Lyrica for pain?
I am 19 plus years clean and sober. I experience pain caused by ao old back injury and arthritis. I just stopped taking Cymbalta which caused unpleasant side effects plus intense withdrawals. I was looking for an alternative and discovered Lyrica, but then I saw the warning about addictive behavior. I don't want anything that will cause that feeling to return ever again. Are there any fellow addicts out there who have had experience with Lyrica?  
My doc wanted to start me on Lyric as well.  Since I was diagnosed with Fibromyalga almost a year ago.  But my Pain Managment Spec. who knew about my battle with addiction said NO WAY.  There is something about that lyrica that scared the **** out of my PM doc.  I always make it a point to tell all my docs what new meds the other wants to put me on, cause my grandma passed away three years ago after being perscribed a sulfa based heart medicine she was allergic to, if she wouldve consulted her tending physician shed still be alive, so I always make sure they all know. Didnt stop me from becoming a raging pill head!!! LOL but i do care some about my health.  Anyway, there is a certain chemical in lyrica, my doc explained to me, that causes those of us with self admitted addictive behavior to become dependant.  Something kind of similar to the opiates, and he refused to allow me to take it. Saying we were trying to move forward not back.  Im sure there are plenty of people who have possitive results with the lyrica,  having not ever been actually perscribed it my self, Id never take it due to my docs reaction.   I only hope you can find something that will help.  I hope I didnt discourage you from seeking help, because if you push hard enough you'll find something that will help you.
Thanks for taking the time to post. Your post will help me make an informed decision. Good luck to you with your recovery.