Long-term effects of DXM

Are there any harmful long-term effects of DXM?
For example, if you take one bottle of Robitussin every month.
Also, is there a difference between the cough syrup and the gel caps?
Hey I read the article you wrote and the long-term affects that "robofrying" has had on you. I am 20 years old and I am experiencing similar if not the same affects that you are describing now. I have got high on robotussin two or three times in my life when I was 16. I also shroomed once when I was 16. Those are the only hardcore drugs I have ever done in my life. And even though I only robo fryed acouple times and shroomed once I realize that I did it when I was young and my brain was still developing. Ever since about a year ago when I was 19 I have felt dazed 70 % of the time or like I am high on marijuana. I feel as though I couldn't function like I use to. It has got a little better since the feelings originally started but still pretty bad. Could the affects of these drugs be just starting to catch up with me. The only main difference I noticed right after I did them was I became very lazy and my grades began to go down. But then acouple years later I begin experiencing the affects I described above. Please give me your oppinion on my situation and if you think it is because of my experimenting when I was younger.
The main reason DXM (dextromethorphan hydro-bromide) is so bad for your body (brain in particular) is b/c the bromide part.

Look up bromide/bromine poisoning to see what it does to the body.

They need to "add" bromine in order to allow the dex to pass the blood-brain barrier.  Without it, almost none will; Certainly not enough to have any noticeable effects.

The main problem with long term bromine exposure are brain lesions.

Enjoy your destruction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromism
How much were your taking, on average (in milligrams) ?
DXM, like opiates, its very deceptive in its addictiveness.

Yeah, you may not being doing them everyday, but what about every other week ?  Seems about the rate I was at in my worst with it.

Just when the acute physical symptoms are going away, the mental draw creeps back in (which I think is partly a physical craving) and the cycle repeats.  Anything with a pattern is an addictive behavior, no matter the frequency.
I did tripple c's last year and im suffering GREATLY! people cant touch my face because it triggers flash backs from using the drug.
at the time, i felt like i had nothing to lose, like after a few hours all the side affects would vanish and i would never have to deal with them again, and they probably would have if i had only done C's once. but no, i did them for a year straight, i was almost never sober and now i cant do alot of simple things, my grades dropped severely not because im not in school but because i cant focus on the question, it takes me about 3 minutes to figure out things that some people can figure out instantly.
side effects i still suffer from -
ranom dizzyness
if im ever in a big crown and i get bumped and dont realize it it feels like the floor vanished from my feet and i panic
im constantly paranoid
People cant touch my face because ill start tripping again
i cant eat or smell artificial grape or cherry lavors and scents, no more grape koolaid, or cherry popcycles, nothing, ill puke.
i cant take any form of Dextromethorphan or ill start tripping as if i'd taken 14 tablets
when im nausious i get dizzy and i almost always puke.
i cant look at flashing lights or anything that moves too rapidly
if someone turns the lights off and i dont expect it, ill jump and sometimes cry
people cant get too close to my face or ill freeze up and cry

These are all things i still suffer from and there are tons more, it's really complicated for me to get up and start the day and it's coplicating to stay happy as much as normal people.
I am truly jelous of people who dont suffer from these affects, im pretty sure i'll never be able to be a normal immature teen again, the experience just shocked me and i grew up almost instantly
im only 13 and ill probably have to live with these affects for the rest of my life.

PLEASE DO NOT DO TRIPPLE C'S YOU WONT REGRET IT AT FIRST BUT AFTER A WHILE IT'LL REALLY MAKE YOU WISH YOU NEVER HAD!!!
Hang in there. You're young your brain will heal.  Just stay away from all drugs and alcohol.  You don't want to be me ( almost 40) and still fighting addiction.  I wish I got my s h I t together when I was your age.
I am 37 yrs old and from 1995-1997 I would "overdose" on robo 2 or 3 times a month. I would usually drink a lot of beer while on it. Usually drinking 2 8oz bottles of robo and about 6 40oz of beer. We would drink a lot because the robo would dehydrate us. After a bad trip I stoped. But as the years go on the effects get worse. Extream parinoia around people I've known my whole life feeling that everyone around me can read my thoughts............... I occasionally have have flashbacks where I feel like I'm detached from my body and have to go walk around outside to calm down. These effect get worse as time goes by and I fear one day I'll be in a padded cell or take my life to make it stop. I've researched    a lot about the long term effects of the drug, but have found little info on it. Most psychiatrist I've seen have never heard of it or no little about it. I read somewhere that you can come out of a trip but come back in a different state of reality. I'm now take 1mg of Xanax twice a day for the past four years. After I had a complete mental breakdown. It helps but I will forever have to take that drug to feel normal. I've tryed to go off it, but after a short time of feeling how I did before being proscribed Xanax. I can't see how I walked around in that state of mind .SO IF YOUR THINKING OF TAKING ROBOTISSIN FOR A GOOD TIME ! GOD HELP YOU!! I've had one friend kill himself from the effects of this drug, and everyone i have spoke with who took it at the time i did is on some form of psyciatric medication! I urge Doctors start researching the long term effect of this drug!!!
Mark my words. DXM being used recreationally is bad bad bad news. At 18 I was at a private college that was being completely payed for in a pre-medical program that almost guaranteed me getting into med school.. I had tripped once before but wasn't fond. Then I met a friend at my school named Christian. Up to this point I'd popped a few aderall and smoked weed now and then. I'd juggled all that since I was 16 and still managed to have a 3.7 GPA, a great job, a great body from weight lifting and being on the swim team, and very attractive girlfriends. This all changed Fall Semester of 2011 at Harding University. My friend Christian introduced me to pure DXM I could buy online. The first time I tripped I had the full experience. I was in a dream world where everything was possible. My brain was controlling this machine underneath it. I heard and saw things. The euphoria was amazing. Long story short I tripped on and off as much as 3 times a week for a semester. I still didn't quite notice the long term effects until the next semester. The first semester I came out with a 2.8 GPA. It wasn't great but I was going to class and getting work done while balancing a social life. My friend Christian left and the next semester by the end of January I had met the love of my life Julia. That semester I decided to still robotrip frequently with normal doses being anywhere from 400-800.
Well let me tell you this right now. I live in my own personal hell now. I always prided myself on being sharp witted, funny, having a nice body, and being a social animal. Now, I've lost my job, flunked out of two semesters, I'm out of shape, I have barely any friends and no social life, and due to that the girl I loved left me to move back in with her parents. I live in a fog. I can't even COMPREHEND long term goals, I cannot think clearly, and I never feel like doing anything. I am constantly depressed and my life has no direction because I can barely pull myself together long enough to function successfully for one day. I know things will get better, but DXM has cost me so much money and so many relationships. Including my family too. Heed my warning. Steer clear of this drug OR PAY THE CONSEQUENCES. There is no such thing as free instant gratification. If you are looking for happiness and euphoria then EARN IT. Succeed academically, succeed at work, get in shape eat healthy paint read interesting books but DO NOT fool yourself into thinking DXM is ok. How this extremely detrimental drug is available over the counter I will NEVER KNOW. Much love, Andrew, AR
If you ever need someone to talk to about this, feel free to PM me.  I'm a year clean from a Tramadol addiction, but got hooked on DXM 3 months ago.  After not being able to get myself to stop, and feeling my life slip away, again, I entered outpatient treatment about a month and a half ago.  

