Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
MERCY

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

MERCY

Hello all. I couldn't find a better word for the title.
MERCY:
1. Compassionate treatment, especially of those under one's power; clemency.
2. A disposition to be kind and forgiving: a heart full of mercy.
3. Something for which to be thankful; a blessing: It was a mercy that no one was hurt.
4. Alleviation of distress; relief: Taking in the refugees was an act of mercy.

Well, today is day 4 for me and that word describes best how I feel about this forum and all of the people here! I can't say it enough, but here I go again: THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you doing a lot better? Day 4 for some is good and others not so. Keep hanging in there.
well said, i feel the same way. day 4 and you seem in good spirits. this is just the beginning of something special. thanks for sharing that journal entry with us and congrats on freedom.
I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!  : )     I could type that over and over and over.  What a beautiful thing to write as well.  Damn, I'm just so happy for you, and for your friendship.  Please keep in mind my right shoulder still works, as do my ears, so if you do need 'em, let 'er rip.  I'm hoping all will be smooth sailing.  Doesn't a bit of clarity make you feel so good too?  I keep forgetting by the way, I so wanna pet your dog.  Keep up the great work girlfriend!

Jacqui
Thank you all, yes I am doing good.
GoingToMakeIt....I am feeling pretty darn good today! I have had some wonderful inspiration this morning and it helps a lot!!!!
Jaqui....you're not that far away, I'll let you pet my dog!! LOL
Gizzy....I was shocked as I typed it, but I am sure you know where credit is due for me finally being able to release that all.....and thank you for taking the time to read and comment on it!
yes i do know where the credit is due, the women that posted the journal, that was you and only you. i know it took a lot to write that, but like you say, a huge release, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
OMG....I seriously think I am losing my mind!!!!!!!!!
One minute I am crying over posts, and the next I am laughing so hard I cry more just about reading about a "red dot".....how stupid am I?
Day 4...yes, i remember one minute laughing, the next minute crying...
You are NOT stupid...you are re-entering your life...hehe
Give some of that love to yourself...that you so freely give to all of us!!!

YOU GO GIRL <3<3<3
Thanks! I have been having minimal w/d which is great, but this emotional roller coaster BS is really getting the best of me at times! Its driving me crazy! I went and got my hair cut (just a little tho) and thought I was going to cry when the lady told me I had beautiful hair....WTH.....this is insane!!!
I felt almost normal on day 4 too....Our emotions start coming out that were masked by pills...can be a little overwhelming but feels good
Feels emotionally draining.....but yes, at least I am FEELING!!!!
I cried for 3 months BEFORE i even stopped...guess i was dealing w/ my grief that my love affair w/ vicodin would soon be over!!!  LOL

I commented on your journal entry...go read it and have ANOTHER cry...
i was crying while i read your entry and wrote my comment... lol

isn't it GREAT to FEEL again?!?!?!?!?  YEEEESSSSSS!!
OMG....I actually just wrote you a pm about your comment!!!! And yes I cried like a baby!!!!
Confused....you sound confused!???!!!  Don't worry, That's JUST how I felt, and SH**just how I feel still!  I'm emotional....it doesn't help that we're hormonal anyways.  You seem to be doind quite well on day 4!  I'm so happy you've had this forum on the hardest days!  You don't know how badly I wish I'd had you all during the WORST days of my life.  But I have you now....I guess that's all that matters.  <3 you all....  great job confused....  you'll have ups and downs...we all do.  but they feel good overall, just knowing you're beating this devil.  ;)