Loritab Withdrawals
I am on day 2 of withdrawals from Loritab 7.5. Have been taking it on & off for about year. In between I took Tylox & Stadol. I am Bipolar II and take Neurotin 1800mg, Effexor 150mg, Ambien 10mg & Allegra 180mg. I can't take anyy stimulants, even Centrum Performance viatmins. I also have terrible migranes. I normally take Imitrex or Maxalt. I had a DHE injection yesterday for the headache. My skin started crawling immediately and had to take a Xanax to calm down.  Still a little agitated today.  What kind of withdrawal symtoms, other than headaches, can I expect?
I'm not familiar with the drugs other than the loritab. The best way to describe this is the flu. Aching, runs, cold sweats, sneezing fits etc. I went cold turkey after a 20 to 30 a day habit & only felt the worse parts of this for 3 or 4 days. You may want to check with your doc regarding this & the other drugs. I don't know if this could become a dangerous situation or not. I'm sure somebody here has had experience with these or knows about them. I'll be praying for your continued recovery & health.

FINISHED!!
FINISHED! Thanks for responding quickly!  I appreciate your help.  Nice not to feel alone.
CLARIFICATION,support group refers to my wife if there has been any misunderstanding, Thank you.
I hear Pedialyte is also a good remedy to replace lost fluids.  I am trying to quit in the next week or two. I am so sick of feeling like **** every morning and worrying about my next supply.  I have become a recluse and lost all my social contacts cause I rather stay home and take the pills. the first 3 days are the hardest, but all the advice that is offered here is extremely helpful.  Do not underestimate the power of hot baths.  They work wonders!  I have one more supply of norco coming on Tuesday.  Hopefully this will be my last.  I HATE this so much
I am just finnishing my detox from stadol.  Did you take it every day?  I did for 10 years!  
I also get severe migraines.  I hated DHE and it did not help me.  Does it help u?  
Detox from opiates can be done but with your concurrent diagnoses i suggest medical intervention.  You take a lot of prescriptions and may need monitoring.  CAn u talk honestly with your Dr?
Peace to you my friend!
Suzie
Has anyone heard from Chitowngrl? I know that she was going through detox and wanted to know how she was doing? Just worried.
I know how scared she was.... Please if anyone knows anything please post! :)   Erika
You might be one of the fortunate ones that dont have an addictive mind. I was told this when I was in treatment back in 98.. Some people can take it and never get addicted. While others cannot. I myself cannot stop if I have it I take it.. Even stress where Ill get more even if I have 100 in my pocket!!!! Thats the mind of an addict.. You sound like your mind is not like that. Hope Ive made sense to you...                        J.E.W.
I just sent Chi town an e-mail asking how she is!
Suzie
Oh Kitty...you're FAR from alone in this forum. Again, if all that you're detoxing from is the loritab, I can offer up all the knowledge I've gained. Is that all or are you also detoxing from the others? If it's just the loritabs, it's really no more than uncomfortable...miserabley uncomfortable. Take hot baths as often as you can. They provide a great relief from the cold sweats & body aches. They also served as an escape for me. The majority of the symptoms subsided after a few minutes in the hottest baths I could stand. It helps you to sweat as well...which you'll do anyways but it's a lot more comfortable in a bath. Be sure to drink TONS of water & Gatoraid. It's best to drink both as the Gatoraid replaces the lost elctrolytes & the water helps to clense the toxins you'll be releasing. If you need any help what so ever...please post. Keep us updated as well. I'll be praying for you Kitty.

FINISHED!!
I am so very sorry you dont have the support of your wife. I kind of dont either. My husband just thinks I can be off narcotics the rest of my life and be a tuff girl.Well not the case. With arthritis pain in my life it's not possible. Im just trying to learn to take it when I REALLY need it and not cover up the fact I dont accept this disease and havnt for 20 years. Im 31 and its time to move on I know but its hard. I have it pretty serverly. Ive had two wrist fusions my hip worked on and two finger replacements. And all I want to do when I get pain med is to take it all day so I can feel normal and not hurt. Sorry for rambaling it just upsets me that your better half cant support you. We are here for you. I will be.
I will pray for you. (im not really that religous but I will)
You count. And Your worth it, dont ever forget that.
Erika
I REALLY NEED SOME HELP AND ADVICE FROM ANYONE THAT MAY BE FURTHER ALONG IN RECOVERY THAN I AM--THIS IS THE LONGEST I HAVE BEEN CLEAN IN OVER 2 YEARS--  31 DAYS -AFTER A 12-16 PER DAY HYDRO HABIT--I CAN BEST DESCRIBE MY EMOTIONAL STATE AS BEING FLAT-NOT DEPRESSED OR HAPPY JUST BLAH--REX--DID YOU EXPERIENCE THIS? DON'T GET ME WRONG I AM THRILLED TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HYDRO-HELL AND INTELLECTUALLY I KNOW THIS FEELING WILL PASS BUT ANY ADVICE IN THE MEANTIME--

P.S. TO ALL OF YOU GETTING READY TO DETOX OR IN THE MIDST OF DETOX--YOU CAN DO IT!!I AM LIVING PROOF--THIS FORUM IS A GODSEND IT GOT ME THROUGH!!  LOVE AND PRAYERS
I took Stadol almost daily for about a year. When I couldn't get anymore, I started taking Loritab & it got to be an everyday habit. It wasn't how much I took, I had to have it to get through the day.  The DHE was awful for my emotions but got rid of the headache. It made me feel really out of control.  I was literally trying to pull my hair out. I don't know which drug belong to which families, so I feel stupid.  All I know is that Oxycodon, Hyrodcondone, Stadol & Ultrab made me feel better; like everything was going to be okay. I am so afraid of getting another migraine & it getting so painful I have to take DHE or go to the hospital. I am also having severe back pain & it is so hard to not be able to take anything. Are you ever afraid to have the medicine & afraid not to have it at the same time?
pon
Everyone is different, but I think you will find that the flat feeling will pass with time.  I am 126 days of hydro and I feel great.  I found that the first big step was around 30 days, by then I had lost the anxiety, the depression and the cravings had cut back a lot...I didn't really realize it as much at the time, but I did feel kind of flat then.  I have found that as time has gone on I have begun to regain more and more energy, and feeling.  By 90 days I felt pretty good, and almost back to what I feel is normal for me.  I now pretty much have 2 out of 3 normall days and on the other day the flat feeling is much less pronounced.  All I know for sure is that every day that passes it gets better....

You have passed a big hurdle by reaching 30 days...those were BY FAR the hardest part for me, after that things began getting better much faster...

Stick with it, you have come so far, gained so much...you will feel better....remember, you used a lot longer than 30 days, at least it won't take as long to feel better :)

pon
I really need some input from you guys here. I have read some pretty scary stuff about Ultram. I take have taking ultram on and off for i guess..... 4- 6 years, I dont even know. But my experience has been quite different than what i have read. Maybe you guys can evaluate my situation.... First,  know that I will admitt I have an addictive personallity... however i'm curious if my addiction reflects that.  I dont need the pills but i taken them purely for recreation.... i take 3-4 pills every other day. Yes I skip days, like a ritual. At some point the pills always run out.... so I have no choice but to stop cold turkey... I may go weeks sometimes months before i get more.  And while some of you have described withdrawl symptoms that I have also experienced (sleeping issues, crawling ants, irritation, mild headaches) i never saw those things as "actual w/d symptoms" but rather just inconviences that  last no more than 1 night. Nothing a swig of NyQuil cant handle. So along I go.... no big deal. I say i can stop whenever I want because...well.... i have. But I DONT want too since they havent had an negative effect on my life. Infact they make everything so much better . (I'm supposed to be taking my Zoloft, but I dont take'em - no euphoric effect. )

