Lyrica or Bust - The Day 18 Story
I am on day 18. I am doing well, but in pain from arthritis, nerve damage, and colitis. I remember my pain doctor wanted me to try Lyrica. I made an excuse that it was too expensive. He had me try an older generic, and of course I said it didn’t work. Now, I am thing about trying Lyrica to control my pain. However, reading the side affects it seems a bit scary and I want to be 100% mentally.

Is Lyrica a viable, or even a good non-narcotic option to control pain? Does it even work?

Thanks,

Jeff
Hello and congrats on 18 days clean!!!   What a major accomplishment.  

I take Lyrica and have for about 2 1/2 years.  My original Dr. started me out on a really high dose though and it made me retain water.  Then, after seeing my rheumatologist, he brought me down and am now at 75 mg.  I take it at night because it does make you sleepy.  I feel it does help me.  Any other info you are looking for, please let me know.
I have been taking Lyrica for nearly three years and swear by it for control of my neuropathy. The only side effect I've experienced is weight gain - about 12 lbs. Compared to the pain from the neuropathy, I'm ok with that.
I know it's different for everyone but I have tried lyrica and it didn't help at all my doc wanted me to try it before I got surgery for two cracks on my l5 vertabrae that eventually got fused and screws but it just didn't work my father also tried it for pain and it didn't work either neither one of us noticed any side effects tho it will prob help for the pain from nerve damage u talked about because I believe it's actually for nerve pain but I don't think it will help the arthritis pain but who knows like I said drugs r different for everyone so maybe it will help u.
Good luck
abritt