I know this thread is about long-term effects, but for ANYONE who feels they cannot break out of this prison OR is considering trying it 'just once', please let me know. I have learned so much about how and why I got hooked on this specific substance, and how to turn things around.  I've relapsed a couple of times, but have 4 days clean, now.  I hope to find others who want to help each other out.  EmilyPost's Tramadol journal on medhelp saved my life, twice, so I hope to build a similar community.

We carry a lot more shame with this addiction, since almost no one understands it.  You are not alone.
Most times I drank 2 bottles at the same time (Robitussin Max Strength). Sometimes 3. I also took the pills. Sometimes one bottle, sometimes 2.

It was a horrible addiction. Disgusting one too... Now I can't even use it medicinally without gagging.
hello
i am addicted  to dex , been taking it for 7 years, I need help , any suggestions would be great

than ks
RM
How much do you do? Daily or occasionally? How do yor take it? Mucinex, Robitussin, ? I've been taking it daily for almost a year.
Hey there,

It would be a great help if instead of replying to people who are posting inappropriately, you just report it and let us know.  

Thanks!

Steph
My boyfriend has been tripping on tuss for years now I worry about him every day doing it. I am scared to lose him in every way shape and form. He's the love of my life and I look forward to marrying him someday and starting a family when we are older. I feel like scum cause I can't say no when he asks me to get it cause he gets mad but his addiction is getting worse. He can't work or function in life without tuss. I don't know what I can do to help him can anyone give me advice?
i so know what u mean i used off and on for years my heaviest being almost three years straight with only a few months being sober off it and it's messed me up it's left me being slow and im not goot at making decisions and im paranoid as all get out. i strongly advise against the recreational use of this product it will ruin u and i wish i would have never did it the first time. i used 2 love dxm but now i hate it
My post may not mean much to alot of people and forgive my awful grammar.

2 and a half years ago i joined the air force at a time in my life that was pretty depressing to me in fact i joined to kinda escape what i had done to my life, not because of drugs but really just my own stupidity. After basic training I went into tech school which the Air Force has all of its personel do to learn their respective jobs. I was still slightly depressed at the time  and when I heard about dxm it sounded like a great way to escape. I began to take dxm on about a weekly basis mostly on the weekends kinda as a way to pass time. Oh what a fool i was i told myself I would keep it as my recreational pastime but I was a fool and over time I began both upping my dosage and to increase the amounts of times throughout the week that i would take. It began to take over my life and there was a time about a month in when I realized deep down it was an addiction and I hated what I had allowed myself to do. At that time i called my parents and wept to them but i didnt tell them what was really going on (you see my parents are both Christians saved by an almighty god) I begged them to pray for me and I think i perhaps scared them and made them hopefull at the time that I would turn my life around from whatever it was that was controling me. After that i pretty much broke contact with my family and I continued to up my dosage and the amount of times i was taking. For about two years this went on and when I turned 21 I turned to alcohol in the hopes that it would perhaps help me to end my awful addiction to dxm (at the time I was averaging about 360 to 480 mg a day just about every day) alcohol didnt help not one bit and while I never became addicted to alcohol it did serve to make me perhaps an even more frequent abuser of dxm.

The turning point perhaps in my life was when I met the woman I wanted to spend my life with, oh how I loved her. I kept it a very close secret in my life from everybody that i was an abuser of dxm for I feared all my friends and most of all my beloved woman would turn against me and hate me. I knew what I had to do I knew I must quit in order to have the life that I wanted. I desperately tried to quit but it was all for naught the addiction was a powerfull one in me, and it only made me hate myself and what I had become. I slowly began to turn to god and the first few times I only begged he wouldnt let the drug abuse kill me. More and more though I began to ask god that he help me "turn my life around" (to everyone around me i had the perfect life nobody knew the struggle that i was dealing with.) Things continued to go along as normal and then I found out I was deploying and at first I was very against it, but then I thought oh what if I have no access to dxm then oh my gosh ill be forced to quit. Once again I was content and once again I turned away from God. Well i got to my deployed location and what do ya know of course i searched dxm out and it was readily available. Being the addict and  the fool that I was I went right back to it and once again began to hate my life and what i had become, and all hope escaped me. I still managed to hide it from everybody that I was living day by day with no real hope for my life. This went on for about 5 months of my deployment, and then it happened. I was talking to my sister over the internet one day and she was telling me about her life (even as i write this tears stream down my face)  and suddenly it was so clear that almighty god had orchestrated every event in my life...no he had not made me the wretched sinner that i was but he had controlled the events around me to put me in the place and in the mind set that i was in. I reached out to my sister that day and I told her that I wanted her and everybody that she knew that would pray for me to do just that. I know they did and she had no idea why but she contacted my parents and they did just that. I began to seek out God and I know i sound like a fool to probably most of you that take the time to read this, but know this God Almighty wants but one thing from us seek him out with alllll our hearts and he will look upon us and he will show us what he wants us to do moment by moment and he may indeed make us search him out for a long time maybe as a test to our resolve to find him i dont know i just dont but i know he wants us to search him out and we will find him
cont.

Well I did search him out and i didnt find him that day but I deep in my mind didnt think i would. I continued even then in the midst of my depravity to use dxm but a few days went by and luckily i happened to have a KJV bible with me and i had begun to read from it even in the moments that i was high....but listen to these words all you that are willing to listen and to read God and i mean God almighty which is in heaven is almighty to save and he can do whatever he wants he is GOD. On the 9th of january of 2013  yes only a few days ago God saved me he put alllll the pieces together and he helped me to see the wretched sinner that i was in alll my depravity. and he once again used my sister to suddenly put the pieces together for myself. I was still pretty heavy on the effects of dxm and i wasnt saved yet. I was taking one of my buddies home from work and yes even then I was on the effects of dxm. I began to open up to him about how I felt about my life and how I was beggining to turn to God for salvation and even as i spoke these words to him suddenly God reached down and he saved me and I knew in my heart at that moment that god had given me what he had given my parents an undoubting mind to know that i was saved god had saved this wretched fool and i openly wept at that moment in front of my buddy and he was shocked and i explained what had just happened not about the dxm but about the salvation and he congradulated me of course not fully understanding i only pray in the future he gives him (my buddy) the same salvation he GOD gave me.

I knew in that moment that I would never again allow for mind altering substances to cross my lips and I praised god for the freedom because many times i had lied deep in my mind and promised myself i would quit but this was different and i knew it.