Overall, your advice will be to STOP since i can. But based on my experience... i have found no need other than the stories you guys post. I read somewhere that someone has taken 30-40 pills!!! Are kidding me? I have no desire, and never had,  to up my dosage. 3-4 pills (150mg) every OTHER day suits me just fine. (hmmm... maybe that one bowl of weed helps out at the end of the night). Now, i can order my Ultrams online (international pharmacies ROCK!!!) I never run out now... but still my "ritual stays the same". So am I in danger here???? remember, its been like this for years... i have gone 3-6-8 months without.... so what are the dangers of me continuing my abuse. - THX guys

hi essentia, you are taking on average about 2 ultram
a day, this is not much, a matter of fact barely nothing.
i can relate too you. tho at one time i did abuse them
itook like 10 a day for about 6 months.
then i detoxed off them, which was no fun.
only to start taking vikes ,after taking the vikes the ultram
had no appeal to me what so ever.
tho i took them agian they never had the same appeal
as the vikesm so i never abused them agian.
and when i took them i only took like 3 a day once in a while,
for pain, i could take them or leave them.
i am 42 and not a kid any more, when i was a kid in my teens and twenties i could see myself abuseing  them or just about anything.
i really think being mature plays a part in how we use pain meds.
also how strong they are and if they effect our mind and mood.in this part of my life ultram is not a problem i need to watch out for.
if i was in really bad pain i might take a few.
i am also the same with acohol . this also has no appeal to me at
all, the thought of taking a drink makes me sick.
i did not used to be like that .
it just came over time.

peace  hippy
You're in the post opiate withdrawal malaise. Here's what you do: pick up a bottle of 500mg L-Tyrosine caps and some B6 caps. L-Tyrosine is an amino acid, not a drug, and will help your brain replenish the neurotransmitters that have been depleted by opiate use. Take one dose per day, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach along with a B6. Try 1500mg and see how you feel. You can take up to 4000mgs but many find it works best at a more moderate dose. It will give you back your mental and physical energy. Do some aerobic exercise, too. Anything that gets your heart and breathing rate up like fast walking, jogging, bicycling, stairmaster, etc. I'd also suggest taking a mega-mineral supplement with lots of magnesium, zinc and phosphorous. You get the L-Tyrosine at your local nutritional supplement store. It's about 12 bucks for a big bottle. A cheap but effective cure. Good luck. You've already done the hard part.

Thomas
You sound like me when I was 19. 15 years later, I was arrested at gunpoint for Rx fraud and taken to jail, where I kicked cold turkey off of a 75 Vicodin per day habit. Not much sympathy for junkies in the slammer. Your ritual is not as significant as why you're using the Ultram, or the Nyquil or the grass: like me, you love to get high. Over time, that love will push everything and everyone that matters out of your life, so "the two of you" can be alone. Do yourself a favor, stick with the stuff you can lay down when necessary, like pot. Opiates and drugs that act like opiates, such as Ultram, drive a psyiological process in your brain that eventually leads to tolerance and addiction. No one is exempt from this. Everyone starts out using like you do. I sense that you want approval or reassurance so you can continue to do what you're doing. But the fact that you posted your story and question at all tells me that you know that you're walking a knife's edge. Don't take 'nothin at all to fall all the way. Good luck.

Thomas
Dear Belle ..... I started reading down the board and hit Lady's post of despair,  and then read your reply to her .... it brought tears to my eyes ... I am blessed to be here with great people like you .... G

Thomas .... thank God you're back! You don't need a job .... you have one right here on this board. So glad to see you ... Goldie

Youve discovered what many of us here have.. opiates are the ultimate anti depressant... in the short run. I suffer from Major Depression and loved that instant "can do!" attitude that opiates give. Unfortunately, its short term and ultimately will make your depression worse.

You should really give the Zoloft (that is an anti depressant, right?) a chance. Unfortunately, it takes a couple weeks for most antidepressants to kick in.

As Hippee said, youre right on a razors edge. Stick with the weed. Quit the opiates while youre ahead.

God Bless
DM

It definately seems your wife and yourself should see a counciler before you make any rash decisions.

You really are in a tough situation.. Im sorry I cant offer any real advice, never have been in your situation.

God Bless
DM
for the past 3 years i have been dealing with panic attacts ,i know how scary they can be it feels like your heart is going to burst , if you can get some cloinde that works just be carful on dosage to many and your going to the e/r i know from exp. what helps me is to do controled breathing and just ride it out they will get shorter with time you need to tell yourself your not having a heart attack , walking and taking deep breaths help , its just your mind playing a shitty trick hope you are well.
I am very concerned about your ability medicaly to do detox at home.  What do u think hippee or Thomas?  Your bp got way too high and your aesthma, etc.   Detox can be very dangerous even deadly wiht concurrent medical problems.  Esp hbp!  Can u get help from a DR?  Can u go to inpatinet detox?  Or outpt where u can be medically monitored?  We will help you to find the answers!  If you want to stop this madness we wil help you very step of the way!
Peace!
Suzie
....sorry, forgot to re-iterate a previous post, regarding CLONIDINE.  I strongly believe it would be a tremendous help, as it lowers your blood pressure(thats what this medicine was developed for), AND IN DOING SO, keeps the anxiety at bay!!!
Good Morning! (well here on the west coast).....  I wanted to share this with all of you: Im going through a really rough time and heard this and wanted you all to hear it:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
You all mean alot to me and I just wanted to share this with you all.
Love Erika
Speaking of panic attacks how does one know when you are having a panic attack or the real thing? Two years ago I woke up and could not breath and though I was having a panic attack. When it did not go away I called 911 and was hospitalized for 17 days with pneumonia. So now everytime I get an attack how will I know it's just a panic attack and will go away in time or is it something more serious. I don't want to call 911 everytime I have a simple panic attack.
Tom
Thank you so much Erika, you are so very sweet!There is a great difference in taking pain medicatin for pain and abusing pain medicaton to the point that it ruins a marriage or the inner soul of the person abusing it. If you need the medication(and take it in moderation as prescribed by a phy.) your husband should support you 100%. This is not my situation in my wifes case. Her denial of abuse may deprive our son of a live in father and a healthier and productive mother. I hope the very best for you and your pain situation, thanx for your kind and thoughtful posts!!!
GOOD LUCK BUDDY! IM THINKING ABOUT YOU. Im okay. Im in alot of pain tody but Im trying to keep my spirits up. You all help me so much. Thank you for that post. That meant ALOT to me.
Love, Erika
READ THE POST UNDER VICODEN WITHDRAWL FROM A USER CALLED( ALIENINDAHIZOUSE) HES TRYING TO SELL VICODEN TO US. GET HIM OUT OF HERE.
I saw that this morning.Did you read my post to theDEVIL??????    J.E.W.
Yours was great too!! I guess the devil himself is trying to get to us all.. WE ARE STRONGER than that!!!!!!!!!                          J.E.W.
Hey Thomas,
I've never corrisponded with you directly but I wanted to thank you. Your knowledge, experience & caring helps a LOT of people here. Before I actually started posting a few months back, I read a lot of your post & they were very inspiring. Thanks for checking in on us once in a while & keep up the good work.

FINISHED!!
I have w/d from o/c (crushing heating then injecting)200mg at a time.I WAS ALSO DOING COCAINE, AND YES IT WAS BRUTAL.I was given narcon and sent to a 2 bit detox that treated me for coke and  let me out in three days..The 4th day at home I vomited reletlessly,weny to hosp, 2liters for dehy. and dilaudid and back home.Day 6 repeat of day 4........Im on day 3 of detox from oxys (again) at work useing clonodine w/1mg Zanax, I have slightly high b/p anyway,have anxiety but bearable. Not doing the L-ty. yet.Your thought or opinion would be greatly appreciated
You are so nice. What you said to me put a HUGE smile on my face. And today I really need that. Im so sorry to hear what your going through with your wife. You need support right now and she needs to admit her problem. (Sorry I should really keep my mouth shut) but I care about you and to see you hurt (well hear you hurt) makes me sad for you. Your a great person from what I can tell and at least you have your head on straight. I pray for you. :)
Take care and thanks for making my day!
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH FINISHED!!(YOUR HELP HERE IS A BLESSING) YOU SHOULD BE OUR LEADER! I VOTE YOU IN~!!!!! THANK YOU FROM ME TOO! AS I HAVE READ YOUR POSTS AND YOU ARE INSPIRING. FINISHED COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER!!! :)  
SINCERELY,
ERIKA
AT LEAST I WAS EATING THE OXYS THIS TIME!
So glad you guys are here, especially you St. Nick & finished.  Was afraid to post today because I didn't think anyone else was having axiety & panic attacks with withdrawals.  Just glad to know it is not just me because it is hard to live like this right now & I am wondering if it is worth the withdrawals.
Panic attacks are common. Everything you are experiencing is VERY common during withdrawl. We ALL detox differntly yet the same. YOU are going to make it. This I just KNOW!!! You hang in there kitty...my thoughts are with you.

