Marijuana and strokes
My spouse was (is) an alcoholic who quit drinking after 12 years but continued smoking pot, three times a day, everyday for  now going on 40 years.  He had a stroke one year ago, a growth on his thyroid which has expanded into his chest cavity.  The stroke caused minor cognitive impairment, forgetfulness, inability to recall numbers, words and names.  Perhaps anger management issues too.
The expanded portion of the growth measures 5 X 7 X 8 cm, long, wide and front to back.  Dental infections also flair up regularly.  Dental Hygiene is an issue.  Surgery is eminent for the growths.  With the news of the needed surgery, the regular, daily pot smoking has started up again.  He stops smoking for weeks at a time, proof, he believes, that he is not addicted.  

There have been other health issues, blood clots in lungs, chronic cough/ throat clearing, acid reflux, shortness of breath, overweight, high carb and high fat diet.

As I list these issues, I am not sure what the question is except, am I unreasonable to think this person could turn their health around if they stop smoking weed and eat healthier? It is hard to watch this behavior.

You know, I wish your post could be seen by everyone. There are people out there who think that pot is the last "safe" drug. It's ridiculous.

I'm sorry you are experiencing that. It must be hard. It's amazing to me that someone who is high, all day everyday yet, they don't think they have a problem. This disease is defined by denial. And that's what we addicts/alcoholics do when we don't get recovery: we substitute one substance for the other. If your hubby could get into recovery, that would be awesome.

For you, for serenity and support, I would suggest Alanon. It's for the loved ones of alcoholics/addicts. You will learn how to find peace whether the addict is using or not. And you will learn so much more about yourself and how to improve your own life. Can't recommend it enough.
Well, to answer your specific question: No, it's not at all unreasonable to think that. Look, I'm an opponent of the failed "War on Drugs". I think that cannaibs being illegal is hypocritical and wrong. With that said, I also think it's foolish to paint cannabis as being safe or harmless. It's a powerful mind-altering drug with the potential for abuse. It's certainly more benign than some other dangerous drugs like alcohol and methamphetamine, but that doesn't mean it's harmless. Good diet, exercise, and lower stress will always work to manage health problems.
Idk how much you can turn this around at this point. Sounds like he has multiple disease processes going on. However eating well and not smoking can only help.