That however is not where my story ends. God laid it upon my heart that i must come forward to my commanding officer and i must admit what i had done, and if you know anything about the military you know the chalenge that i was faced with. I knew that the moment i confessed to him there was a very good chance my career would end and since military laws are different than civilian that i might even face jail time for it. I wrestled with the idea for about a day but it was clear what i had to do and so i went before him and i laid it all out before him and sure enough he read me my rights and a great fear was upon me but ill tell you now i fear an almighty god more than i fear what any man can do to me.

my story isnt over folks and i dont think it will be over soon right now its been a few days since my confession and it appears the military only wants whats best for me and they want to make me better. I am being sent home just 10 days before the rest of my unit but thats gods purpose and ill follow his leading.  do not be of heavy heart for me for my future is in gods hands and even though its very uncertain and I dont know what all it is he would have me do i do know im on the right path and i do know i have finally defeated the dxm monster that was in my life for just over 2 years.

ill leave you with what this post is supposed to be about lol =P
as far as long term effects go i am not yet far along enough to know. I do know that my concentration level is very hard to maintain and I have to think very hard to keep my mind actively thinking about what it is i need to be thinking about. My stomach is almost continually messed up and ive vomited once and felt like vomitting quite a few times. Blood circulation seems to be limited and I have bright flashes in my head, it doesnt affect my sight but its odd and obviously not whats supposed to be happening. My memory is very finicky and it seems random what i do and dont remember at times.

If you managed to read all this gratz =) and i leave you with this last thought if you are on here browsing this perhaps looking to start dxm abuse or maybe your just starting and or trying to quit....please for the love of yourself the love of your loved ones and for all those that would look up to you i BEG you please please please do not start, and or do everything in your power to quit.
Whatever u do dont touch dxm!!! I lost my brother-in-law in may of 2008 he died a week b4 his 22 birthday and we buried him on what would have been his 22nd bday....he abused cold pills/ cough meds to get high..his hands shook out of control and whenever we saw him he was usually out of his mind...he died from dvt (deep vein thrombosis) a clot that went to his heart and killed him instantly...i believe he was high plateauing becuz he was unresponsive for over 20 hrs and his roommate refused to let anyone call for help until it was too late...he was literally 5 min from the hospital...if u dont want to end up in a bodybag dont ever touch this horrible drug!
thanks for sharing ... it gives me hope because I know other people are suffering just like me and I am not alone in this powerful addiction ... I started using it over 10 years ago and did things I am ashamed of , I did 8 1/2 years in prison over some dumb **** I did under the influence . Today I am on SSI and trying to get a job but it's been a struggle .... I ruined my life and still can't stop using . But it is good to hear other peoples' stories . Thanks
SWIM had the same problem feeling as though his brain had become somehow blocked and that he could not escape, until SWIM tried sh rooms and then felt as though that mental block had vanished. SWIM was 15 when this happened and SWIM tried dxm again and felt as though that mental block came back. But SWIM is getting sober now and has not used dxm in 4 months or so and talking about swims problems helped him get over the crazy thoughts it gives you afterwards
you know that is how i started out using here and there. I did this so i never had to admit there was a problem. I thought that I was "under control" of my addiction. Here i am now detoxing off the pills for about 1 month sober. I do not have any crazy side effect but right now i do feel like crap i am sick and i do not trust myself to take any cough meds. However what I can tell you is i used for going on 3 years. and it was the worst 3 years of my life, ive been to jail 3 times something that i promised i would never do i grew up in a home that was no broken i had morals but when those pills went into my mouth that all changed i became someone i didnt want to be but i always found myself chasing that high. Take it from someone who knows the road your on... get off of it now before you become me doing any form of drugs always leads you down 3 different roads, 1 jails, 2 institutions, and finally death. take your pick because while your still taking these pills you will be nothing and become even worse. i have been sober for 1 month and i plan to continue down a sober road but since ive been sober ive finally started to get my old life back, one before drugs i have my entire family back as well. trust me NO PILL is worth losing it all.
It's been 10years since when I did a lot of DXM. This drug came in pressed pink pills.
I think they where 250mg but I could be wrong. I always did as much as I could. Going up to the risk of death warnings on erowid.
I always known that it ****** me up but I have never really got to the point to read about other people. I googled for longterm effects of DMS and just arrived here.

I am almost 30 now.
Please find another drug to try and use! And don't go with all the new research chemicals or spice mixes that nobody knows too much about. 10 years ago I didn't know anything about DXM and it seemed ok as people using it at the moment didn't have any difficulties after. If you are going for drugs please consider to first try the classic illegal drugs. If you can't get your hands on any and research chemicals are easier go to TOR and Silkroad. They send it to your house. Why do I write this? Because if you want to do drugs you will do drugs. Then it's better to do the ones that you know how dangerous they are and what hapends after heavy usage. But always read about everything you try and don't buy a pill from whoever. There ate tests like Eztest and tests for cocaine and stuff. Use IT! It's worth it in the end.

Don't do anything newer than MDMA if you want to be at least a little bit safe.
And this one might be really hard to follow, I still can't but don't use more than what is seen as an average dose.
I have never been an real addict to anything(not when comparing myself to "addicts") but when I do something I do it all the way.

I haven't written any of the **** I am going trough but it's all mental and it came without me ever knowing it.

If somebody told me back then what could happen, I would still do it. But If I went back today I wouldn't because now I know how it has been.

It's so easy to be stupid today and it's so hard to not regret things later in life.
Try things 4 times/year and never over do the dosage. 4 times isn't much you may think but when you get older 1 year isn't much ether, at least when you don't remember any details and the moths just go by while you go to work and come home from work.
I keep reading all these comments and it makes me want to cry. I wish I had seen this page a year ago before I stared using. I did DXM for 7 months drinking about 2-3 bottles a month. At first I would feel the negative effects only a few days after and then they would go away. I would feel low-energy and quiet. It was as if I simply didn't care enough to hold a conversation with anyone. I would go to school and just try to get through the day. Towards the end of my binge I finally started to noticed how much it destroyed me. I was completely careless about anything. I was hardly living, just going through the day. I became very depressed and anti-social. The worst part was that I didn't truly notice the effects until I was off it, and at that point it was too late. One of the last times I did it, I combined it with formec(Designer MDMA). At first it was one of the greatest feelings I had, but in seconds it turned into a terrible trip. I remember thinking that if I had a gun I would have killed myself. After that, I had a constant, horrible feeling of anxiety. It was mainly worst around women too. It was like I was a scared little kid who didn't know how to talk to a girl. I waited months for this horrible emotional numbness and hazy mentality to go away, but it never did. For awhile I developed slight dyslexia and to this day struggle with reading and comprehension as well as a ton of other critical thinking skills. It's not like I'm retarded, it's just a constant reminder of the mistake I made and who I used to be. I've been reading all these comments and have noticed every effect that has been mentioned personally. I'm anxious, paranoid, awkward, quiet, depressed, emotionally unstable, I struggle to comprehend and remember things. My short-term memory is terrible, and I feel like i'm in a constant mental haze. Almost like the dissociated feeling I used to get on DXM but without the actual high. I feel like I'm constantly zoning out and have to struggle to stay alert and attentive.