FINISHED!!
How are you doing today Erika? You seem a little better. I hope all is well. Please let me know. I'm going in for surgery in a few minutes & it'd be great to know you're doing good.

FINISHED!!
Hey all,

Today is day one of C/T detox. I want to DIE! I feel awful. My head is spinning, i'm naseous, I have stomach cramps...and it's only the first day. The cravings are pretty bad but that part of the w/d comes and goes(thank god)! 4 more days to go....I will keep all of you updated. Wish me luck,

-Anthony
I just got home from the Mall with my 9 y o.  I am so proud and excited for you!  Go man go!
Hope we can chat later my friend but u may be feeling too bad!
This too will pass!  Keep us up to date ok!
Kiss and hug!
Suzie
Move around as much as possible to get that stuff out of your system.. it makes it work faster if you move!  I know u just want to lie down and die but get off your butt for Anthony!  I went up and down my stairs and it helps the rls too!
Anthony - I know you're feeling like s*** - I hope you can hang in there; you're so much stronger than I - I am scared to death to go cold turkey.  Have you checked out Thomas' recipe? Are you taking anything to help, such as valium (to help with the anxiety?).  Drink lots of stuff, gatorade, water, juice. Eat lots of bananas for potassium (Suzie says they work better before they get too ripe, so I've learned something new today!) Keep posting every day - everyone here is pulling for ya! Love, Lisabet
Ripe bananas give people who get headaches a headache.  It s a triggor.
LUv ya!
Suzie
Actually, that's good news to me! I like under-ripe bananas anyway!!!!...smile.  How are you doing today, Ms. Suzie?  Hope the nausea is getting better.  Have a good weekend.  Love, Lisabet
Nausea much better today.  Some this a m.  Off and on now.. Thx hon!
suz
Praying for both of you....

Thanks for help today - feeling a little better. Have some Trazadone so I will get some sleep tonight...

Rex
Thanks for all of your kind words...it means more to me than you know. I kept active tonight, feeling ok. Now i'm going to take some valium and tylenol PM so I can sleep. Till tommorrow,

-Anthony
Hi Anthony,
     I just pulled up the board and haven't been able to get on in a few days so I'm about to catch up with everyone. By your post I see you've started, that's awesome! I've been praying for you! Your gonna be just fine. I just know it!
Hope tommorrow brings relief to you. sleep well.

Rex
Take care, my friend. Hope you have a restful nite. You've hab a tough day, tomorrow will be tough, but likely better. Just stay with it & tell your boyfriend how much his support means to you. Our significant others need to know that we are grateful, though suffering.

All the best for you both this weekend.
HI IM SO HAPPY I FOUND YOU GUYS , I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM I THINK, I CURRENTLY AM ADDICTED TO OXYCOTINS, 2 80 MGS TABS A DAY,I TRYED TO STOP A FEW WEEKS AGO AND ENDED UP IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM, I HAD A VERRY BAD PANIC ATTACK, NEVER HAD THEM BEFORE, UNTIL I GOT HOOKED ON OXYCOTINS AND TRYED TO WITHDRAW FROM THEM,IVE BEEN DOING THEM FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS, NOW IM HAVING TROUBLE STOPPING, EVERY TIME I STOP AND START TO GO INTO WITHDRAWALS, I START TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK, HOW DO I GET OF THESE DRUGS WHEN I HAVE PANIC ATTACKS WHEN I TRY TO QUIT , PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME AND LET ME KNOW , I ALSO HAVE ASTHMA AND SLEEP APNEA,IVE BEEN TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM 3 TIMES ALREADY, EVERY TIME BECAUSE OF PANIC ATTACKS FROM WITHDRAWALS,LAST TIME I WENT, MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS 230 OVER 150 AND I STARTED TO HYPER VENTILATE AND SHAKE AND MY HEART BEAT WAS RACING, AND OF TO THE HOSPITAL I WENT BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE, PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME,I DONT HAVE THE ATTACKS WHEN I AM ON ANY KIND OF OPIATES, BUT BEFORE THE ATTACKS , I  KNOW IVE HAD ANXIETY BUT NEVER PANIC ATTACKS , DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE MY NERVES AND OTHER THINGS IN LIFE RITE NOW STRESSING ME OUT, PLEASE HELP ME AND LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE EVER EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE,I HAVE BAD EATING HABITS FOR YEARS, I ALSO THINK THAT IT IS HARDER TO QUIT BECAUSE THE PANIC ATTACKS COME TO ME QUICKER BECAUSE OF MY BREATHING PROBLEMS ALSO, PLEASE SOME ONE HELP, THANKS NICK........
I TOO HAD AN OXY ADDICTION AND AM ON DAY THREE CLEAN.YES I HAD THE PANIC AND B/P PROBLEMS AND FOUND THAT IF A USED A DRUG CALLED CLONODINE (a blood pressure med. and also helps with withdrawl symptoms) ALONG WITH ONE OF THE BENZOS IN THE (THOMAS RECIPIE) IT HELPED CONSIDERABALY.QUESTION..ARE YOU TAPERING DOWN OR TRYING TO QUIT COLD TURKEY? TAPERING DOWN YOUR MGS A LITTE EACH DAY MAKES THOSE FIRST 5 OR 6 DAYS WITHOUT MUCH EASIER.IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE RECIPIE I THOUGHT I SAW PART OF IT A FEW THREADS UP BUT IT WAS THE LAST HALF ...TOM COULD YOU POST THE WHOLE RECIPE FOR US PLEASE,THANKS
I GUESS MY POST DIDNT COME ACROSS VERY WELL. MY POINT WAS,I'M TRYING TO GET CLEAN AND LIVING WITH A WIFE WHO IS IN DENIAL ABOUT BEING AN ADDICT.O.K. LETS PUT IT THIS WAY,YOUR TRYING TO GET CLEAN AND YOU COME HOME FROM WORK EVERYDAY AND THE PERSON YOU LOVE VERY MUCH IS CRASHED ON THE COUCH AND THERES STANDAL AND ULTRAM IN THE CUPBOARD AND ON THE TABLE AND IN THE BATHROOM AND......NOW DO YOU SEE WHY IM TORTURING MYSELF BY DETOXING WITH OXYCONTIN IN MY POCKET? AS FAR AS MY SON, SHOULD HE GROW UP WATCHIN MOMMA POPPIN PILLS WITH NO DAD CAUSE SHE WONT SEEK HELP? I WASNT SEEKING MARRIGE COUCELLING BUT MAYBEY THOUGHTS ON HOW TO GET HER TO ADMIT SHE HAS A PROBLEM BEFORE IT TURNED TO DIVORCE.THANK YOU FOR YOUR CARING REPLY.....
I am sorry i did not mean to get on my soap box.  AS you may have figured out, i am getting divorced this year so it is a painful and meaningful subject that easily sets me off!   Does your wife admit she has problem?  Of course it has to be her who wants help.  No one can force sobriety on anyone.  Maybe you need to make some tough decisions, kinda tough love, to get you and your child out of that situation and may be that will be her wake up call.  Do u have family near by you coudl stay with?   Some need to hit rock bottom to realise they need help!  I wish i could help you all and your littel family!
You will be in  my prayers!
Suzie
Hi Kitty3, I am a friend of someone who was badly addicted to Lortab, and I can share with you what I saw them go through. First of all, he had the restless leg syndrome really bad for about the first 5-7 days ( it pretty much ceases after that). He said the best thing for that is baths as hot as you can stand them. He said it feels like you keep having to stretch your legs and that they are going to jump right out of your skin. You will probably get diarrhea and some uncomfortable cramping, but mainly it will feel like the flu. Nighttime will probably be the worst , because you probably won't be able to sleep and it is a horrible feeling to be up all night when everyone is sleeping. The best thing to do, and it may sound stupid, but it comes highly recommended, is to plug in a small tv and vcr in your bathroom (you dont need cable) and lay in the bath and watch tv. prop it up in a chair or something. Rent some movies to take your mind off it. Your habit is not nearly as severe as my friends, and the majority of his symptoms were gone in 2 weeks, so if I were a betting girl, I would bet that you will be through the physical stuff within a week. The worst part I guess is the restless leg and not being able to sleep. HOT BATHS HOT BATHS HOT BATHS. You will probably feel really tired and completely drained of energy for the first few days, yet you may not be able to sleep. I can't stress it enough...HOT BATHS and LOTS OF MOVIES TO TAKE YOUR MIND OFF IT. Write back if you have any questions.
Just my opinion, but I think anyone with medical complications should not undertake self-detox, especially from Oxy, without consulting the doc. I've heard of some people using clonidine on their own, while others need to have their bp monitored in-house. The Valium in the recipe is probably the type of drug you'd be prescribed to handle anxiety short term. However, the L-Tyrosine in the recipe could make an anxiety condition worse. It's not uncommon to panic when experiencing opiate withdrawal the first few times. You don't know what's happening or how bad it will get or how long it will last. After the 50th time or so, it's merely annoying. Probably a good idea to seek a medically supervised detox given that it's Oxy. My drug has always been hydro, although I've snorted my way through a few Oxy scripts. But I've never withdrawn from Oxy. I hear it's brutal. Be cautious about whatever you decide to do.

