingredients combined. I don't do them too terribly often. Certainly when I'm on them I'm not myself, but otherwise I haven't noticed any "bi polar" or lasting central nervous system effects that some of you mention.

They switched the CCC's recently. They are no longer candy coated and don't seem to have as much of an effect. I'm not sure why, perhaps they are time release or something. Anyway, I typically took two boxes (32 pills) at a time of the newer CCC's and would get the effect of maybe 20 pills of the old candy coated ones.

Recently I probably had in my possession about 10 boxes. I was taking them throughout the day. Unfortunately, I underestimated them. I blacked out that evening. I have no idea how many boxes I had left, but I was found at least a day later basically still incoherent from the drugs. There were none left, so I know I took A LOT! I really have no idea, but I would estimate maybe six boxes throughout the night.

I was lying on the ground. I couldn't walk at all. I literally thought I had a stroke or something.

Anyway, I was taken to the hospital. I had fallen at some point, so got 4 stitches in my chin, had minor bleeding in my head probably due to the fall, was suffering from liver damage, and was on the verge of kidney failure. My liver wasn't that bad and recovered in a few days, but my kidneys were worse. The doctor estimated it was due to a combination of the drugs, dehydration, and lying in one spot for a long period of time.

They tried to have me urinate so they could test my urine and I couldn't. They stuck a catheter in me and my urine was literally mud brown. I have never seen anything like it. They said that I was so dehydrated and confined in a fixed position for so long that my kidneys began breaking down and processing muscle which clogs them up leading to kidney failure. It is known as Rhabdomyolysis. My whole body was sore as though I just did a total body workout for the first time in years.

Anyway, I spent a week in the hospital. Most of the time I was in intensive care. I had an IV and catheter till the last day and they took blood from the same arm every two hours. It ******* sucked. They also did two complete liver flushes with a second IV.

When I was finally healthy enough to go home, my numbers were almost back to normal. I was told I would make a full recovery. Before I left, though, the doctor said (I'm estimating numbers here, can't remember exactly) that my kidney count (whatever number they were looking at) is like 600 and mine was 120,000. He said I got lucky. If I hadn't been found on time I'd be dead or on dialysis.

My mother joined me at the hospital shortly after I had arrived. She didn't tell me this till I came home, having mostly recovered, but I guess every time they left my room they were talking about my astronomical numbers and seriously worried about irreversible kidney damage. Of course, no one told me this at the time. I actually didn't even think I was sick. Thought I'd spend the night and then go home the next day.

So, dire warning. I would stay away from it. If you are going to do it, though, I would recommend a sober babysitter. Especially if you are prone to blackouts. Stay well hydrated, too.
did you ever pea blood
I am in the same position. How did you quit?
Hi! my name is Katie and I have been abusing Coricidin for about a year now. i was recently hospitalized after I "overdosed" on 24. i usually take only 16 just because I love to do it. my parents think I am addicted but honestly I just love the high. The out of body experiences and the warm tingly feeling I get after I take them is irreplaceable. I started doing them a 15 with my best friend because I was hearing voices and seeing shadows. I was later diagnosed with Bipolar type 2 with Physcotic episodes. Now we are possibly considering paranoid scizophrenia. I think tripple cs honestly have pushed me to the edge of being scizophrenic. I am on medication for my Bipolar and it helps with the voices but had I never started doing tripple cs then maybe my condition would not have worsened. I can easily say that I am able to stop anytime and now that my parents are threatening to send me to rehab I have no choice. Plus I have a horse and she is my everything. I dont know what i would do without her. I compete in rodeos as a barrel racer and now that I am 16 I can drive. I think tripple cs have given me a glimpse at what people who get addictions can go through but the memory loss and sometimes not understanding a conversation is not worth the high. i promise that tripple cs only hurt you. you my think you need them but in actuality you are better off and happier without them. anyways, just thought I should share my story. I really like this site. If anyone ever wants to talk, Im here :) just email me: ***@****

