Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Lord help me get through tonight!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Lord help me get through tonight!!

Pills came....and my husband bombarded me with financial crap as soon as I walked through the door! Normally I would just pop a pill and it would make things better. Guess it's time to learn how to deal with things like big girl huh? I just wish my husband would be more supportive about what I've been going through. Boo hoo, poor me...:(
Hey you are allowed to have a potty party for yourself too.  Who cares. That is called feeling and then dealing with it. With a clear head. Not a pill. You are doing great. Really great. Screw the pills. The financial stuff will be there tomorrow. Go over a couplesnd put the rest aside. Most important first.

Awesome job girl!!!  
Pity party not potty party. Ha!!!!
Thank you Merri. My husband and I have some pretty bad communication issues. Makes things tough. I'm hanging in there! "Screw the pills! Screw the pills!" My new mantra!!! Hahaha!
You are doing so good sweetie!!! Think of all the benefits from quitting! You will become YOU again. It's a wonderful feeling trust me. Keep posting hun, we are here for you. I'm praying!
Thank you Shawnee! This site is the best thing I could've done to help me through this! It gives me a sense of accountability! Like I would be disappointing you amazing people if I caved in. Which is a really  good thing for me right now. I just feel like I got the wind knocked out of my sails! It makes me sad and angry. Because no one knows about my addiction except him, this is the place where I get to share my accomplishments and they're acknowledged and that is gold!! Thank you everyone!
I believe that we are allowed to feel that way sometimes. Depending on how long you have been married and if you handle the financial responsibility of the marriage. I know of couples who the man brings home the paycheck and the women takes care of the bills. If that is the case with your marriage, that can put you in a stressfull mood and becomes a strain on your relationship and if you have an addiction, that is giving you a false sense of reality. Just know that you can make it, Trust and believe in yourself.
Awwww its OK to feel sorry for yourself sometimes!!!  Just dont stay there and pick yourself up and keep going strong!!!  You dont need those darn pills especially now that you are feeling so much better!!!!  The financial stuff will still be there to take care of tomorrow!!!  Hopefully he will get on board with your new life!!!  Keep on posting!1 We are here for you!!!  XO Karen
I am too learning to live with things normally right now, and it is really hard, but I know that this is the right thing for me, and it is for you as well. Needing these terrible pills to function is no way to live a life.