Thomas
Hey Nick Welcome.
My comments only relate to your opiate consumption....ie.) if you have history of hypertension, or any other medical condition; you should consult a doctor first.

Do you swallow the two 80mg Oxycontin tabs.????
As you are consuming 160mgs of oxycodone/ day, or the equivalent of 32 percocets(5mgs), and given the fact you have hit the high anxiety-wall with previous attempts at quitting; the first thing I would suggest is switching to a fast acting med (LIKE PERCOCET or VIKES)....if they are accessible to you.  These will facilitate a tapering schedule that will let you down much easier.  I would also pick up the ingredients of the Thomas Recipe.

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper and Magnesium.

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

With breakfast, take the mineral supplement.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Nick, you are describing something, that many of us have been through, so please take some comfort knowing we can guide you thru this.....DEEP BREATHS....

Percs No More
Congratulations on sticking to your plan. Sorry that you are suffering - we can all relate. If you can, get a prescription for MOTOFEN - it will help tremendously for the stomach cramps. I know that it's the weekend and you may not be able to find a doctor to Rx it for you; so, you could try an over-the-counter product for stomach cramps, as they can be severe. The cramps are another thing that will be relieved by the hot baths. Also, whenever I've been through the W/D period, I've used Ibuprofen and Tylenol to ease the aching pain (your body has been used to a significant amount of tylenol staying in your system since it's the second component of the hydrocodone drugs). This way you are withdrawing from the bad/addictive **** and then can ease off the tylenol & ibuprofen after the few days of withdrawal hell. Keep it up, my friend, this worse time is brief, but awful... but the world awaits you on the otherside! We are with you. If you can manage, start a "detox journal" - write down 3-4 times daily exactly how you really feel, both emotionally & physically. You will need to refer to this in the future as your disease will eventually tell you that "taking one pill won't hurt anything" - at those times, go and get the journal and read each word, because if you start pilling again, you WILL have to eventually go through exactly what you are going through right now. I've been there, and wish for you to NEVER have to do this again.

Thinking of you & praying for you
Unpilled
Good LUCK - YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Some advice: Go with it - the feelings of w/d - sounds silly I know - but the sooner you accept/resign yourself to "hanging out" the "easier" it becomes - (atleast this is how it has been for me - & others I have spoken to).

It is hard to be in pain & fighting it, fighting the feelings that you know exactly how to fix - but that is such a BIG part of beating it - beating the real pain - by not giving in to it & going with it (embrace your pain).

Anthony - I've read your posts - I commend your ability to face your demons & say "NO MORE!"

I am sending you ALL my support & care. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Warmth, Liquid.
Tell yourself you will be tougher than nails the next four days OK. This is a good time to do it with the holiday.

Want some distraction help. Go rent Band of Bothers DVD set at Blockbuster or Hollywood and go through that over the next four days.

You think your are in pain. This will help kepp you distracted, plus its done by Hanks and Speilberg ala Saving Private Ryan. Highly receommended - 5o r 6 dvds in all, if I am correct.

Don't forget THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN THE UNIVERSE! God will help.

We'll be praying for you.

Rex
Soo happy to see yur here Rex!
Hugs you big squeeze around yur neck!
Suzie
Dear Rex, I wrote a few things to you .... but maybe you didn't see my post. I hope you are feeling better. Pay attention to the quality of sleep you are getting. Very important! Without fourth stage sleep, we will have pain and depression. There are a few things that help ... trazadone, ambien, tylenol, kava kava .... of course excersize is the best, but we won't go there (ha ha)
I am into my taper from ultram, but it is going to be a very long, drawn out affair .... an affair to remember, Goldie
A big thank you for the L-Tyrosine and B6 combo. It is a life saver. I am on day45 of a 18 to 20 per Lortab 10/500 and Soma 350mg 12 per day habit. You know the cocktail. I was a quadrouple shopper on the internet and my local doctor. I do have a program of IOP every night and AA daily.

Anyway, these vitamins have given me new life. I owe you one!

By the way where have you been? You dropped off the board for a while.

Thanks again,

- Sturgil
Dear Nick .... You are lucky to have landed on this board. There are alot of great people here and you will catch the vision. Self-detox could be hazardous to your health, so be careful. About your wife. Save yourself. That's right. You can't do anything about her addiction. You must focus on YOU. The best help we can give to another, is to set a good example. There is an organization called "Naranon" for spouses and families of drug addicted people. It is wonderful .... all my best to you, Goldie
I read your post on buying the vics and I FELT SO SAD,Ijust wanted to give you a hug.I too was so scared that I would fail at this detox at first but there is nothing wrong with failing! Even if you failed after 1 day is much greater than not trying at all!!!!!You cannot fail If you do not have the will to try.I admire you,you are doing fine in your quest to please yourself and your husband!!!! Sat. morning when you get up, look towards Mt. Pilchuk, Ill be wayving at you! I wont let it rain on you today!Thank you for your caring about my progress.
OOOPS SORRY I POSTED IT TWICE.THANKS........
SICKNICK, Good luck on your journey ! You took the first step to freedom by admitting you have a problem. Ill be praying for you. I dont know about tapering. But I wanted you to know Impulling for you!!!           AFRIEND, Im in WA. too!! What part are you from? Im in Renton. If your close and know of any N.A. meetings {that are good!!} Please let me know.                    God Bless you both!!!!        J.E,W.
I,PERSONALY HAVE W/D C/T FROM OXYCONTIN AND IT IS BRUTAL,WORSE THAN HEROIN FOR ME BUT EVEYONES DIFFERENT YA KNOW.I SWORE I THREW UP MY UNDERPANTS,THERE WAS THINGS IN THE TIOLET I SWEAR WERE INTERNAL ORGANS,ENDED UP IN HOSP. TWICE. THATS WHY I TAPERED THIS TIME.IT WAS ONLY A SUGGESTION TO NICK BASED ON MY EXP....RIDDLE...I LIVE IN THAT OTHER TOWN THAT BUILDS AIRPLANES.ILL CHECK AROUND FOR MTS.GOOD LUCK JEW
Suzie, I wondered what day of detox from Stadol are you on?  I thought you quit a number of days ago but it sounds like your symptoms are lasting a long time.  Aren't most physcial symptoms gone after a week or so usually?

Thomas, I tried the L-Tyrosine a bunch of times in varying doses.  It just doesn't do anything for me but make me feel anxious.  I even went as far as to buy a couple different brands of it but it doesn't help me at all.  I'm taking it with the B6 but I'm not sure how much of it to take.  Do you have any suggestions?  
20.00 hrs is great hang in there you can beat this, can you get to an e r i know they can be assholes my last relaspe i went to the e r and told them that i had been told by doctor to go , they didnt eaven check with the ******* , they addmitted me i was there 4 days it got me thr the worst of it , you have nothing to lose ,hope you can get some help .
Glad personomas printed Thomas recipie.  It is really helping.  Feeling better today.  Just dragiing a little.  trying to get up & see the sun.  Laying in bed makes it worse for me, even though I would love to be snoozing!!!  Can't keep saying glad you guys are here.
THANKS STRAIGHTJACKET SIS REALLY SOUNDED LIKE SHE NEEDED SUPPORT .HOPE YOUR QUEST IS GOING WELL......
Hey Nick!  I grew up in Greenwich and I am always there!   I will have to pop into your pizza place!  I think I have actually heard of it!  I hope things work out for you, me, and everyone here!
Suzie - I didn't think the temperature would ever get to 20 degrees in Florida! Bet you're freezing.  You should be here - 8 below zero last night!

Nick - Would love to have one of those pizzas fed-exed to me here in Beckley, West Virginia. (Olives, mushrooms and hot peppers, please...light on the cheese)!...smile.