When I first started using drugs I didn't believe a lot of what people said about them. I had myself convinced it was mainly just propaganda and fear. It was mainly because people said weed killed brain cells. Once I discovered that was disproven, I considered a lot of scientific research on drugs to be a badly and quickly done experiment to keep drugs illegal. I figured that I knew enough about drugs to know what drugs were dangerous and I would be smart enough to avoid them. It's like DXM snuck up on me. It was an over-the-counter drug, how harmful could it really be? Little did I know that it's probably the most mentally impairing drug out there. I know that some people are reading this with a bottle of robitussin in their hand, wondering if they should drink it. No matter how many comments and forums you read, you're still going to convince yourself that you'll only do it once, maybe twice. There's no way you would let yourself have a problem with DXM. But trust me when I say that we all thought that as well. Trust me when I say DXM is ******* cool! And as awesome as an experience it may be, that only makes it that much harder to not do again. Ask yourself, do you think heroin addicts tried smack for the first time, assuming they were going to be addicted and just said **** it? No, they convinced themselves that they'd only try it once, or twice. But drugs are like mind control, you'll think of any excuse to do it again.

When I found this forum I started just by reading a few posts. It wasn't until I continued to scroll for so long that I actually looked at how long this page was, and that's when I was truly amazed. How many people have made the same mistake as me, and spend every day wishing they could take it back. Imagine not even being able to put a mistake out of your mind for a second, because it is your mind that's the mistake. It's a truly inescapable regret. At first I came to this page just to see if people were suffering from the same effects as me, but after I saw all these people with the same regret, I had to tell my story as well. So please, head all these people's advice and simply don't do it. I'm not going to tell you what drugs are good and bad, but just don't do this one. I was reading a forum before this and someone said that they had done meth, heroin, LSD, shrooms, cocaine, MDMA and other drugs as well, but they admitted that DXM was the most mind impairing drug they had done. The saddest part about reading this forum is that nobody said it got better. Not one person. It's like a curse that you'll have for the rest of your life. A never ending dissociation from the world and from the person who you used to be. It's not as if you've changed, it's as if you've lost yourself, forgotten yourself. Please, I'm not asking you to think twice about doing DXM, I'm telling you to pour the bottle down the drain. Because if you don't, it may take months or years, but one day you'll find yourself reading a forum similar to this, wanting to cry as well.
Thanks for your comment and you to everyone who posted....I posted years ago it's crazy to think I stumbled upon this thread again just searching for answers...I have finally been clean from DXM and alcohol for almost 6 months now..the longest its been for me being completely sober in 10 years. I abused DXM consecutively everyday for atleast 4 years or more of my life, going on and off from "tripping" on it in about that span of 10 years. It has been extremely difficult, emotionally, dealing with all the years of abuse I am putting behind me. I try to remind myself of gratitude everyday for my life. I think I'm depressed, even though I try to stay positive and functioning. With out using anymore I hardly know "who I am" in some aspects, I don't seem to really know how to have fun anymore with out using. So I'm trying to keep my head up and believe things will get better, and I'll have fun out of life the way I can with out DXM and alcohol or other drugs..Social situations are also more difficult for me, so is my overall energy level. I appreciate hearing stories of people who have recovered, I want a life where I'm happy and not bogged down my words I can't describe. To anyone who's contemplating using this substance, just like many others posted, it's not worth it to any degree. I almost killed myself, it made me want to kill myself. Now I'm just trying to find myself.....any thoughts are appreciated
I have read this entire page and can agree with everything here. I am 24 years old and thought I "used" to abuse DXM. It started with 8 pills when I was 16 and I felt like everything was somehow enhanced and cool like on MDMA. I walked home from my friends house feeling numb. When I walked I felt like I was bobbing up and down in zero gravity. I call this the moon walk. The problem with these pills was that you grow impatient for your high because you're used to instant gratification like marijuana gives you. So you end up taking more and then they all hit you like a brick wall. My body felt like electricity were running through it and my whole brain felt the most incredible release of happiness I'd ever felt before. I was hooked and cooked. I would steal as many boxes as I could find and move on to the next pharmacy. There is a high you get in stealing as well. The act of buying a drink you chug the pills with just to make them think you're a paying customer when you have 4 boxes jammed down you shorts pockets or hoody is scheming. I would also talk to the employees and get friendly with them so they wouldn't follow me or be suspicious. These attributes I've learned are something I regret and not the person I am. The drugs made me con and lie and steal. And being on skittles already when you go and rob more makes you very friendly. After awhile they started putting them behind the counters in my local area and I swear it's because my friend and I would steal them daily. Now I realize I'm not the only one. I went from 8-16 at a time and might chase with another 16 after an hour or more. I took so many one day I felt like God. I laid out on my front porch in the sun and just giggled for hours. I hallucinated so bad one day that I twirled my hands at a cloud through my windshield and it actually spun and came down and touched my windshield like a funnel of a tornado. I looked at the tiles on the floor and the grout line became a zig-zag then went straight. It got so bad that my friends used to take me to the hospital because I was "too high." They used to call my parents and tell them and it made me angry. I am red flagged at the hospitals due to an overdose of over 100 triple c's. My friends dropped me off there and I was so angry. You won't believe what possessed me to do this. I am no dope. I research every drug I do extensively and I came across a guy who overdosed on six boxes and died. It was the most I'd heard of and I wanted to outdo him. What a fool I was. I was transferred from the hospital to a locked unit to detox. I was high for a week straight. The fluorescent light would swish around in circles and was blurry. My friends came to see me and I was crying I was so excited. I'd finally done it! I'd permatripped! I was permanently high. I didn't believe it possible and later found out it was not so after I'd come down. Eventually I got so sick of the taste of the triples and the amount I had to take and the vomiting etc. that I quit. It's been a couple years now and just last week I tried them again. I went out again after that. I worry this will kill me. I'm taking 8 then 20 minutes later 8 more followed by 8 40 minutes later chased by 8 so 2 boxes. In the past if I made a day of it I take 3-4 or more. I found out something more deadly then the dumb things I'd already done. One day I could only snag one box and proceeded to buy a 12 pack. I soon realized that the alcohol increased the pills potency and vice versa. I could literally hear my brain sizzle after I came down. These pills were free and gave me the best high out of all the drugs I've taken and I've taken many. How can you get sober from something that is everywhere and that you love so much? I'm lost. I'm doomed. I've though of asking a pharmacist if I can somehow order pure DXM like dexalone etc. I wanted to ask about permanent side effects but through my research I have found no medical proof of brain injury. This further fueled my using. I read comments about things I currently experience but someone said it goes away after months or years. These are things an addict does not want to hear because it lets them know this drug is okay. Drug use is all about rationalizing usage. I realize dxm puts holes in rats brains and most assuredly does so in humans but there is no proof. Little is known about the side effects and the medical world is ignorant to possibly the number one addiction out there. I lost friends over this because they didn't want to see me destroy myself. My fry buddy said her personality had changed. I believe it is quite possible. I know for a fact I have an above average IQ because I'd been tested years ago. So I felt like If I want to be mindless zombies like other people who somehow always have a smile on there face then I could abuse drugs. I had chronic depression and mental illness before I used any drugs. This drug helped me express myself and feel confident. I could smash things and never feel it. I could talk to total strangers and be content. I could be left in a dark and lonely cellar for awhile if you just gave me skittles. It made me content no matter what went on in my life. I've been through a lot and lost good friends and struggled socially. I never asked a girl out. I'd put deodorant on 15 times a day and wear a winter coat to school all year round.
