Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Lortab Withdrawal - How long?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Lortab Withdrawal - How long?

For the last few days I have tapered off my lortab consumption from about 6 pills a day, then to 3, then 2, then finally 1. So far I have had goosebumps, sweats, fatigue, depression and diarrhea. I'm not sure how far along in withdrawals I actually am since they came on gradually due to tapering off. I read that the worst will be over in about 7 days. My question is... am I still in the early stages of withdrawal symptoms? And if so, about how many days are left, considering the current symptoms, until the worst is over?
how many days are you actually clean? but from what i read here you really didnt take that much so withdrawal shouldnt be to to bad to be honest n i know that may sound crazy to you that that wasnt alot but honestly 60mg of hydrocodone isnt to bad so if i did it coming from 350-400 mg oxy a day taking well over what u took in a day every time i took anything u can do this comig off hydrocodone just hang in there and keep posting and you will make it and the absolute worst of the physical withdrawal you ask about will be over in about 7 days with the worst the first 4 days but dont fool yourself with this either the physical withdrawal is only half the battle and if you want complete honesty the physical withdrawal is the easy part im sure thats not what you wanted to here at all but you need to be prepared for whats to come and get ready to beat this battle with addiction
well good luck and feel free to shoot me a msg if you have any questions or anything and i will be glad to help in any way i possibly can

Good Luck and Godspeed
ABritt
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Last night was pretty rough but I finally managed to fall asleep. I went from fatigue to restless, then ended up with RLS. A hot bath fixed that about 4am. So I did get a bit of sleep in. I just woke up a bit ago. I'm still not fully awake but so far I don't feel nearly as bad. I don't want to say for sure yet though, since I'm not completely awake. It's like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I started taking some vitamins last night also and plain aspirin for my pain. I injured my back taking care of my (now ex) husband when he was injured and I was placed on hydrocodone for it. My prescription is for 2 a day but I well overdid it. Today will be day 3 of being clean.

Yesterday and last night were the worst so far. I hope today and tonight are better.
well it sounds like you have the right stuff with the vitamins and all of that i would also recommend imodium (immodium) if you are going to the bathroom alot cause thats part of it for most ppl to but with the low amount you were taking i dont see it getting worse for you and it should start to get better pretty sooon so just remember things will look up but you still have to be ready to deal with the mental part of withdrawal to because it can be a dealbreaker i know right now it seems like the physical withdrawal is the worst but the mental can be harder for some ppl once the physical withdrawal is over so just prepare for that and try to keep your mind busy because when you start getting bored your cravings will be worse but hang in there and be strong and remember and tell yourself as long as this is the last time you will never have to feel like this again

Good Luck and Godspeed
ABritt
The fatigue has been pretty bad for the last 36 hours. I've been sleeping quite a bit but the few times I have been awake have been full of anxiety and restlessness. I have taken immodium to take care of that problem. I've been drinking gatorade due to sweating so much. If it wasn't for the fatigue I think I'd be doing alright minus some chills here and there.

I am trying to prepare for the mental part. I've done this once before and you're exactly right. The minute something happens that I think I can't deal with, or I get bored, I will use again. I was clean for about 3 months back in Feb and something (don't remember what) happened and I started using again to "deal" with the situation I was in. I have no idea how to prepare myself for the mental aspect. I will say that, minus all this fatigue, this time going through w/d has been easier... or as easy as it can be I guess because either way it's pretty difficult.

Everyone in my family is on these pills and they're all around me so that's a difficult part to deal with. Both sides of my family also have addictive personalities so I was screwed from the beginning I think. When my marriage started failing I started to use a lot so I could deal with it/him, because there was also physical/mental abuse from him as well.

But I know there's no excuse. I'm responsible for my own actions and now it's time that I straighten myself out. I can't wait until the fatigue is finished. I've slept for 2 days now. How much longer do you think the fatigue will last?

I appreciate your responses. You're about the only person that's offered the help me through this so far. Everyone else has just pretty much avoided me.
For me the fatigue is the part that seemed to last the longest unfortunately but after 10 days or so i would take a nodoz every once in a while to pick me up n it seemed to help a little

Good Luck and Godspeed
ABritt
Well, I'm wide awake now. I took one Klonopin (as prescribed) to calm the anxiety and help me sleep. I was out for about 3 hours and now I'm wide awake again. I took a second klonopin a few mins ago so maybe that will knock me out and I'll get some sleep. Other than that, I had a few chills last night but the cravings were pretty strong in the evening.