Hope you both (and everyone) have a great weekend.

Love, Lisabet
Hey Nick how far are you from Enfield CT.? I sure would love to try
a slice of that pizza.
Tom
Today is a new day.  Yesterday is gone.  Find something to be thankful for today.  
I hope everyone is hanging in there.
To all of you who are just starting detox or thinking about it.  The world is proud of you.
Post what you are thankful for today.  i haven't discovered it yet for myself...but i will let ya know.
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME OUT.YOUR KNOWLEDGE ON THIS SUBJECT HAS KEPT MANY MANY PEOPLE FROM SUFFERING MORE THAN THEY HAVE TO.DOES L-TY HELP REPAIR RECEPTERS/DOPAMINE?
Thomas,

As always thanks for your great advice.

Got any additional words of wisdom for me? I am feeling better today, but I seem to be stuck between anxiety and depression. One med works for one but makes the other worse.

Rex
Greetings!

I suggest the same thing I have to make myself do today: aerobic exercise. I live in a hillside community where 45 minutes of fast walking is quite the workout. Something similar, or swimming, bicycling, stairmaster, etc. will take effort but will stimulate endorphin production and almost certainly make you feel better.

Thomas
Hey sweet man!  OK.. i have some darvocet now to help and the question is... i have a headache..so i want to take more of it. Could this be my brain/ mind GIVING me a headache to get more opiates in me???  Since i got the darvocet my head has been bad??? Coincidence??
Suzie
Hi your sweet self! I know you've had a history of headaches, so I really don't know what to say about this headache. I can tell you that Darvocet is a lousy headache drug. A higher dose might even make your headache worse. I suggest you stick to whatever dose helps your withdrawal symptoms. That's as much as you can expect from Darvocet. Fel better, Suzy.

Thomas
Could u plz e-mail me i have a question for u.  TY!
Suzie
***@****
Anyone can e-mail me any time!
Peace!
Day two of detox.Feeling ok still. Bad stomach cramps, headache, constipation, awful cravings...still doing it though. i'll update tomorrow.

-Anthony
Hey Anthony man!  You are doing soo well!  Keep tryin to move about and get exercise.  If you cant sleep kava kava helps.. much more than the bottle says though.   Hot baths  help a lot.  It may get worse before it gets better.  But one day at a time!

You have done exellent!  You da man!
Suzie
PS tell your partner to post here for you if your to sick to. He can voice his concerns here to.
This is going to sound bad - really bad, but believe me when I tell you this. You want each and every one of those symptoms during detox, so you will remember it and never go there again.

I firmly believe this - if detox was easy, no one would ever get sober.

Hang in there no matter what, remind yourself that by next weekend the worst will be all over with...