I always thought people were judging me and thinking how chubby I was etc. I used drugs and ate munchies because it was the only thing that made me feel good. I lost my friends due to there own selfish behavior and how people change on a dime. My drugs became my friends. They were always there for me and always would be. They never let me down. I must add that these social and mental problems occurred before using any drugs so they became my outlet. I have no idea how I haven't died or crashed my car while on skittles. I used to pull over when the second box kicked in but now I find myself still driving. It is so dangerous because what you look at is pretty clear but it's in a small circle of your vision. Everything else is a complete blur. It's like looking through a paper towel roll. I used to go to Target and pop em in the bathroom and then go behind the store and just sit and walk around and have fun all by myself. I didn't need anyone. If I used with others I'd find myself not even talking I was so high. The amount of things and thoughts going through my head were immense and talking was a distraction from the plateau I was on. From what I've read I've been to the highest plateau several times. At one point I even thought the drug was a means of entering a third dimension or spirit world. It was just another reality I'd entered. This world was just as real as the one I'd been existing in. When I entered that detox I was working and going to school. I was a functioning addict if you could call it that. I'd go into work high and skip classes I didn't like to get stoned and pop skittles. My parents paid for my College which is something I regret the most. I ended up in detox again one day after I'd went to a pump and pay station and well.....I didn't pay. I had no money for gas and skipped school because I needed skittles badly. I pumped on the other side of the pump so the cashier couldn't see me and I had my hoody up. I thought of removing my license plate just in-case but decided I may get pulled over and was in a rush to get high. I blasted down the highway high already without having taken any. Only an addict could understand the excitement of either having the drugs on you or knowing you're about to get them. I got home to my parents house and since I didn't have red eyes I passed as sober. The awful thing is my parents were so used to seeing me on skittles they thought that was the normal me and I could get away with it within reason. They got a knock on the door and it was the guy from the gas station. He said when he saw my hoody up and noticed my car had reversed to specifically go on the other side of the pump he grew suspicious and got my plates before I'd even finished filling and peeled off thinking I'd escaped scott-free. He never even called the police and just asked for the money back. My parents said I was in school and the clothes I was wearing were not owned by me. The guy said he wore a blue hoody and wasn't really wrong but the one I was wearing was very dark blue with red and white stripes. They believed someone had stolen my car and then dropped it back off at the school. I hid my use for seven years and had them convinced it wasn't me. They then went through my car and found the sheets of skittles I was too high to throw away. I'm sure you know that you may toss some out but after a binge you may miss some. They had no idea what they were and looked them up. Eventually it was clear it was me and I was sent to detox again. After this I'd become homeless as I had to quit my job and suspend my second semester at college because I'd been in detox 2 weeks. My parents wouldn't let me live under there roof If I continued to use. I used my last paycheck to go from pharmacy to pharmacy taking pills and blasting music. This was actually worse for me because I was bored and homeless so I got high all day long. The worst part was when I was at the shelter they'd give us free bus vouchers to go get jobs etc. I rode the bus and got off at Target and popped boxes. I waited 45 minutes til they came back then hopped back on and got off at CVS etc. Another time I had watched Superbad for the first time on 2 boxes at my buddy's college on a big screen. When I left I was weaving inside my own lane and someone called it in. I was pulled over and failed a sobriety test miserably. DXM alters your balance significantly and I had to hold onto a fence to keep balanced. They took me to the hospital to take my blood and after a night at the station was released. They never found anything in my system of course and I made up a story of how I was drinking and someone must have slipped me something. This is how I beat my DWI. The cop told my parents that is the most high he'd ever seen anyone. When asked what town I was in I told him X when it was Y. I quit every single hard drug up until last week. I am a heavy pot smoker and have no regrets about that and feel it's less harmful then alcohol and helps me with mental illness. It's prescribed in other states to patients and I have a half dozen diagnosis that qualify me for medical marijuana treatment. It is expensive though and eventually I was broke and desperate. Past high memories weren't enough to keep me contained so I did triples again. These drugs ruin your short-term as does weed so I used to take videos of my highs. This was a big mistake because whenever I wanted to get high and the pharmacies were all out I'd watch them and laugh at how destroyed I was. I got some of my friends into them so quitting became hopeless and was never thought of at the time anyway. I need serious help. I was so high one day my vision went completely bright red and I srated calling my friends telling them goodbye. This stuff is free and fries my mind the most and I have no idea how I can not think about them. Even while sober I'd find myself peaking down the Cold isle just to see if they were there. I used to have rules about stealing. Be out within 3 minutes and just assume they're already onto you when you enter. Act like a customer and even ask employees where to find things and then never buy them. Talk to employees and every once in awhile buy something to not arouse suspicion. My golden rule was never go back to a place you'd recently stolen from. I broke that rule one night because I was already high and decided I'd need more for the night. Hannaford was the only one that still had them. The last time I was in there they were onto me and I used to work in retail so I knew which cameras were duds and what not. I would be sure I was never stealing them in front of any camera, customer, or employee. They followed me around and I booked it down one isle and snaked out the exit and ran like hell. I foolishly went back the next night and made it out into the parking lot before I heard someone yelling. At first I thought they were in distress, but soon realized they were from the loss prevention team. I could now hear him clearly saying stop and for some reason I listened to him even though my car door was already open. I went inside with him and they sat me down in the back room. I coughed up the skittle sheets and then thought of a plan. I began to sob and tell them I'm an addict and I'm so sorry and couldn't help myself. It was all just another scheme which in reality was true. They ended up not calling the cops and I was free to go. I could go on and on with stories but my point is I will die from this drug. I know the risks and how foolish it is but I can't shake it. If you stop you always go back. There are drinks I could not drink while sober because they reminded me of pounding skittles. There were munchy foods I couldn't even look at. There were many songs I heard while tripping that I couldn't hear without wanting to score one last time. Just one last time....just may be your last.
If I could go back I'd never have done weed which caused me to experiment with other drugs which lead to triples. I've lost friends, jobs, college, and dreams of a better life. I've lost countless future friends and gf's because all I do is get high and play video games and think about getting high when I'm not. Anything to distract my mind from thinking about my past regrets and what I've become is what I'm into. I cannot stop, even knowing there is a better life out there because I'm an addict. Every goal seems out of reach and unattainable but instant gratification and self-worth comes with getting high. I'm so insecure that even talking to a girl out makes me sweat and I shake. I am not like most other people and feel like I am different. Drugs make me feel secure and confident and I find friends who share my interests instead of judge me for them. And having druggy friends is also a good way never to be sober or get sober. Even when a friend OD's it's not enough and may scare you for a few months. I am depressed and anxious and pot and triples are my cure. I've tried anti-depressant and anti anxieties and they didn't work. I took all 60 of my adavan and was blacking out here and there. It wasn't the drug I'd want to die from as it wasn't my favorite but it was free. So I eventually gained self-control and just stopped. This drug is one of many demons I struggle with. The more I do it the worse I feel about what I'm doing to my friends and family but I can't let it go. I wished I never did drugs and made something of my life. I know I'm still young but hope is non-existent. If you want to lose who you are along with your friends, family, and possessions do drugs. If these things do not appeal to you then stay away. Whatever instant gratification you get is only followed by pain and remorse. These thoughts after you come down are actually what cause you to want to use again so you don't feel that way. It is a vicious cycle I have yet to break. I cannot say I didn't have good times with drugs but I know I could have had a better life and have a gf, degree, job, real friends, etc. My heart hurts and I have muscle spasms following use. I hear sizzling in the back of my head. My nerves are completely shot after being electrocuted by this drug for several hours or days. I pee orange and have wrecked my liver. I have ripped my stomach lining so bad I could only eat a half piece of bread and feel full. I feel lost and rightly so. My parents always told me drugs were bad but they never told me drugs make you feel good. I've learned the hard way that they were right. If you've read all of this you are a saint. Any addiction you have consumes every aspect of your life and drains you of your money and time. All you're left with is a feeling of what could have been had you never used. You're an embarrassment to your own potential and to your family and every thought makes you so sad you grab for the drugs. Stay strong and find help through support groups and family and TRUE friends. You're better then this and deep down you know it. Do it for all those who never made it and those who still struggle each day like so many here. Do it for your family and friends. Most of all do it for YOURSELF. You ARE worth saving. Give life a chance before you take chances with death. Thanks for reading.