whoop whoop mcl <3
actually just message me on here and I will be happy to help or even just talk.. i like talking to people who go through the same things I do so just know Im here when you think nobody else is :)
Hey barrelracer! Just wanted to let you know this is an older thread but if you go to the top of the page and hit the post a question button more people will support you. I am so glad you are here and just wanted to welcome you it is kind of late so there may not be very many replies until morning.
I wish the best for all of you. My 18 year old Son has been on these pills for almost 2 years now. Had to call 911 twice I thought he was gonna die. He has taken up to 40 pills at a time. I don't know what to do. I've tried to talk to him, beg him, ***** at him, threaten to kick him out. I'm so worried about him I feel like I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown at times. Any Advice? Do I just try to ignore it? He was in drug treatment for 9 months last year for marijuana. He got caught up in the system and was dirty so they sent him away. I'm desperate Please help! Also please let me know of any support groups. I could really use it myself. Thank you.
Having been there myself, I am ceasing dxm use after two years, 480 mg a day. This is the second period of cessation.. I believe the brain is re-regulating itself now that it doesnt have the drug to flood the receptors with neurotransmitters....Having done this once before after a year usage (before going back to it...the effects are just as painful for me as they were before...

For me this has been continuous petite mal seizures or glitches every few seconds every minute, sensations of posession when trying to sleep, complete social anhedonia (so bad there isnt even a desire to interact for even sexual contact), complete nihilistic thinking, and anxiety leaving the house....There is also sever coordination problems, extreme tremors and this occurs every moment of every day....Thoughts seem to have constant breaks in them...

It can last 2 weeks for to a month for me until i am stabilized again...Weaning urself off is better than cesation as i am currently learning the hard way....It's hell and the cold sweats arent fun either nor is the nauseau....but once its gone things return to normal...

Good news is u arent ****** up for life....Bad news is its gonna hurt ...aLOT!
Would some of you consider telling your stories on some of the robo tripping forums. For the most part all they talk about is how cool it is tripping balls and what a great high it is, but never about the side affects. My son went on a 4 day binge and its been over a week and he still is not back to normal. He took it once and liked it so much he keep doing it till he couldn't,t come back down. Now his body is numb his face and lips tingle, he has tracers and his hearing is off, also he feels dissociated.
Does he, by any chance, also take antidepressants?  It's a dangerous combination. You should have him checked out by a doctor to make sure he didn't suffer a mini stroke.
I've abused coriciden for through out my teen years and into my early adult years. A while back I started using them daily for four months.. I would take up to 50-60 pills a day and sometimes in one sitting. I used so I could get away from reality and away from myself. I knew they were bad for me, but at the time I really didn't care. Its been almost six months since my binge and I have to say I am NOT the same person I used to be. Im extremely slow and forgetful. Its hard for me to put sentences together or find the words i'd like to use. It affected my relationships with my family and friends. My best friend of 12 years kicked me out of the apartment we shared because I was taking coriciden. I started shoplifting 5-10 boxes at time. I moved back with my mom after being kicked out.. Of course she found out of my abuse of DXM.. It was obvious. I was running into walls, everytime i tried talking to her it just came out as slurs.. One night i took coriciden with LSD and tripped so bad I was on the floor in the living room screaming at the top of my lungs that i was dying. My mom called the ambulance & on the way to the hospital I was screaming that I was being abducted by aliens. After that all I remember was waking up in a mental institute. ANYWAYS! Being sober now and trying to patch my life back together has been a complete struggle. I lost the trust and respect from all of my friends and family. Its hard for me to even have friendships now because I cant express myself or say what I want because I dont know how to anymore. I just want to say to anyone thinking of using coriciden or to those that are. Just dont. Its not worth it. Think about your future.. Do you want to be have mental disabilities for the rest of your life because of it?
I'm a 19 year old female. I graduated high school last year, got a great job, started going to college, and was living pretty stably on my own. I have always had a love/hate relationship with alcohol. I didn't do anything else but drink...then I couldn't get up in time for work. A friend introduced me to TripleC's and just haven't been able to stop since. I LOVE them but the side effects scare me, I'm aware I could lose my job, I quit school, currently being evicted, and my friends/family are torn up over this. I'm also going insane...I talk out of my head. I once looked at my step dad after he asked if I was listening to his warnings of addiction (he's a pillhead) and replied, "Don't you know we're all already dead and just puppets? My puppeteer is about to give up on me though. I need to figure up a plan but for now lets not talk loud enough to where they can hear us and know what we're up to." I could hear myself say this but was not thinking it or even controlling my mouth it felt like. WTF is happening to me? Idk what to do or how to stop???? Once I came in from work, took more than I should've, set up in the corner of my room next to the ceiling and WATCHED MYSELF lay on my bed while my eyes rolled around in my head.
  I say each box is the last box but then before I know it, I'm ****** walkin out of DG with another box swearin to myself and sayin how it's the last time (probably out loud hell.) I keep planning to eat a bottle of sleeping pills so I can end this ****...but it would devastate my mama. Someone pleeeeaaase ******* help me off this ****!!!!!???? This is not me.
You would be better served to start a new thread as this one is old and will get passed by.