Other than that, yesterday was better than the day before. Could this be nearing the end of it? Or just a one day fluke?
You could be getting close to the end of the physical part only your body knows for sure. Cravings?  Have you started seeking aftercare or going to meetings yet or anything?  This forum is a lot of help for me too, not full aftercare but helps keep my mind busy. Congratulations on how far you've come!
thanks! i honestly haven't even gotten as far as aftercare yet. I was/am too busy with the physical part. But hopefully this is nearing the end and I can start working on that part. Any recommendations for aftercare?
today was a lot better but still going through physical w/d. basically chills/tremors and cravings. any suggestions on what to do to ease those symptoms? other than that, im taking immodium, gatorade, vitamins, hot baths for RLS, and klonopin (prescribed) to sleep. but tremors/chills and cravings are making me crazy. oh and anxiety. the knonopin is for that but instead of calming me down, it just knocks me out lol
I've been reading everyone's post lately. I'm new to this. I been on Vic 10/325 for about 5 years following 3 ankle surgeries. The last surgery was in 2010. I started by taking a couple a day, ending in 5-7 per day. I know to some that may not seem like a lot but it was more than I was suppose to take and found that I was running out before I could fill again.  Total panic would set in!
My ankle replacement doesn't always hurt now but I still had to take the pills or I feel horrible and couldn't get through my day. This is my 4th day completely clean. Physical w/d symptoms I think are gone. I need help with the anxiety and fatigue that I am still feeling. I actually had to leave work early today from them. Is there ANYTHING that helps with that?
I can't stand feeling tired all the time and my chest feels heavy from the anxiety.
Any suggestions, anyone?
This is also the first time I have ever tried to quit. I really want to kick this and get back to being me.
Hi Kim, I found for myself that a complex B vitamin twice a day with a zinc  calcium magnesium pill did wonders. The B complex was a great way to get energy..
Thank you for replying to me. I will try that.
This is the scariest thing I have ever done. I hope I've gotten past all the really bad physical w/d. I guess i still have it a little, my legs are sore. Along with the anxiety attacks and fatigue, I feel like there is a war going on in my head, the craving is still there.
I've thought about quitting so many times in the past 5 years and the w/d and the doubt about still being able to function have always kept me from trying.
Thank you
I have taken Lortab prescribed for 13 years.  26 days ago I took my last one.  Iwas taking 6-8 (sometimes more) a day.  Like you my script never would last.   My withdrawals were the same, sick stomach, leg cramps, RLS, nothing real terrible.  The fatique seems to be worse the last 3 days.  I went and bought some vitamins, ones listed in the above posts and hopefully they will do the trick.  This fatigue *****.  Anyone else have the fatigue this late in tbe game, is it normal?  It's really freaking me out!  If anyone did, how long till I feel better???
I have had withdrawals for 2 days now , I have been trying to get off for a long time. My whole body hurts, especially my legs. I have herniated disks in my neck and I have back problems. I take at least 4 per day 10-500. Is this a high dose. I have high blood pressure and anxiety attacks, depression. I am so sick to my stomach.  Someone tell my if going to the chiropractor will help with my pain.  I need some advice please.
do you let them sweat it out or stay out of under covers? what can i do to help my boyfriend from his withdrawals from lortabs?
I have read your comments and help.  I liked your ending Good luck and God's speed.  With the new pain prescription laws, my doctor retired, and I had to find a new one who would not keep prescribing my Loritab/Norco as my previous doctor did.  I was referred to a pain clinic and that doctor said I didn't qualify for Norco.  I've been taking Loritab/Norco for 12 years and haven't taken more medicine than prescribed.  4 x day for pain.  Now I'm stuck cold turkey and I'm experiencing a lot of symptoms I see other people have.  Nausea, diarrhea, no interest in food, the restlessness is the worst almost..like something is crawling all over my skin.  I'm tired but can't sleep because of these symptoms.  Good thoughts on the immodium, and someone recommended Complex B Vitamin w zinc calcium magnesium.  Would you have any other ideas on how to cope through this process?  I think I have 10 pills left.  I've been weaning myself off when I realized my new doctor was opposed to refilling my Norco, so I guess that is good, but reducing the dosage more is making me crazy.  God bless and I appreciate any help.  Julie
This thread is a couple years old. Would be better to start your own thread
  I have been taking Lortab 10-500 and then my doctor changed me to 10-325 when they changed the laws. I have been on Lortab for about 15 years and I have been wanting to quit for many years but it kept a hold on me.
I would stay awake as long as 30 hours at a time and then I would sleep for 24 hours or more. When I was taking the Lortab 10-500 my doctor gave me 8 Lortabs per day and I have taken up to 12 10-500 per day.
I have been totally clean for 31/2 Days and I have the shakes and I am very very tired and I Pray that I can hold on and beat this addiction because this pain medications have taking over my life and I am ready to take my life back. Good Luck to everyone out there that is trying to beat this addiction and I know what you are going through. Just hang in there and be Tough and you can beat anything with GODs Help. I know that we all will feel Human again as soon as we beat this addiction.

Thank You and May GOD Bless
                               Ed
this thread is really old and you would get more responses if you posted a new question.
did your doctor cut you off or did you decide to stop on your own??
if you decided to stop on your own, you should go to your doctor and tell them you want to taper off of them.  
you can cold turkey off of them, but you were on them so long and at a pretty high dose it will be extremely uncomfortable.  you really should taper off of them slowly.