Weed itself cant cause you to do anything, only your own experimental mentality. Nothing stops you from doing what you want but you. Its all about how strong your mind is, or how weak.
I am 16 and i used robitussin and tripple c's for the first time when i was 13, i took them together. Half a bottle and 4 pills. It was the best night ever, and the start to a terrible world. I bagan abusing it on a daily basis, only resting when stores were out of stock. I would do anything to get my hands on it. I thought i was just having a good time, not hurting anything. It was a pretty big deal where i lived. At first i would do it with my good friends then i started waking up with the irresitable cough medicine craving, and thats how i would start my day. After about 6 or 7 months i started taking up to 3 maybe 4 bottle or 2 boxes a day. After a week long binge of that my stomach began to swell making me look 6 months pregnant. Not only was i abusing tussin and trips, i was becoming a 14 year old alcoholic. I continued to think nothing was wrong because my grades were still great and all friendships in tact
I began feeling sick in the mornings like a knife was stabbing and scraching all around in there. Then my bestfriend, who had previously done it with me began to not enjoy hanging out with me because i was constantly  high. I had a few scares where i thougght i was going to die, one of them being the last time i did it. My heart started to feel like it was under pressure and going to beat right out of my chest, off 8 pills. I hadnt had an experience like that even on 20 pills. Now i suffer long term effect from just 2 yeara of abuse. I stutter or pronounce my words backwards for ex. I attempted to say electrical can opener and insteasd it came out electrical micanicker. Wow. I cant hold a conversation because i draw so any blanks. I also use to be pretty funny and outgoing, now i feel drained and unpleasant to be around. I cant remember the tiniest things, like what i diid two minutes or even seconds ago. I cant remember what im watching once it goes to comercial and find myself digging in my brain for such recent information. Sometimes i even see things in the corner of my eye, a sign of some brain damage. I once did it at school the day i had a math test, me having the highest grade and never getting less than a B on tests, i failed that test. I suggest not doing it and if u must, not more than once, its like meth only to your mind and not your body. I cant go a week without craving another taste, and ive been clean for a year. But i cant unless im willing to lose everthing ive gained.
Oh yeah and my stomach felt that way everyday for about 6 months after i quit using Cough medicine.
Hey how long since you quit? Your age and the maturity of your brain may have a lot to do with your side effects. I starte when i was 13 and did it for two years only being sober when stores were out of stock. My side effects were and are not nearly as bad as yours. How much would you do at once? And i dont beleive all of your symptoms will be permanent. Most of mine have at least partially vanished. Hopefully you have the same luck, your too young to deal with **** like that.
dude dont it suck i live everyday with that shitt im suprised i havnt had a heart attack wotkin out in the florida heat landscaping but it weird it does have much pressure when im workin i cant even smoke a joint without my chest hurtin only thing i can do to help is xanax or another benzodiazpine sometimes opiates but in high amounts it ****** my life up n the ****** thing is i dont ever see it goin away an its been prolly almost 3 years seince ive even touched the ****
I abused coricidin for 3 years (15-18) , my gallbladder was taken out, i was obssesed with conspiracy theories, i placed my hands on my grandma, I did lots of terrible things, broke so many hearts of loved ones
. I now attend a private Christian college, im in the honors list, and been clean all along, all this in the lapse of 5 months since I let Jesus into my life . I still  struggle with  depression sometimes . I am socially awkward, I feel a constant paranoia and I always feel like quitting but i dont let it take action. I am currently under a healthy lifestyle but I honestly give all the credit to Jesus. When I used to Tripp on those things (3 to 4 boxes) I swear I would feel the precense of the devil. Stay away from them , they make you a monster. But because of that trial i went through, I can now reach you guys and tell you that god is bigger than this. I beat the addiction and you can do that too! Contact me if you need someone to talk to! ***@****
I'm 23 years old I met dvm when I was about 13 my first time I did 16 pills I fell in love with it I started out doing 16 pills of triple cs maybe every 3 days when I was 14 I would go through 24 pills almost every day till I was bout 16 then I realized I could escape reality and the stress of life from 16 I would do maybe 30 to 48 cornice dans almost everyday I would not care about anything I was in n out of juvy .. Jail for minors for stealing, burgarys , until I turned 18 .. On one of my binges of maybe 35 pills 8 ounces of delsym and smoking weed I broke a car window stole some things and od'd at the scene I got 3 years in state prison which I did all 3 in prison I would get mucinex from the nurses and get high in there.. I came out nov 12 2012 with a mindset not to ever do it again ... I was working out a lot n stayin away from everyone I knew. Well I started drinking about 2 weeks after I was released n one drunk in night I decided to go to a pharmacy and get some delsym after that night I've been doing dxm worse then ever I'd do it everyday I'm talking 3 boxes of corniced in and a bottle of either robo or delsym with it everyday I'd b so gone I couldn't walk or talk this has been goin on for maybe 5 months or 6 I would do it till I'd breakdown cry n go crazy cause I hated doing it but couldn't stop craving it... Just recently I stopped cold turkey it's been only maybe a week n a half I think about it every hour .. It feels like there's some one in my head yelling go get it go eat some dxm everything will be better all the stress of life will go away if you take it but now I have the strength to say no to myself I'm currently about to be a father n have amazing support I mean right now there's no major side effects I'm not having chest pains I don't feel like I've lost any knowledge from treating my body like **** I'm in shape healthy ... But ik if I do it again it won't stop until I end up dead or in jail........just sharing my story dxm is evil if you abuse it...the only good thing that came out of it is I don't think ill ever ave a cold again. Ha..
I see lots of horror stories here about DXM use. I would like to point out that the FDA did exclude the substance from scheduling, and there have been numerous long term studies about its permanent effects. All of these studies have been found inconclusive. Hardcore use of this drug seems to do one main thing. It down-regulates serotonin production. With chronic use at, high levels it'll slowly destabilize your brain chemistry. This can be mitigated by an SSRI. If you feel damaged as a result of DXM use, this may help restabilize your emotions, and clear the fog. The brain has a way of healing itself over time. All is not lost. Until I see conclusive proof that Onley's lesions exist in humans, I must discount them. I'm not saying that DXM isn't a dangerous drug, but I feel as though it has been villified. Dissociatives work by blocking synaptic transmittion with in certain brain areas. This creates a feeling of being 'out of the body'. Synaptic communication returns to normal, provided that long term chronic use hasn't down regulated serotenergic receptors. I don't think it should be avaliable to anyone under the age of 18, and I would be very cautious about exceeding 400mgs. The expectorants in cough syrup can cause digestive problems, and circulatory problems.Taking any preparation that contains acetominophen, and exceeding 4000mgs of acetominophen creates a high risk of liver damage. DXM all by itself is fairly well tolerated by the body. Do not mix it with an SSRI, as you risk a hyper-tensive episode A.K.A. serotonin syndrome. This can be fatal. What an adult puts into their body is their own buisness. I don't condone DXMs abuse, I just wanted to share a few things I've learned. I welcome rebuttal if any of this information is inaccurate. Be safe, and for god sakes don't get behind the wheel after taking it.
