Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Lower Back Pain After Opiate Withdrawal?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I recently went through opiate withdrawal and have been clean for about two weeks.  After all the other physical effects have subsided I have been left with lower back pain.  I should mention that I did not have this lower back pain before my 2+years of opiate abuse.

It's the kind of back pain I used to have in my college days after a long weekend of drinking. However, I don't drink any alcohol anymore and feel I have been doing a great job of hydrating myself.

Anyone else experienced something similar?
Avatar n tn
You might want to check with a doctor....just to make sure your kidneys are ok.
I went thru all of this. Checked kid's everything was fine.
It is our brains and the reward sensors. I am convinced it is all mental b/c I have had the back pain stop when I even thought I was going to get an opiate. I had not even taken it yet.

I also have Lymes dis. Thought I would throw that in.
i went to chiropracter for 2 months and started going away so i quit going of course i was using in that time frame, but since ive quit this time my back hasnt felt to bad, not like it did the last time i tried to quit, maybe go to a chiropracter and get an x-ray, you may just have a bone out of place and its pinching a nerve, good luck