Lyrica: Non-narcotic pain control?
Has anyone heard of this drug?  Is it one we could take, say after a root canal, and not have a problem with? What are addicts to do about pain control?
No its not for that kind of pain. Its mainly for nerve pain. I was given it for my Fibromyalgia. Its used more for chronic pain that accute pain. I didn't end up liking it so i didn't stay on it.. I was very dizzy and had severe blurry vision.
How are you able to control your fibro pain?  Stay away from the steroids if you can,  however, I was given a medrol-tordol injection once during a flare-up and wanted to kiss the doctor!  
i am really not able to control it per say.. things like massage, chiro, heat, muscle relaxers make it tolerable..
Addicts can take an anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen 800mg every 6-8 hrs. I use to get more relief from that than I did on vic 5/500 years ago when prescribed for minor dental work. Vic but there is another drug called toradol this is not ultram its another drug used that has no opiates in it. I know that's what they said about ultram but that drug is addicting and does cause a high and energy much like hydro. And its a b*tch to come off of. Have you joined Drugs.com yet. This website is very helpful and cost $ to join as I mentioned earlier in one of my posts----Take care----Noah
Yes, i know about tramadol/ultram.  I use to take 18 a day before getting help.  My husband currently takes 2 in am and 2 in pm, has for 4 years. He ran out for 2 days and had a really bad time.  He is not an addict, well, not like me, anyway.  But it really suprised him he had w/d's. He now stock piles them so he won't run out. One time i took all my methadone early and had 3 days w/o it 2ndary to holiday-clinic closed.  I started feeling bad,or so i thought, and took 4 tramadol all at once, 1 hour later i was begging my husband to call 911!!  It threw me into the worst w/d's ever.  Later i found out that tramadol is an opoid blocker.  I love Drugs.com.  I joined yesterday, thanks to you!  UR THE BEST!  I'm glad we're buds----Vic          Oh.. hey advice is needed on ins. I think it's under title "I'm only 23...." or  screen name "Josie" i'm not sure at all but look through the new posts- they need u
Vic, Not tramadol I said TORADOL. I know ultram is a nightmare in it self. TORADOL is different. Type in toradol into your browser and you get more info on the drug---------------NOAH
yes, this is the anti-inflam. my doctor mixed w/Medrol to relieve fibro flare-up. Oh and i found this great website for u to check out it's druglib.com