Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
May need surgery disappointed

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

May need surgery disappointed

If I have to have surgery I will need to be on pain meds for a few weeks. Will this be long enough to have to go thru the horrible w/d? I certainly hope not!! I'm very disappointed and don't want to be on pain meds. I know they will be necessary for a few weeks unfortunately. Has anyone been in this situation before? Any advice? Thanks
Here at the Waismann Method of rapid detox, we receive a large number of patients with chronic pain who have to go through additional surgeries and/or pain treatment after rapid detox.   Awareness of the possibility of dependency is very important.  

Try to use non-narcotics intermediately to aid the strength of the narcotics so you do not increase opiate dosage.  Also, make sure to transfer to non-addictive pain medication as soon as you feel that you can, even if you have to take an opiate a couple of times per week until you are healed.

I hope you have a safe surgery and easy recovery. All the best.
I had Bilateral Inguinal Hernia Repair in 2012. It was a very painful recovery. The doc prescribed Vicoprophen for 1 month with a refill. I only took for 3 days and tossed the rest. It was painful yes, but I remembered how painful the detox was years ago and decided the pain from the surgery wasnt as bad as pain accompanied with all the other stuff that comes with detox. (Sleepless night, bathroom issues, depression, anxiety, restless leg, nausea, etc...etc)

Good luck with the surgery...remember, just cus the doc prescribes it doesn't mean you have to take it for that duration.