Rex
JEW, W/D SYMPTOMS HAVE A WAY MIXING UP OUR THOUGHTS AND EMOTIONS(IN MY OPINION) I, IN NO WAY INTENDED TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS! THATS WHY I SAID (EVERYONES DIFFERENT).I WILL NEVER PURPOSLY POST ANY MESSAGE THAT I THOUGHT WOULD DAMAGE SOMEONE WILL TO DETOX ANYWAY THEY CHOOSE. IM GOING TO POST A MESSAGE ON (MY THOUGHTS) TAPERING BUT PLEASE JUST TAKE IS AS FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND NOT TO HEART.YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF(I AM ALSO PROUD OF YOU TOO!)
I totaly agree with you. Thanks for being there. One min. were up, and the next were down. But I know its worth it..  Take care and God Bless!!!!            J.E.W.
Congrates to you.  you sound like your doing great! Keep up the meetings they do work wonders.. And like you said we ALWAYS have to remember what those pills do to us.                            God Bless!!!!       J.E.W.
Thanks. I'm really excited about 2 weeks clean (doesn't that sound crazy?) I hope you're doing well too. I've read your posts and it seems we're really close together in sobriety time. Stay with me on this course - we all need each other!
God Bless - MW
Sorry to hear about your divorce, it takes a strong person such as you to go thu the hell of div/detox at the same time.I wish the very best to come for you & your child!Thank you for your thoughtful post,you have a special way of taking people that are down and puttig them on their feet again.Glad to hear your getting around,helps doesnt it.I finnished day 3 of detox at work with those oxys still in my pocket, brutal but have a couple days to try to sleep.I have slept only 8 hours in 3 days. Reminds me of the coke days.Poor me whining about MY SELF INFLICTED wound,forgive me.My 9 year old boy sends your daughter a kiss,and I send you one also..
I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE FEED BACK, I FEEL 50% BETTER JUST KNOWING THAT IT WAS WITHDRAWALS FROM THE DRUGS THAT CAUSED MY PANIC ATTACKS, I THOUGHT IT WAS A HEART CONDITION OR SOME KIND OF ILLNESS (LOL) I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT,MY PROBLEM NOW IS TO QUIT AND DONT KNOW WHERE TO START, ILL START OF BY TELLING EVERYONE I HAVE ACCESS TO ANY MEDICATION, SO AS FAR AS THE MEDS GO PLEASE TELL ME A RECIPE ON WHICH MEDS OR VITAMINS I SHOULD GET TO START DETOX. SHOULD I DO THE THOMAS RECIPE OR VALIUMS, CLONIDINE,KOLONOPINE, I HAVE ALL OF THEM , EVEN METHADONE, BUT IM AFRAID TO START METHADONE ON MY OWN, I DID GO TO DETOX 2 MONTHS AGO AND THEY PUT ME ON METHADONE FOR 5 DAYS AND SENT ME HOME, MY 6 TH DAY WHEN I WOKE UP I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE, I WENT RITE BACK TO THE OXYS, I CRUSH 1 OXY IN THE MORNING AND ONE AT NIGHT,80 MGS IN MORNING AND 80 MGS AT NIGHT, I ALSO HAVE LORTAB AND VICODINS IF NEEDED FOR WITHDRAWALS FROM THE OXYS, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT ROUTE IS THE BEST TO TAKE, I AM NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON WHERE I WILL MIX 10 DIFFERENT DRUGS AT THE SAME TIME UNLESS IT IS FOR THE BENEFIT OF GETTING OF THE OXYS, SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE TO START ANYBODY,I WOULD LIKE TO TELL EVERY ONE IF YOUR EVER IN THE NEIGBORHOOD IN STAMFORD CONNECTICUT PLEASE STOP BY FOR DINNER AT MY RESTAURANT, I OWN A SMALL ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN STAMFORD CT, JUST A WAY TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERY ONE THATS TRYING TO HELP ME, ITS CALLED NICKS PIZZA, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL..............................
AND OF COARSE DINNER IS ON ME, ALSO PLEASE KEEP IN MIND I HAVE ASTHMA AND SLEEP APNEA, I KNOW WHEN IVE TAKEN XANAX IN THE PAST NOW AND THEN IT WOULD BOTHER MY SLEEP APNEA AND ASTHMA, BUT I NOTICED IN SMALL DOSES IT WAS ALRITE , THANK YOU AGAIN, ILL TALK TO EVERY ONE LATA , THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE...NICK
Where in the hell were you when I was running out of gas looking for a  pharmacy like that a couple of weeks ago? HA HA. Anyway Thomas03 kinda made me step back a little and think about what I said in a previous post. Sounds like you really want off the stuff and probly have access to a phy. Be honest with him and have him set you up with a taper down program. I know from personal exp. that it drags it out (the sickness feeling) but by the sounds of it cold turkey is not for you.You can start by not crushing those oxys!Thanks for dinner anyway but I dont have enough frequent flier miles to get there from Washington.  Keep going your on the right road Nick.
In my opinion, Society has put a stigma on the people who have made the mistake of musculing /intravenous drug users/abusers.Drugs are consumed,snorted,muscled or injected to achive the same affect...EUPHORIA. Yes there are irresponsible intraveinous addicts as there are addicts that chose to consume or snort.My point being...some people/addicts think they are better/higher class because they swallow or snort their drug of choice, where as the addict that uses a needle is a filthy piece of ****, not worth the time of day. These people and their thoughts sicken and sadden me,and you people know who you are.(IM NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYONE IN PRATICULAR ON THIS SITE).Most EVERY intravenous user I know are loving,caring,responsible people with jobs,raise kids and are productive members of society. Though, I do not condone this method of getting a drug of choice into the bloodstream, to some addicts its not a choice. Whether it be pills are too expensive,(herions cheaper than pills and stronger)treatment not available/or an option. I myself have made the mistake at 17 when an ex-con talked me into cramming a rig full of coke in my arm,then did it on and of for 8 years.I quit for 15 years then picked it back up again(herion this time). And NOT to put my wife in danger I ALWAYS used new needles and NEVER shared.I think marrital problems,2 surgeries in 1 year,stress caused this relapse,maybey self pity.Anyway..are diabetic bad people because they use needles? I could be your best friend at work and you wouldnt even know me! Even if i was using. I guess instead of writing all this I could have just said:LOVE PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE, NOT HOW THEY DELIVER/DELIVERED THEIR DRUGS TO THEIR BLOODSTREAM!..........I wish you all well in your progress to success....afriend
hey nick do you deliver to rochestr new york LOL ,im going through oxy wd i tryed tappering many times i never had any luck ,it sounds like you have meds to take the edge of , can you ask your doc to help you taper? chewing is only good for the buzz swallowing them is going to last at least 12 00 hours , i know that much ,cold turky sucks but it is faster in the long run , ether way you going through wd.I also suffer from panic attacks that started when I developed a deep depression. At first the docs were giving me Zanax  and cliozapane but being an addict they they would not keep me on them very long. I have had to try to get through them on my own. I have learned that I have to talk myself through them and take slow deep breathes through my nose and keep telling myself that they will pass and that nothing bad is going to happen. They call it fright and flight syndome. I still get them and a little more severe with going thru  wd but the longer I have gone thru wd they get a little better.Hang in there it will be worth it. P.S...... cheese and pepperoni is ok with me.
Man, someones gotta help me, please.
I'm on 20 something hours without pain killers and I've never felt this bad in my entire life. I'm having sharp pains throughout my entire body and head, I almost just threw up. The with drawals have never been this bad so soon after I stopped before. I have pain killers, but I am avoiding taking them, I know I'm going to run out soon, and it's been 20 hours, so ahh I don't know! I need to go into a treatment center, asap. What I need help with is I live in Maine & I can't find any treatment centers that give you something to help cope with the with drawal symptoms. I need something to help with this, I can lay in bed in pain at home, I don't need to be in a treatment center to do that. But I really want to goto one if they offer something to help you come off. I just can't find one. I've been going to therapy and seeing a psychiatrist to get my life together & to help deal with my anxiety, I want to keep my addiction seperate from that aspect of my life and deal with specialists in that area. I have health insurance & don't know where to start, so if anyone can help me find a place in Maine that can help me please let me know, I can be reached at ***@****, or you can reply here. -Sis =(
Ack, I tried to post earlier but apparently it didn't work.
I need help really bad! Someone has got to help me out, please.
I'm on 20 something hours of no pain killers & I have never felt this bad in my life. My entire body hurts, I'm getting sharp pains throughout my whole body and head. I almost threw up earlier. The withdrawal symptoms have never been this bad for me so soon after I stopped taking pills. I have pain killers & I knew that I wouldn't have them for long, so I didn't bother to take them, it's now been 20 hours and I need to goto treatment center, asap. I need some sort of medication to help me cope with the withdrawal symptoms I am having, this is seriously hell. I've been going to therapy & seeing a psychiatrist for my anxiety to deal with that aspect of my life, and I want to keep my addiction seperate from that & deal with a specialist in that area. But my problem is I can NOT find any treatment centers here in Maine that offer treatment to deal w/ the withdrawal symptoms. I have health insurance, and like I said, I live in Maine, so if anyone could try finding a place on the web or anything at all I would greatly appreciate it. I can be contacted at ***@****, or you can post you reply here. Thnx -Sis
Hey gals!  I was addictd to stadol for over 10 years.  I stopped it Dec 27th.  Wooo hoooo.  But then i started ultram which is same family of drugs.  I believe it prolonged the inevitable withdrawal from the stadol.  But i might be wrong.  BUt my use of ultram was so short i could not have gotten addicted to it.  I am on day 8 now and my mausea is negligible fiannly.  I am shakey still and cant sleep well but other wies physically much much better!
Yes Kitty i know th e"fear" of getting aheadache and no relief in sight.  That was part of my fear of going off the stadol.  It had helped me to function normally for over 10- years. But i knew i coudl  not go on living that way.  
WEll people it is cold a a witches tit here!  20 last night!  And i live in Fl so icant imagine how cold u guys are!
Bundl e up!
HUgs!
Suzie
Sis are you still there? I sent this via email and here. Just about everyone here has done this W/D from opiates cold turkey at some point. Its scary and you may feel like your gonna die but, as long as you don't have any medical problems like history of seizures or any neurological or cardiac problems you will be OK.  Get in a hot bath and stay there. Your gonna feel like this for a bit longer but you can get through it. Get a big blanket and watch T.v. anything to distract yourself. You could always call the NA hotline and someone on the line can connect you to a detox in your area. Have you called the hospitals for just the detox part? I had to go to the hospital to detox and then I was transferred from there to residential in patient treatment. If not, just go to the ER and tell them your in withdrawal and need to go to detox, if they don't give you something to help with your withdrawal,tell them your brain feels fuzzy and feel like your gonna have "a seizure or something"be vague about it though.  (See Rex, its automatic but I think we have to sometimes expand our symptoms to get help). I was an RN so I know they have to at least address any complaints or symptoms you have. If the ER doesn't have a suggestion for inpatient rehab have them call social services and they can probably help. Good luck.
Oh yeah... I guess I should tell you who I am. My name is Kent, I'm a 37 year old Christian wife and mom to 3 wonderful although at times slightly psychotic and brain damaged beautiful children. I am recovering from 5 years of major opiate addiction. Went from an RN with a nice house and great life lots of money to a womans shelter with a restraining order on my husband and then 4 monthes rehab. With the help of God and a lot of great addicts who understood me and even a few "earthpeople," you know the ones who think addicts we are aliens, I have been clean for going on 13 monthes. Miracles happen life is better my family is back together and I have a real job and heave become responsible again. Life exists and its infinetily more fullfilling (even the bad stuff) when your not on drugs. God Bless
Hi guys just catching up.
New Orleans Lady, I agree with Thomas's suggestion to see if the vitamins help. Then if your still feeling so defeated your in danger of relapse you should talk to your Dr. I went to rehab and although grateful I was able to go and learn so much about myself and my reasons for using, I still relapsed for 6 weeks 8 months later. I take an antidepressant now and it may be what has helped me stay clean. I have no cravings for opiates at all. I do think God took the desire to use from me but I also think the antidepressant has helped with that defeated feeling you get.

Wife of addict, Hey there! how's your hubby? You ok?

ErikaAnn, I haven't been able to read all posts yet but I do know that your trying to beat this and your not a quitter. Alot of people are feeling better because of you. Keep posting, I love th quote you shared about living for moments that take your breath away. I love one that says "we are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Bungee...are you making it through? Only a little longer it seems like forever to you now, but I promise it will be over soon and you will feel so great!

Rex- One of the at home detox's I tried, the movie Saving Private Ryan was on pay-per-view. I watched it like 5 times kept watching it over and over. What a great suggestion you gave to watch this movie. How can you feel badly about your situation when compared to our country's greatest hero's? Can not even begin to imagine how they got up in the morning. Since your posts are so helpful and I really believe people read all of them, maybe you could suggest that when someone is feeling depressed or having trouble staying clean, that they go visit a VA hospital. As a nurse I took care of some veterens from WWII and I could have listened to their wisdom all day.
afriend, minime, congrats on getting as far as you have. The decision to take action is really the toughest part. It took me 25 years of opiate addiction just to get there!

Re: L-Tyrosine, typically, after acute withdrawal is over, meaning all the overpowering symptoms -- sweats, cramps, anxiety, insomnia, diahrea -- have subsided, recoverying addicts are faced with a daunting lack of mental, emotional and physical energy. Many addicts that make it through acute withdrawal cave in and use becaue of this post-acute withdrawal malaise. The L-Tyrosine is intended to be used only after acute withdrawal to help overcome this malaise. The full text of the recipe details how to time using the L-Tyrosine. Dosage also varies from one person to another. I suggest trying 1500mgs, or, if you're physically small, perhaps 1000mgs, then see how you feel. Many use up to 4000mgs in the morning. Ideally, it will give you a mental and physical energy boost without causing anxiety.

