Long term effect of sniffing petrol
1) I have a habit of sniffing petrol, am not addicted to it but I do it often (may be once/twice or thrice in a month). I have this habit for nearly 5 yrs. In the beginning, I sniffed often. Later I used to do once in a while.
2) And I also smelled moth balls (naphthalene) :( but am not using it now for nearly for 3 to 4 yrs.
Some days back, I came across an article and it was stated that sniffing petrol have lots of effects and it was mentioned that even if a girl stops it also, there are chances of having birth defects and disabilities in babies born to women who sniffed petrol.

From that point of time, am so disturbed. Will it affect my baby too? Or will it affect my health? What are the organs I should diagnose to know the problem? I have decided to quit sniffing henceforth.

Which specialist should i consult and get my doubts cleared?

Please advice me. Thanks in advance!!!
i do know it eats up brain cells...not sure if any thing else is  affected
My nephwes used to do it everyday on and off all day, I found one passed out with his nose stuck in a gas can. If you would meet them you would never ever do it again, niether can hardly read or count money thiere in there 30s now. mom and dad are ok uncles ok grandparents ok dont know if huffing caused it or not, but they are barely functioning adults.
Thanks a lot.. Wish me luck. Am planning to do a master check up in couple of days:)