Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Loss of appetite!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Loss of appetite!

I am on day 8  WOOOOO HOOOO!  Feeling better in many aspects but when will I be able to eat normal again?
I can't get alot of food down and I get really run down.  (combination of getting clean and not eating right probably)
I am taking vitamins, drinking ensure and carnation breakfast drinks to get some nutrition.  Is this a normal part of WD?
Way to go on 8 days, that is great. i don't know that much about pill w/d's or when you will get your appetite back but when i first got clean i did not want to eat at first, but after a week or so all i did was eat. it was like i got my appetite back overnight and it's still there. it should come back soon, this is normal for many.
YOU ARE DOING GREAT.... it takes a whille but give it a few weeks and you will be eating like a horse.....LOL
Hey i'm on day 11 and have lost 22 pounds I seem to get a little back each day.
Thanks :-)
The appetite will come back!!!!  You are doing great.  Keep moving forward     stay strong       sara
In all of my detoxes I couldn't eat either and it wore me down even more, and I'd drop pounds rapidly..........that wasn't a bad thing.

This last one, I used Thomas & prescription coctail that I designed and ate my a$$ a size bigger!  10 lbs.  Took a while to loose it, but I did.

It'll come, but the food portions will be smaller at first, but you'll feel better.

Try something sweet, like a waffle w/syrup.
Yes, it is definitely a part of withdrawal.  I lost a cr@pload of weight.  I couldn't eat for about 6 weeks.  But, I was on a real long slow taper.  

Pretty soon you will be back complaining about the gaining back all the weight, plus some cause your eating like a pig.....lol.

Your doing the right thing by taking vitamins, ensure, and the breakfast drinks.  It will all come back.

Congrats on 8 days !!  Glad your feeling Good !!

luv,
Nauty.............
Yeah everyones different but, everyone seems to have a major loss of appetite. On day 7 I was forcing a little bit of toast, and bland foods down, but everything tasted horrible for about 2 weeks. I lost 15lbs but, it caused me to go to ER b/c my potasssium levels were very low. So they gave me a magnesium IV and a 10 day supply of potassium pills. After that I was eating anything and everything in site....lol. My stomach was overloaded, I ate like that for a few weeks and gain all my weight I lost and more. I am back to eating normally now and lost 10lbs. I had a lot of water weight for some reason...I was really bloated.  I am now taking a woman's mega multi-vitamin and excercising more. I was exusted and lethargic for a long time. Good thing it will all pass! Keep in your mind that this is temporary! I am on day 46 and feeling so much better! Your doing awesome!
Shellxoxo
Oh forgot, good thing your taking ensure and stuff like that. I was told to drink that after I got my appetite back. Keep it up, your doing great!!!
normal i think...i had a loss of apetite as well...push ur fluidstho as it is most important..u r making good choices with the ensure and such...are u taking the supps?  exercise helps fatigue more than anything for me..keep posting