If you're experiencing anxiety to begin with, don't use it at all. If your dosage brings on anxiety, lower it the next day. For people sensetive to it, 500mgs may be enough. If that still causes anxiety, I suggest not using it.

For those capable of exercising, it's vital that you do so after acute withdrawal is over. The L-Tyrosine is a godsend under these circumstances. Taking the L-Tyrosine and then having an active day, whether that means exercise or simply going to work, is ideal. Taking L-Tyrosine and then spending the day on the couch may make it inevitable that the L-Tyrosine causes you some anxiety.

Usually, after acute withdrawal is over, recoverying addicts don't feel anxiety. They don't feel much of anything. L-Tyrosine will help kick you into gear, but you need to be aware of how you feel, what dose you're taking, and how you're spending your day. I hope I have answered your questions. If you need the complete text of the recipe, I'm at:
***@****

Thomas
Thanks for your kind words. I really haven't been gone as much as I was lurking. Some days you just don't want to talk ... hopefully I won't have too many of those. I think it's a kind of depression resulting from 30 years of drug addiction. I can abstain now, but I don't feel normal -- and the latest research indicates that I never will.

For those of you with much shorter exposure to these drugs, know that the road home is not open forever. Return to who you were while that person is still within you. I killed the person I used to be and now I don't know who I am. But, hey, that doesn't mean my life is meaningless. Meaning comes from many people and activities in my life, not the least of which is passing on what I know so that my fellow addicts don't have to make a journey like mine.

Thomas
A psychopharmacologist explained it to me this way: L-Tyrosine, an amino acid found in our daily diet, boosts the production of adrenalin, which stimulates the part of the brain which replenishes the dopamine depleted by opiate, speed or cocaine use. That boost of adrenalin helps recovering addicts get moving again, but, as some have experienced, can cause anxiety. In my case, the worst symptom I experienced was similar to the coffee jitters. The restored dopamine levels help addicts feel good again. Dopamine levels should return to normal without L-Tyrosine, but it take much longer, during which addicts will be tempted to use. By jump starting the process, suffering is reduced and, in theory, chances of immediate relapse is decreased. Everyone's dosage and experience will vary.

One suggestion for posts: avoid CAPS unless you really feel like doing some yelling.

Thomas
I am so proud of you! Everyone's pulling for you! How is your partner handling this? Is he being understanding and helpful? Your doing great Anthony, 95% of addicts would already be back out there looking for the pills. Isn't it nice to know you don't have to go anywhere? Have you prayed? Keep telling yourself you deserve to have a good life. Tell yourself that you are not meant to be perfect all your meant to do is try to be happy and productive in this life. Your helping alot of people by posting Anthony. I guarantee there are alot of people out there reading and not writing because of fear. Keep going and no matter what don't pick up!
(((gentle hugs))))
I wasnt saying not to taper I meant I myself cat because I would eat them all!! Sorry if it sounded wrong.. I need friends like you guys to help me through this. I know I have God on my side, but its nice to have people to talk to that understand!!!! My other half nos what Im doing but doesnt fully understand exactly what we go through. Thanks for everyones support.. It gives me more courage. And please everyone be praying extra for me tomarrow I have to go back to work. Im on day 8 and feeling pretty good at the moment!!! Just a few body aches here and there.. At least the headache is pretty much gone. I thought it was with me for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  God Bless You All And thanks for all the advice. We can get this monkey off our backs togeather..  J.E.W.
I've been reading through today's posts just before I go to bed and just wanted you all to know that when I wakeup in the morning, I will be living my 14th day completely clean from hydrocodone! God Bless you all for posting here - although your posts weren't addressed directly to me, I felt your support, warmth & love throughout my w/d'l period and still get the support I need on a daily basis here. I feel GREAT! I'm still going to NA/AA meetings nearly daily & consciously remind myself daily of (1) the hellish nightmare that my life had become while active in addiction to Lortab (2) each and every dreadful symptom I felt through the withdrawal (3)how fortunate (& grateful) I am to have my life, health, family, home, job despite all the **** & trappings that are apart of active addiction.

Anthony,
Stay the course, my friend, tomorrow WILL be better. I approached my detox much the same way that you have... I started tapering down from christmas thru till early january. I took my last pill on the morning of Jan. 5th. I stayed out of work Mon & Tues (the 6th & 7th) and went back to work on Wed the 8th. Although I wasn't nearly 100% - I did function & perform at work O.K. and I feel better EVERY day now. I know you are suffering, but it will pass - but ONLY if you don't give in and take that next pill. Hope to read from you or your partner tomorrow & each day. You help keep me sober. Thanks.
As Thomaso3 said - B6 and L-Tyrosine are the key. I am on day 45 clean from Lortab and Soma. I did go to a Detox center after several cold turkey tries at home. When I tried to get clean on my own I always picked back up... and each time I picked the dose increase to almost 3 times the level it was before.

After I came home from the hospital I was feeling okay but I was in a total fog. Depressed, no energy, could not sleep and I had lead in my legs. I made up my mind to keep pushing onward each day at work and at the end of the day I was glad I did not give in to the depression. As far as sleep, I still take 3mg of melatonin every night. If that does get me to sleep my docotr told me to take a big scoop of Bendryl. It works! It was day 43 before I sleep all night without waking up. Today I got up at 10:00am. Thank you God.

Anyway, I feel better everyday, little by little. If you have the cash go to the health food store for the Amino Acid L-Tyrosine and B6. I take 1 B6 and 2 500mg Tyrosine in the morning and two more L-Ty in PM. It does not make me nervous or give me the shakes. (I hate to speed) It took away the depression and lack of energy. I do not get the nornal 2:30pm slump. I have even energy all day. Best of all I sleep fine. THANK YOU THOMAS!!!

Stay away from the L-Tyrosine labled DL-Tyrosine. It is a mix natural and man made. The "L" means it is all natural.

I am so thankful for all of you here... and Anthony great work! Remember do it one day at a time. Be sure to eat and drink tons of sports drinks. Try to walk or do something to stay busy, it hurts but it helps.

I would like to see more people post with 30 or more days of continuous clean time.

Thank you God for answering my prayers, Thank you AA and Thank God for caring people in the detox center for not treating me like the addict I am.

- Sturgil -
NICE POST AND IM PULLING FOR YOU GALS/GUYS! ISNT IT NICE TO KNOW THAT THAT LITTLE ROUND THING WITHOUT A BRAIN DOESNT TELL YOU WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! EVERYDAY GETS BETTER AND BETTER! GOOD LUCK TO ALL.
Hello I just wanted to let you know that when you write all in caps it is the equivalent to yelling. Not a big deal but I thought you might want to save the yelling for when you really need it.
Hey Nick - good morning! You asked about the detox recipe; I'm assuming you mean the Thomas recipe. It's posted above on this thread (C28). I think this is for cold turkey, mainly, but I've used some of the ingredients while tapering, and it really seemed to take the "edge" off. I can't give any advise about the oxy's; my battle has been with vicodins, and to a lesser degree, alcohol. Hopefully, Thomas or someone with more knowledge than I on the subject will see your post and offer advice. Good luck - you can do this, Nick.  Peace/Love, Lisabet
I also am very concerned about your acces to so many narcotics!  You speak of tapering.. but have you ever done it?  It is next to impossible for most of us! with such a supply on hand.. i would not be able to taper.  they call to you 24/7 until you take more.  Your mind says to you.."ok.. just more today and then i'll take less tomorrow and resume my taper"  Yeah right!      Remember this is a disease and not just a matter of will power.  
Do u have family member or loved one who can sucessfully hide em from you and dole em out?
Peace to you friend,
suzie
Im sorry,I thought these posts were to support people and to help them with addictions,not for keyboard training.Im sorry if my CAPS offended you.Since I dont have a desk job and no typing skills caps were easier for me.Do you not have a scroll key to scroll on by my posts? Maybey Im being a little testy here? But just for you Iii take the extra time assuming you mean well and type in lower case.HAVE A NICE DAY.
Thomas had mentioned it to you before but I didn't think you saw it so I mentioned it again.  I'm not offended by your caps but I'm offended with your last post to me.  I wasn't rude to you so I didn't expect your response.  Nevermind that I said anything and just go on with your posts.
I am truely sorry for the post and appolgize for my comments. I did miss the post from Thomas,Im usually not like that but w/ds blasted me with a quick case of male pms or something.
Bad moods are to be expected and enjoyed by all here. Don't sweat it guys.