Yes, you definitely need help.  I would recommend an intensive inpatient rehab program.  Have you actually tried any kind of recovery program up til now, or just telling yourself you have to stop?

If you continue to abuse this, you will suffer devastating consequences...you've already started to.  Please get help ASAP.  If you feel you may harm yourself, seek immediate help.  Suicide isn't the answer.
Hi, just thought I'd let you know I abused that drug for years, daily. I tried to quit many times and failed. Until, I went in patient for a couple months. I didn't have the money, so I put it on credit card. Still the best decision of my life. I just celebrated one year clean. Contact me if you want info on the rehab I went to. It was great. Very clean, great food, almost like a resort but without the huge price tag of some of the big name rehabs. It's privately owned buy a man in recovery and it totally changed my life. Good luck, you have a great life waiting for you on the other side of the addiction.
I did Coricidin for two years. Terrible stuff. I wrote my entire experience in it in my blog. The symptoms don't always completely go away. They slowly fade over time. The cool thing about your brain is, it rebuilds itself in its own neat way. I've been clean for 3 years now and I feel mostly normal, aside from some high feelings randomly, but rarely. And some weird flickers in my peripherals. Cough medicine is some nasty stuff, and not just cause it tastes disgusting. Apparently cough medicine is popular among young teens because its not exactly illegal. I'm trying to spread awareness about it over my neglected blog. If you would like to check it out, here's a link: http://dearbitchingblog.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-cough-medicine-abuse-rainbow-from.html and if you like what I wrote, share it with people. Maybe one day, people will turn to weed instead of slowly destroying themselves.
I have en going through all of these posts and really for the first time ever I have started understanding the damage I have done to my body from taking coricidin. Its started out as an escape from reality once a week with my friends but eventually I wasn't satisfied with just once a well I started taking them throughout the week as well with out my friends just to get through daily life! I remember always hearing birds chirping above my head but I loved them they made me so confident and happy! My house was always clean because I always had the energy to clean I always had food because I would steal everyday from any store I could get to. I had amazing social skills and it felt like for the first time ever I was truly enjoying life. Before I started using them I was cutting because I was mentally hurt but after I stared using them I would cut all the time and most times because it was cool to watch in my head I told myself that I was artistic and the cuts on my body were my art. I forced myself to throw up everyday to get skinnier because I hated being the chubby girl. Then eventually I needed to drink everyday to feel high on them. I do remember being paranoid and always thinking that people were conspiring against me. Eventually my friends left because they couldn't deal with always seeing me like that, my family stopped coming to see me because they hated what I was doing. I kept my body healthy by always drinking water, eating three small meals a day that always contained fruit and walking. This is the only time I have ever been able to go to school and do good. I got pregnant at about 6 months into my binge and quite immediately. I miscarried my baby though but the guy I was with didn't want me to do them anymore I figured because I had already quit I just would stay done with them. I lapsed a few times here and there for a few days or so. I got pregnant again and my beautiful baby was born three months premature absolutely non drug related. And passed away in the hospital 16 days later. Since that has happened I have starred smoking meth and I just would love to be back on them but every time I do them I don't get the good feelings I used to get hen I first stating doing them. I don't feel happy or confident, I feel paranoid and awkward I just sit there in a daze silently till I come down. Reading this though has really made me not want to do them. I no longer do any drugs at the moment but I crave them so bad. I have noticed that I occasiomly can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy. I still get paranoid and have depression/anxiety and bipolor. Is there any way to ever feel normal without them. I feel so depressed when I'm not on them and sometimes that little red devil told m I'd be happier on them. I just don't want to completey wreck my body and brain.... Ugh soooo torn!!!!!
I was taking triple c's for about six months before I quit, but I was doing it heavily, for about a month straight, taking all 16 pills at once.  I would also mix it with weed and cigarettes and one time I even tried drinking... Now I've sobered up and gotten away from my friends that were influencing me to use, and I can relate with your symptoms.  I get these weird dancing lights in my vision, sometimes black spots where there's nothing at all, I have extreme tenseness in my jaw muscles and other parts of my body.  For a long time I was having digestive problems.  I also suffered from severe depression for the first year after I stopped taking the pills.

