Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Mars Hill/ Asheville North Carolina area Subutex Drs..

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been looking for a while now trying to find a new dr, it took me a while to find the one i got cause at the time i didn't have the money to pay for a visit and i was calling all the ones i could find and asking if they took insurance, well this one does and i just came across it randomly when i wasn't looking and decided to call after looking on their website and when i asked how much they asked if i had insurance and that would pay.So needless to say i needed in fast and they took insurance and most all other ones don't or won't and a couple weeks after going i knew it wasn't the right place for me due to al the bs you have to go through.. ie.. wait times from anywhere from 1:30-8pm and it's first come first serve so you already have to be there hours before your appt time plus you have to do group which is fine if i could take my kids or do it on a different day or at another place and you use to could but they changed everything cause due to them accepting insurance they can charge alot more per visit so they want more frequant visits (ive been going for about 8 months now and still have to go every 2 weeks and when you first start its once a week for a month) it takes too much gas and time to go there yes they take insurance but the cost of gas and my time and my kids isn't worth it. i am trying to find one in wearverville/mars hill/asheville nc, a good one. im on it for of course prior opiate addiction and pain management i would greatly appreciate anyones help witha doctor im trying to get into the clinics but no openings and no waiting lists and its just aggravating and i want to make sure that dr/place is right for me before i change over i wouldn't be stupid enough to go to both but i also don't want to change and then that place be worse then the one im at so im stuck at a crossroad.. if you can help thank you..
I have an excellent sub doctor who could get you in asap and is much cheaper and u only need to see him once a month it's $60 and the first visit is 200$. U also are required to go to outside therapy of your choice. He will prescribe u any comfort meds u need too. Only problem is I'm in mooresville which is an hour drive from you but it may be worth it since it's only once a month. First day u get a drug test answer questions and leave with a script u do not take the suboxone there. U go get it and take it whenever ur ready to start. He's very laid back and really cares about his patients and puts a lot of trust in them. PM me if u want anymore info. There's a few in statesville too but they suck.
Whats the name of the doctor in moorseville. I just moved there from kcmo and need tp find a doctor asap
I'm in Mooresville looking for a subutex doctor.. I've been on the strips and get sick everytime. My doctor said they can't give me a script of the subutex.. I've never tried it but I've heard that it helps alot and takes away cravings
ive been trying to find a new doctor myself, the clinic i go to is once a week and its $100 every week and then your medicine cost if u could send me the info id greatly appreciate it my email is ***@**** thanks
where is he at im not far from there and need help.  I work out of town and all I can get in is weekly  treatment.   please help
Hello i just read your post and i am actually in the same boat, however i do live in mooresville and i would really appreciate if you could help me out with a doctor i am trying to get in ASAP...i really need to find a doctor and get some subutex bc i am trying not to relapse! Thanks so much and god bless you!
hello i am in need of finding a sub doctor myself and i also live in mooresville, nc... i cant take suboxone bc it gives me bad headaches and makes me groggy feeling, so i am trying to find a doctor who wont give me a hard time and who will write me a script for subs..can you please help me out? i would really appreciate it!
Hi my name is Crisi, and I see in this webpage that you know a great sub doctor. I have been looking for a doctor myself and i seen that you were nice enough to reply and help someone and I was curious if you could help me the same way. That would be wonderful! my email is.....   ***@****      .....If you could and don't mind please email me. I live in Statesville and I see that you said your doctor is very cheap compared to the doctor's I have called,and a lot of the doctor's also wanna have you come in everyday to get your dose of sub and I can't do that with my job or pay there outregous prices. I hope to hear from you soon!
Welcome to the forum.  The thread that you have posted on dates back to 2012 and none of the people who posted on this thread are active on the substance abuse forum any longer so you probably won't hear from them.

Unfortunately, your personal email was blocked because MedHelp protects the privacy of all those who post on here.  We have a "private message" option though, so you could try that....hover over the forum name you want to contact....and a box will drop down....select "send message".

Just in case you haven't called and interviewed all the sub dr's in your area, here's a link for you:

http://www.buprenorphine-doctors.com/suboxone-doctors/North-Carolina-NC.cfm?c=Statesville

If you want to post a question on the current forum board.....just go to the top and click on the orange post a question button.
Can I please have the number and name of your dr. I am going to a clinic and I hate it. I am trying to find a new Dr no one will take new patients. My email Is ***@**** I would really like to give this one a try. Thank You Lori