Please don't ever do this for a recreational drug. I was 15 in junior and my friends introduced me to this drug who would of ever thought cough syrup and the liquid gels got you high? We got really into about 20 pills a day for a week and it felt more like months with being high all the time the doctor and the detention center told my friend that we were lucky to even be alive because one day we took 50 pills we honestly thought we were going to die. I had to tell one of my friends that wasn't into this to tell my parents and the principal so I could have a support system to get me away from all of this. I got suspended and my parents were awesome on getting me off of it and the school counselor had me come in 2 times a week during class. It's been 4 years since I've done this and I have memory problems. I stutter and talk extremely fast not knowing I'm doing it and I have terrible migraines and acid reflux.
Stay as far away from this drug as possible so not worth it!
I have been struggling with dxm for several years now. It started initially as an experiment. We would take an entire box of Corieceden Cold an Cough.....and yes i know that it also has the antihistamine in it and is the most dangerous way to use dxm. We had a great time at first. Now i have lost most of my friends, my job, my house, my car and i am on the streets because of the decisions i have made while on dex. When i go cold turkey my body feels like it weighs a million pounds and i sleep for a solid 24 to  36 hours at an thats a minimum.....I have made it to the point in which i am free and clear of the effects of withdrawal and i go for several weeks but then i think well "Just one more time wouldn't hurt". Thus begins the perpetual state of hell my life has become......So to anyone considering using DXM for recreational purposes. I would think twice. I had a career as a professional photographer and i had also started my own company doing armed security for low income housing complexes but all of that was lost because of my addiction to this wretched drug.
I just want you too know I agree with you. There is something weird about that drug. It opens up a part of your brain that we as humans shouldn't be playing with. You walk in a dream like state. And leaves you open for the demons and the devil to influence you, and leaves you open for the taking whether good or bad. Pray that you're stonge emotionally and reality grounded. Bc you will see and hear things that till this day leaves you questioning your very belief of reality. Its my relationship with god and his son Jesus that I never and haven't fallen out...but it is a battle that I will continue to fight untill I am free of the hold it has of me. I talk to god everyday and he is battling with me. If you must take it...be prepared for the battle of your life to not lose yourself. And hold on to the reality of your truth and what life is. If not he(devil) will take you and he will not let go without a fight. And trust me he does not like to lose or anyone to cross him. Ya'll may think we are pulling your leg but yes demons and the devil. There is deff something weird about that drug.
I absolutely agree! I have only taken it a few times but yes! I have always felt like something has been after me and this definetely brought me closer to God and the devil I think! Ever since the first time I took it it's like I actually invited a demon into my house!! All sounds crazy but if you are a spiritual person it doesn't take much to convince someone. I have a scientific analytic brain too and even I agree!
I'm 51 yrs old and have been doing dxm daily for the past 8 years. I've had two two week occasions when I didn't use but that's it. It has literally taken over my life. Been to two rehabs for it. Lost a marriage over it and am in treatment for it now. I know of no other cases where dxm has been used to the extent I have used it. I'm trying to tytrate down now but am having a hard time in doing so. I'm working w/ an addiction therapist on it......Been doing it so long, the only time I feel safe/normal is when I'm on it......
I have been using dxm for four years.  I am in my 12th treatment right now in a locked facility.  It has totally ruined my relationship with my ex-boyfriend and sister.  But I am determined to do it again when I get out of this locked facility.  I wish I could just let it go.
My story is very similar to yours, I would like to communicate with you as I am experiencing something....strange.  I am 28 years old, was using 99.9% DXM for many years as a teen then sobered up.  About a year ago I started using again.  My email is ***@****.
Hey, God bless you--your story touched my heart. I've struggled with addiction in my life as well, and I know that breaking a drug addiction is the hardest thing and addict will ever have to do. I highly recommend going to either AA or NA meetings--they have helped me tremendously. There are a lot of misgivings about these meetings, but basically at the end of the day they are just support groups overflowing with love and supportive people who understand the horrors and torture of addiction. They are also wide open to and supportive of all kinds of ideologies/beliefs/philosophies. I want you to know that recovery from a serious addiction IS ABSOLUTELY possible, I wish you the very best in life, and to end with a quote from one of my most favorite movies: "but what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart. I love you."
I just wanted to share my experience not sure why. Well it al started for me when I turned 20. I was working as a stocker at a local grocery store. One day a buddy of mine came to me and was telling me about coriceden, and how good of a trip it was. Of course this was a bad time in my life, so a month went by and I cought a cold. While looking for some medicine I found the ccc. I ask my wife at the time if it was alright, and her never doing drugs she said sure just once. Well 4 pills turnd to 8 then 12 then to 16. We both starten doing them 5 times a week sometimes more. In truth I had quit once before cold turkey.  After my dad passed I started again. It was nice until it began affecting me even when I was sober. I couldn't stop neither could my wife. It caused us to become paranoid,  and angry at the world. My mother didnt help things though. We were living together, and she baned my wife lets just call her J from the Internet. well you guessed it she was high, and forgot so she got caught.  We were kicked out, and even had the cops called on us for the internet of all things. We were homeless for about 2 months trying to keep our jobs when winter hit. It was so cold, and ccc was easy enouh to get. It even helped us stay some what warm at the time ill get back to that fact later. Well in my stoned stupid desperation I thought I would steel a set of pajamas for J, and while my heart was in the right place I ended up making things 1000 times worse. I went to prison for 4 days before I was bailed out by family. I have since payed my debt to society.  God I was so stupid then. Well after all that I ended up wih my mother again still doing al the c I could.  Oh she kept us in the garage with her rats and ants we weren't allowed in the house at all no matter the temperature so negative temperatures to high temperatures didnt matter. Step dad had to have his music room. After all that depression had firmly set in I was up to a box or two a day, and then the kicker happened. She made life so unbearable my wife went back home states away. I couldn't believe it partially ccc and my mother ruined my relationship. I tried to od after that taking 48 pills to no avail. Luckily it didn't work because a few days after that I learned the truth that J still loved me, and wanted to be with me. So I told my mother everything and just left out of the blue. We both battled with withdrawal doing ccc for a few months before we both said enough is enough. We were both suffering from insomnia, depression, feeling hot no matter how cold it was, and even nausea.  Don't end up like me if someone tells you ccc is this great thing politely say no thanks, and worn them in a nice way. Believe me there is no such thing as a only one time drug.
That is terrible! I only tried it because the first site I researched it on said it was NOT addictive! Stupid me, if you have an addictive personality then everything is addictive!!
Here's my little story on DXM: When i was finishing highschool i was reading a book about a man who went back in time to meet his former self. At the same time my gf who use to give me a lot of drugs came up with a new couch drug called "tussin f". It contained DXM and other elements. She said we should take 10 pills because she heard others did the same to get high from them. After an hour I started laughing, felt painless, light, like floating and not using a muscle. I could see the things that i imagined 3d and warp into places in my mind. It was incredible at the beginning. But tolerance was built up very quickly because in order to get higher I took more and more until could take 40-50 in the same day (not at once).  I could see myself through every person, reflect on any object observing me through my surroundings and vice versa. Also time went by very very slow, half of day felt like a week at least. You could also hear the engines from the cars passing by in slow motion, almost like mini helicopters chopping slowly though the air in a bullet time. (I don't know if you played pronce of persia sands of time, but that's kind of from there :))) I liked this stuff and i kept doing it for maybe around 1-2 years. Until one day I realised that it controlled me the moment i´ve taken it. I had maniac like thoughts of ruling earth an planing years into the future, it felt like observing the thoughts of a former chinese emperor of some sort of Master Betty (i know it sounds weird but thats how it felt like). friends started telling me that i have changed  and while i was high, one could see that clearly from miles away. i drastically stopped and i did not take it for about 7-8 years and i guess its better that way ^^...cheers for reading, don't know if i fully recovered, don't ask me i guess so :p , alright now good night
It's not worth it.