If you're still struggling with getting back to normal, I suggest diet and exercise as the number one remedy.  Its the only thing that makes me feel normal, to do something physical and build up my strength again, because of course, while I was doing pills, I was hardly eating, and would have tons of sugary drinks while I was high, too, to get rid of the taste of puke in my mouth.  Also, you need to hang out with sober people, people who don't smoke or drink at all.  Even drinking alcohol will get you ****** up, because your liver is so damaged.  I made that mistake once months after I had stopped using, thinking I could handle it.  In fact I got so drunk that I ended up smoking meth without even knowing it.  

Your best bet is to stay completely sober, and keep yourself busy.  Picking up hobbies like reading is good, because it makes your brain focus and slow down.  It helps me sleep, because sometimes I can't stop my thoughts from going crazy either.  Some days it would get so bad that I would think about just laying down on train tracks and giving up, and I wouldn't even feel scared by these thoughts.  On my good days, though, I know that's not what I should do.  Whenever I'm feeling weak or helpless, I talk to my friends, or I do a workout, to get my head back on straight.  You'll get through it, you just need to find a new, positive focus so your mind isn't on the past, but the future. You're still here and alive, and that's what is most important.
I have schizo-affective disorder. It was never really that bad as a kid but then I too started abusing cold medication for 7 years. I took the regular abusive dose of 16 at a time. in some cases I went two weeks without ever crashing because I used it so often. I took mushrooms once (its a long story but basically I took them after I was told that it was horny goat weed and a couple girls were on their way to visit my friend and I. it ended up being 2-3gs of dried ground shrooms from brazil) I used to snort hydros, adderal, and Xanax, sometimes separately, sometimes all together in one giant line. This was all over 8 years ago. Two years ago, I had a complete mental break down. I went into a dead street late at night and started smashing my bike on the road because I almost got hit by a car a couple times earlier that week. I then jumped the fence of a public pool. Someone told me to leave but I pleaded that it was "ok" because I knew what I was doing. I then jumped in with my clothes on. Later that night I was waiting for my clothes to dry by walking around. The cops picked me up after 7-10 of them pointed their guns at me. I nearly s**t my pants. They took me to the psychward which is when I decided to see a theorpist again. now Im on invega susstenia (montly shot form) for Schizo-affective disorder with is a combo of schizophrenia and bi-polar which triggers the schizophrenia. The meds help ALOT.
Staying sober is definitely the best option. IT ALWAYS IS!!!! I  heard how good the trip was so i decided to take them.. I eventually got up to taking 2 full packs. My whole life changed NOT FOR THE BETTER! I became apathetic and i did things i would never do if i was in the right state! PSYCHOSIS is a side effect! I myself have experienced it and it is the SCARIEST thing to ever go through. The high on these pills is great but THINK about what you are doing to your body. These pills RUINED my life and picking up the pieces is the hardest thing i've ever had to do. HELP is not as far away as you think.. as much of a drag as it seems and as stubborn as you are -or convinced that you're okay or better than that. YOOURE NOT!  I have constant muscle contortions and my reality is not always clear, i have the worst headaches- along with high blood pressure and anxiety that's through the roof. Also the choices i made on them has effected my life forever. THE HIGH YOU GET FROM THESE PILLS IS NOT GREATER THAN THE REGRET THAT WILL FOLLOW! im so worried for all the stories i have read on these pills.. i wish people were more content with their lives and didn't see drugs as the only option. God Bless you all. Stay strong..
How are u doing now now that u r sober? How long were u sober? Please reply it seems like ur the only one on here that got through it
I've been addicted to corocidin for 15 years, I started when I was 15 and I'm 30 now, I started taking about 8-10 pills at a time with my friends on the weekends and it just escalated to taking an average of about 20 pills almost every day. I used to love the high but there were times when I took too much my heart would race out of my chest and I sometimes would thought I would hear a radio playing quietly in the distance, my hearing would get muffled and I already had bad hearing to begin with. Throughout the years of my abuse I started getting headaches and a couple years ago is when I started experiencing nerve damage in my hands and arms. I would see spots of light floating around, and there was a couple times when I had bursts of light in my eye that hurt and I knew then what had just happened, I just had blood vessels burst in my eye. Then over the summer I had my first stroke, I didn't know that's what it was at the time, all I know is I just heard something "pop" inside