Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Looking for "Right" Doctor in Lafayette, LA . . .

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

First of all, this is my first post.  I am new to this site, but do admire all of the wonderful people here and think it is a very good place to obtain lots of helpful information.  I do wish you all the best in overcoming your drug addictions, and pray very often for a lot of you.

I do not do drugs, but my b/f of 2 years is abusing and would like to fight his addiction.  I have done lots of research, etc. and he would like to try to the Suboxone route.  He is down to 1/2 of an Oxy (80 mg.) per day, but cannot seem to get past the withdrawals.  He has been abusing for quite some time and is snorting the drug.  He has been through rehab once before, but has relapsed and now addicted once again.  This time he has tried to wean himself off by replacing with Lortab (but states the Lortab is not enough to get him past his pain and/or W/D's).

I have a list of doctors from the Lafayette area who can prescribe Suboxone, but I really want to have the best advice as to which doctor would be best.  There are so many doctors out there who are not looking out for the best interest of the patient.  My b/f has just started a new job, so he does not have health insurance at this time, nor can he go cold turkey in order to be able to continue working.  I also have all of the vitamins on order which were listed on this forum to help with W/D's after he sees a doctor.

If anyone knows of a doctor in Lafayette, LA who would be a good choice, I would appreciate any suggestions, etc.  I love my b/f very much and he is a good person (just as so many people on this site), and I do hope all of you receive the help from God and each other during your difficult times.
Welcome to the forum...this is a great place for help and support. I do not hav eany experience w/ sub..but someone will be along who does...you can go to naabt.org to read up on it!! Good luck!
first welcome to the forum.  i dont know of a dr in laf.  being i am in baton rouge.  but there is a small town about 15 mins from here called clinton that has a great sub dr. my nephew used.  he is a gp  let me know if you are interested
i pm'd the info to you, so check your inbox
Hi Cathy,
My name is april, I have been in rehab for a couple months now. But through my employment I do not have insurance and my doctor visit along with my medicine per month is over 800$. It is just getting to the point where I can not afford it. If you could help me in finding a GP that can prescribe the medicine I would really appreciate any help I can get from this. I am running out of options, I can not find one online, all I see are these rehabs centers which I am already in but can no longer afford it. Could you please help me out if you can?? Please email me at ***@****  thank you so so much!!