Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Lost love

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Lost love

Will I ever stop wanting to take them?

Since the taper I don't feel so consumed by the constant pursuit for pills.

But if I had 20 in front of me, I would do 10 for sure.

How did I get here.
I think we all wonder how we got like this but i am so glad i got HERE, to this forum.  These pills come into our lives and rape us and leave us trying to pick up the pieces.  I am glad you dont feel so consumed.  That is a good feeling.  Keep looking forward and telling yourself you can do this. Keep posting and reading.  
The cravings will lessen. I'm 4 1/2 months clean and I still have them. Defiitely not like I did in the beginning. You just have to occupy yourself with other things when cravings hit. Have you thought about NA or AA? Maybe counseling would help. The physical part is easier than the mental that's for sure.
What were you taking?

Where are you at in your taper?

How many were you taking per day and how strong were they.

I can probably give you an idea as to the cessation of most of the cravings.  I've had some recent conversations (not all at once) w/an M.D., Psychologist (friend) and Psychiatrist (friend of Psycho friend) and I've got some good input.  I crossed checked each ones positions and they seemed somewhat consistant.
The cravings do lessen. The is a good post about cravings in the Health Pages, I think.
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=66  ;
Percocet, 5 mg.

I am down to 5-7 per day.

Too hard to get them anymore, which is a good thing

Thanks, I am appreciate your advice.
Even though everyone is different, you are talking about 25-35 mg/day.  That is the point where I jumped off w/vics.

Stay focused and do those things that you have neglected doing to get your mind off things.  

Are you still on a taper or are you off?

If you are still on, your body/brain is wanting them because you are only feeding them in amounts smaller than usual.

If you are off, they will pass.  Like I said, everyone is different and you need to "break the cycle".  Get out of your norm and do things differently everyday now.

"Its awfully hard to quit cigars when you work in a smoke shop".

I think that like any habit...the longer u can go without repeating it...the better it will get as far as wanting to repeat it......i dont think i will ever forget about pills completely...but i think it will become something that was far far away...in the past and a memory....a stressful event may cause an urge as it still does for me now...but not like it did a few months ago...time takes care of all
I would love to start excersing again I just go to work come home and think about my pills and I hate it. One day My Life will be mine soon very soon.