my brain, it was the scariest sound I ever heard, it almost echoed in my head like it was hollow and my vision went blurry and I had almost no motor function I could barely walk I thought I was gonna fall. You would think that would be enough to scare me straight right? But no it didn't, after a while I started again and then last week it happened again, my second stroke. I felt my brain swelling earlier and then that familiar feeling from the summer time except this time it was worse and lasted a lot longer like it happened a few times, I know I had to go to the hospital but I was so afraid my parents were going to find out I was using again. I was on probation for 3 years and was in multiple drug programs doing 5 years of continuous treatment, the last thing I wanted to do was let my parents down, again. I know this time I was definitely scared straight cuz there will be no next time. I have caused so much damage to my body I don't think will ever heal, I am slower than I used to be and I have neuropathy in my arms and legs
I do not really know the exact date that I started taking triple c's but it  has been at least 6 months now since I've started. I am a female and I have suffered with ADHD, depression, and anxiety my entire life. I did not start taking medicine for it until my senior year of high school. I am 21 now and I do triple c's almost everyday. I usually take between 10-14 and I have not went over that and refuse to go over it. But the reason I'm posting this is because something happened about a month ago that was possibly the scariest thing of my life. My friend works at a drive thru tobacco place and I was there one night visiting him. I had done 14 triple c's before I went there and after I got there I drank 2 cans of beer, since my tolerance is usually okay. But right before we were about to leave I fell on the ground, he says, and looked as if I was having a seizure. In my head, however, it was like a repetitive loop of him dragging me across the floor and hitting the coolers and it was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced in my life. It's like 6 phases were happening over and over and over again with just a little blackout between each of them. Then once we are in his car I kind of come to, but I feel weird when he asked me to put my seat belt on because it didn't feel like I had a body. I felt like a floating pair of eyeballs. All of a sudden I could only move certain parts of my body, and I could feel things with my hands but I couldn't control what was going on in his passenger seat. I couldn't talk either no matter how hard I tried. I could scream though. I stretched my body to where I was beeping his horn with my leg while rolling down the back window with my arm that I turned all the way around in the seat for. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. Then I finally came to and he told me about what all he had just witnessed me doing. It felt like everything that I had ever known was wrong, like it was a lie and wiped away and this new realization set in that the world was different than I thought it was. It's hard to explain but that's the best I've got.. if someone has had a similar experience then please let me know. I've searched everywhere and nothing really explained what I've went through. You can email me at j a c e r 3 8 ....... @.......... g m a i l . c o m
Its been 13 years since I started taking trip c&#39;s. The high is Awesome. But the aftermath is terrible. Mood swings. Constantly hearing ringing in my ears. Light spots often are appearing in my eyes. I get pins and needles in different parts of my body. I want to get away from it so bad but it has a powerful persuasion on me. Its already ruined two relationships. And what&#39;s worse it cost me 3years away from my children. My faith in GOD is all that keeps me alive and fighting this demonic addiction. I still struggle with it. Its almost as if a part of me needs it. Its so scary when you build an intimate relationship with this demonic addiction. I pray for all of us who are fighting this. CORICIDIN SHOULD BE DISCONTINUED.ITS DANGEROUS
Do you or did you ever have excessive spit in your mouth or spit bubbles under your tongue making it hard to speak after taking large amounts of triple c? I took 16 of them back in june and have these spit bubbles under my tongue that will not go away.
I was introduced to tripple cs 2014 by a friend. My first time I took 6 pills by myself before bed just in case I had a bad trip there wouldn't be any one there to witness. I loved the first high it was something I never experienced. I was listening to music and basically just had a party in my own head. I continued doing them with 2 friends of mine a few times a week. Eventually we started getting into trouble like shoplifting going to jail and getting into fights with our family. Fast forward today I'm 22 and I still take these pills everyday before work because I hate my job and I feel like there the only way I'll get through the day. Ive lost 5 jobs with these pills being the probable cause. I don't tell anyone but I know people notice me acting strange and slurring my words. Everyday I try to stop but I jus f end up right back at the pharmacy shoplifting.