I started at 19 when I was at DeVry in Addison IL. A kid at work turned me onto it and I will never forget the first time I took a whole bottle of Robo Cough.

Aquafina!!

Luckily for me, I did my research and never wasted my time with Triple C's or anything 'dirty'. I quickly moved to 2 bottles at a time and was dosing 2 times a day, week after week. Soon, I couldn't stomach the syrup, so I started stealing the capsules.

60 capsules AKA 900mg was the most I've ever taken (always on an empty stomach). I would seizure every time.

I used for years and years, slowly tapering off to just a few times a year. I've come to terms with the fact that I WILL die young, and now at 27 years of age, feel that with the adderrall addiction I've had for the past 6 years, I won't make it to 40.

I of course have been an alcoholic as well since about 21 years of age.

TL;DR. I cannot think, my brain is foggy. I have blackouts, stomach rot, can't eat, bloody stools, severe chest pains, phlegm that won't go away.

I will say, I enjoyed the F**k out of this drug and have seen things that just blew me away, but, I digress...

Do not do this drug. Please, don't ruin your life. You have no idea what you are doing if you take this drug, or even go down this path. I've made a grave mistake, and must deal with it. Take care of your issues before they become habit; you will be grateful.

-Deloused in the Comatorium
Hi my names mike and I can see myself in your story, It all started for me as a weekend thing taking dxm mostly just 8 at a time, ofcourse always mixing it with weed. It wasn't long before my use quickly grew out of control. I would be taking up to 2 boxes sometimes 3 of CCC's, alternating between that and Delsym. I've finally decided after a year possible more of abuse it is time for me to quit. I've been to rehab for it and when I got out I relapsed on it within two weeks. I've noticed that after I've stopped taking it after a couple days night sweats will occur, I find i have memory impairment as well as find the words to say difficult,Shout outs to everyone battling with this devil of a drug, Peace and love to all
I'm in a country where the law here is really strict and to get over the counter medicine, they keep a pretty darn good record. I chanced upon DXM few months ago when I was stupid enough to finish a whole bottle of cough syrup because I was actually down with cough. My first trip was a mix. The high was so good until I reached the stage where I panicked for no reason, I thought the cops were coming to get me, I felt the out of the body feels and everything. It was sick cool and to make matters worst, I was tripping in the same room my parents were in and they didn't even know. They were asleep.

I wanted more, I tripped more and in total I abused 4 bottles max of DXM? It's not much.. trust me but I know it certainly changed things about me. Every high felt different, I only had good trips. The more i tripped, the more i researched on Dxm. The effects, ways to intensify the effect. Taking alcohol after ingesting DXM gets you ****** up real fast and you get real good.

It certainly changed things and i'm not saying it because of what i read on websites. My memory is rather bad now. I always been a slow person but only when i want to. get what i mean? get super dumb to ward people off but recently this dumbness just kicks in by itself. It feels like short term memory. Dxm pretty much ***** up your kidney too. Abusers have been saying they get to checkup years later to realise their kidney is failing but the doctors don't point to the cause of Dxm.

Abuse it if you want to. There are so many ways to get higher, to intensify. With alcohol, with weed but it's your own accord. You probably chanced upon what i wrote maybe because you abused it or you're about to. And if you do, get ready to be ****** real bad in your head.