Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Looking for a suboxone dr in cincinnati, ohio

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hi everyone, I have just recently moved to the Cincinnati, Ohio area and have been on Suboxone for a little while. I have insurance (Medicaid-CareSource).  My doctor from where I use to live took my insurance.  As you know, alot of doctors are on a cash bases only.  Is anyone from my area?  Can you recommend a doctor close to Claremont County that takes insurance?
Also, I was going to see about getting switched to Subutex because of the bad headaches I do get.  I know the Suboxone has the Naltraxone and that is a safeguard for me because I know it blockes out other opiates but I need to find out more about it.  Any suggestions?
Thanks for your time!
Jo Anna
Tags: ohio, Suboxone
JoAnna,
I can't help you find a doctor, but I can explain the Suboxone/Subutex question you asked. The naloxone in Suboxone is placed there only to discourage people from using it via the IV route. When you let a Suboxone tablet dissolve in your mouth, you're getting a dose of Bupe and a dose of naloxone. The Bupe is absorbed into your system but the naloxone is not. And, since it doesn't get into the blood stream very well through the stomach, it really has little to no effect unless you inject it. The opiate blocking effects actually come from the Bupe in the Suboxone, not the naloxone. The blocking effect comes into play at a dosage of 4mg or more. Less than 4mg's will not have a full blocking effect. I also think you're confusing two different drugs. Naltrexone is usually used in the aftercare of alcoholics and opiate addicts to block the high from the use of these drugs. It's half life is around 4 hours or so, which is why many opiate addicts take it as a extended relief form or an implant. Naloxone is the drug in Sub, and is used in emergency situations such as overdose. It's shorter acting with a half life of around an hour or so. Hope I didn't completely confuse you.
Try suboxone.com.
Avatar n tn
I live in Northern Ky which is right across the bridge from cincinnati as you probably know.  There is a doctor in Florence, Ky, named Dr. Shearer that has a sign up in his office that he can prescribe Suboxone.  I don't know about the insurance thing but you could call his office to see.  His number is 859-746-2880.
Hi Joanna

The Center for Chemical Addictions Treatment has docs who provide suboxone treatment.  It's actually on the West Side of downtown Cincinnati and I understand that you're in Clermont County and not Hamilton County.

Best of luck
Dr Quintan Moss on Rt.4 (Hamilton OH address I think) takes Care Source/Medicaid that'll cover the office visits & the perscriptions(of Suboxone).
Their is also a Dr in Oxford,OH that only cost 200 dollars for the first visit, and when your insurance hits, you are reimbersed 100 dollars. I'm not sure about the cost of the second visit,( which is one month later)but I think it's 100 dollars. I'm not sure if you're reimbersed for half of that or not.
Good luck, hope this is helpful to someone.
can you recall the dr that is $200 everyone ive heard from is talking $400: thats a bit too much and keeping me from getting to go i could manage $200 please try to remember please and thank you!
Avatar n tn
I would like to now the same thing so if you find any doctors on Clermont county please tell me . thank you. . I will do the same
hi im on subs too and I dont think u need to swap to subutex just lower your dosage of suboxone I was having horrible headaches too and it was because I was on too high of a dose. Most ppl can take a half in the morning then a half in the evening that's what I do and im on 8mg/2mg strips.