Good luck to both of you in your detox process and may God bless.

GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!

God Bless you guys!

Rex ;-)
Thankx for your post,just a little mood swing,it has passed. hope alls fine for you and your life. We need people like you to straighten us up once in a while. Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!

You should definately stop crushing those oxys and take them whole. Try that for a few days first.

What exactly do you take every day?

Try to drop just one drug at a time. Id start with the oxys (theyre the strongest) but thats just me.. can you get 40s or 20s? You said you take 2 oxy 80s a day? Try to drop to 60 or 40 for a week and see how you feel.. It seems big cuts at the begining are easier than big cuts at the end.

How many hydros a day do you take?

I would definately recomend checking with a doctor if you have any medical issues.

God Bless
DM
If you need info on how to seek an addictionologist in your state, email me, and I can get you that info.

***@****
LD LIKE TO THANK LISABET AND GMAN , AND EVERY ONE ELSE FOR THE HELP YOUVE GIVEN ME, BUT I STILL NEED A RECIPE FOR DETOX,I THINK IM GONNA START ON THE HYDROS TOMORROW, AND TRY TO GO WITH THEM OF THE OXYS, SEE WHAT HAPPENS, IF WORST COMES TO WORST ILL START BACK UP ON THE OXYS AND CUT DOWN FIRST, DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD START TAKEN THE OXYS WHOLE AND NOT CRUSHING THEM FIRST FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN GO TO THE HYDROS OR VICS OR WHATEVER YOU GUYS RECOMMEND,(LOL). PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND GMAN EMAIL ME AND WHOEVER ELSE WANTS TO AND MAYBE WELL GET TOGETHER AND HANG OUT ONE NIGHT, THANKS AGAIN TO EVERY ONE AND ILL SEE U LATER, OH I ALSO KNOW THAT IVE BEEN ABLE TO GO A FULL DAY WITH 1 80 MG OXY IF I PUSH IT AND GET TO SLEEP, I JUST TAKE THE SECOND ONE BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE **** SOME TIMES BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP , LATA GUYS AND THANKS.......I ALSO WAS THINKING OF USING THE METH FOR 4 DAYS AND GETTING OF , I DONT KNOW IF THAT WOULD WORK, THANKS LATA....EMAIL>>> ***@****  <<<    NICK.....

BUT THE WAY THE PIZZA IS READY (LOL)

BY THE WAY THE PIZZA IS READY (LOL)
SEEMS YOU HAVE MANY ISSUES TO DEAL WITH .(IN MY OPINION FROM WHAT IVE READ).1.SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT A PHARMACY OVER THERE AND I DONT KNOW IF YOU WANT TO TAPER OR GO C/T? 2.IF YOUR GOING TO TAPER YOU NEED TO KNOW THE STRENGTHS OF THE MEDS YOU HAVE.3.SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE HISTORY OF MED PROBLEMS AND MAYBEY SHOULD CONSULT A PHY.4 IF YOU CAN GO ALL DAY WITH 1 (WHOLE) 80MG OXY THEN WHY WOULD YOU GO BACK TO CRUSHING THEM?.5.IF YOUR GOING TO TAPER YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE KNOLEDGEABLE WITH THE MEDS AND MGS YOU HAVE AND EXPLAIN WHICH MEDS ARE FAST ACTING WHICH ARE TIME RELEASE AND SO ON.EXAMPLE:1 80MG OXYCONTIN EATEN (WHOLE) WILL DELIVER THE EQUIVILENT OF 16 OXYCODONE INTO YOUR SYSTEM OVER A PERIOD OF 10-12 HOURS(LESS THE TYLENOL).NOW IF YOU (CRUSH) 1 80MG AND EAT IT WILL RELEASE THE EQUIVELENT OF 16 OXYCODONE INTO YOUR SYSTEM ALL AT ONCE AND LAST A PERIOD 4-6 HOURS.NOW HYDROCODONE IS A DIFFENT DRUG (THOUGH STILL A NARCOTIC) SLIGHTLY LESS POTENT (IN MY OPINION) AN SO ON.......IM REALLY SORRY BUT I JUST CANT HELP YOU FROM HERE........BUT WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK
Hi guys,
Thanks for all of your replies.
Thank you for introducing yourself Lifeisbetter! I'm a 20 yr old female from Maine and have been doing opiates straight for about 2 years. Well, It looks like I got through the worst part (and it WAS BAD!) I took 2-3 baths a day and slept through most of it. The second night, I had gotten so much sleep, I had a rough time falling asleep again, so I took two Klonopin and drank some nighttime cough surp. I woke up today and the aches and pains seem to be gone away, my body doesn't feel as relaxed as it does when I'm on pain killers, i'm a little antsy, but atleast I don't have the excruciating pain that I did yesterday. It wasn't until I was almost getting sick that I realized how bad I had let my situation get. Not a fun thing at all. Now all I have to do is fight these cravings I am having. The thing that is holding me back the most from taking them is thinking about how bad it was going through withdrawals! But i'm fighting and hopefully I will win. Thanks to you all whom replied, I appreciate it very much! I will write to the individual who posted above via e-mail, just incase! Thanks again. -Sis
STC
Sorry to jump in on this thread. I couldn't start a new one today. I haven't been on the site for a while, but it has given me great support in the past.

A question: My usage has gone up a great deal in the past few months. I am now taking between 20 - 30 Norco (10 mg.) a day. I've gone cold turkey a couple of times in the past. It was hell and unfortunately only lasted for 3 weeks at the longest. I wasn't taking nearly as much at the time, however. Do I need to be concerned from a medical standpoint about going cold turkey again? I am not sure how capable I am of tapering, but also am concerned about any risk from quitting from that high of a dose.

Thanks to all out there for your posts!
How you doing today? I think its not pms its menapause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {JUST JOKING} Hope your doing great.. Day 10 coming up tommarow How wonderful it is....I went back to work today and actualy enjoyed it.. Feeling pretty good rigt now.. Anyway I was just wondering how you were doing with wife & children?  Take care my friend.             God Bless!!!!!!!!     J.E.W.
Sorry about the spelling. I type one fingered too.......              J.E.W.
Hi suzie, hope your feeling better today! Did ya see that old post? Im not sure what the hells going on with that e-mail **** because Im so comp. illit. Ill talk to ya soon. Maybey you can tell me if this is a w/d symptom? Ever since you asked me that question, my johnson works, but my boat motor wont run.Smile & Have a nice day! By the way its give your children an extra hug day!
I have used/abused opiates for large part of my life and w/d from abuse deprives you of sleep until your body can adjust.I now only sleep 2-3 hours per night,@ 6 days opiate free. Ive talked to hard core addicts that have said they went up to  14 days with none in treatment. I, myself have had U.P.P.P surgery for sleep apnea (thats where they cut the soft pallet and the uvula out of the roof of your mouth and throught). My point being,your problems are compounding(after reading more of your posts) Please seek medical attention! DONT TRY THIS ON YOUR OWN!
Hey man...YOU are way too kind!  but ty for the compliment!  You crack me up too >  Check yur e=mail lata..
Suzie
You go girl!!! It gets better everyday. Good
luck at work tomarrow. Just take it slow. It does help getting out of the house. I went back yesterday it was day 9 for me. It went pretty good. I think I stressed myself worrying if I could. But it wasnt bad at all. When I got home I actualy felt better than I have in along time.. My prayers are with you hon.           God Bless!!!         J.E.W.
If possible, I would take tommorrow off too - that will be a critical day for you - day 5.

You should be putting all of your attention into yourself for the next two days. Added pressure will risk your detox.

Just my experience - put off everything you can for the next two days!

Good luck,

Rex
I got alot of toothaches too. Try some Advil try 2 first no, Anthony, 4 is not necessarily better, try 2 first  :0)
Believe it or not Advil works wonders. So does ambesol. I'm so proud of you, you will never know how much!
good to hear from you.
i am dooing very well.
lots of miricles happining.
it is unbeleivable.
my knee pain is gone for now due to
streching and advill and a little divine intervention.
as always good to read you post.
i wish you well in all things,
you are in my prayers.

peace!!!!!!!!!!hippy__-------your freind michael
Bungee...definately go to a meeting you might like AA better...they have addicts there too and my personal experience was better at AA...more mature crowd and seemed to have what I want...but chose what feels good for you, if you dont like it try another step program or another meeting...Good luck...
IM TAKEN 2 80 MGS A D