Long term effects of Subutex
Hi everyone, 1st timer.
I have a few questions that would really help me cope with Subutex. I need a better understanding of it's long term effects.
Original cause was a shoulder injury in 1997. eg. Chronic pain and depression.
( prior to Subutex, as mentioned below, I was on 400mg of Morphine, then 100mg of Methadone + Panediene Forte.

1. I've been taking Subutex for about 8 - 9 years, starting off with 28mgs and ending up on 4mg for the last 5 years. I have played a bit with dropping the dose to 3mg or 2mg. Problem is I've noticed that I seem to want to sleep all the time. I am also taking 450mg of Efexor XR and 12mg of Endronax (a day) - for major depression.
I don't know if the sleep problem is due to taking the Subutex for a long time or is it a symptom of trying to lower my dose a few weeks ago?
I am currently on 3mg but feel the pain popping thru at different times.

2. Also, has anyone tried coming off the depression meds such as mine? If so was it hard?

In the last 7 months I've felt no energy to do anything. My kids are really feeling it and my wife has seperated from me about 5 yrs ago - still talking.(she does NOT understand anything I'm going thru, and says I should just get back to work!!  
As if I don't want to! My life is sooo boring.
Anyway, could some kind soul pls help me with my questions
Thank You
Wazza
Hi...I don't really know much about Subutex...but I was taking methadone for over 7yrs and all I wanted to do is sleep...no energy or motivation at all and it seemed the longer I was on it the worse it would be...I've never taken anti depressants...I've been methadone free for 41days now, and I can tell you life is soooooo much better...you don't realize what a fog all these opiates put you in until you are off them...good luck to you!...Teri  :)