Lorcet Withdrawl
OK, Here we go. I have been taking Lorcet 10/650 for 14 months. I had a pulled back muscle and went to a PAIN Dr. He put me through therapy and gave me the Lorcets. He started with 150 a month and increased it to 300 a month. He told me to take the pills BEFORE the pain started to stop the pain??? So I did (stupid me). Now my back is better but I have to take 12-14 pills a day or I feel very sick (flu). I have dropped to 6-7 pills a day a few times just to function. I need to stop!!! I also need to work. I can't take a week to go to detox. I would lose my job. I understand that after the 48th hour of no narcs I will start feeling better. Is this true? Is there something I can take to combat the withdrawl symptoms? I have sweats, shakes, use the bathroom alot and am very tired. Please someone give me all the details of what to expect and how long it will last before I can function. I can deal with the craving just not the pain and sickness. Also will i have any long term health problems (kidney,Liver)? I have never experienced anything as bad as this.

THANKS!!!
Steve
I know exactly how you feel, I had a root canal that went bad, really bad, this was over a year ago, I had to take pain pills to try and deal with the pain.  Somedays the nerves in the gum area are fine, and then without warning, I have a flair up.  I have to take the pills weather in pain or not, without them I can hardly function.  I am an IT professional, and the medication does not impair my job functions at all, in fact, it enhances them.  I like the medication, and the way it makes me feel, I also like the function it performs, helping me to deal with the intense pain on a daily basis.  I have been seen by Dr.
i have read a few of these commentsand i am scared i have been on these meds for years ....7 years...now i am supposed to stop the pain it is  still there...what ...how???  how can i do this....i have to do it alone at home then what....what >>>>help<<<< or can I even ask for help i can't be locked up somewhere....i cant be in this kind of pain either....
this thread is 10 years old.  You'll get a much better response if you'll start a new one.