Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Med free nightmare

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Med free nightmare

I was on 8mg klonopin per day for about 2 years.  I have been med free for 6 weeks.  My psychiatrist says I absolutely should not be experiencing withdrawal symptoms.  However, I am so dizzy I feel like I am going to fall over.  When I walk it is as if everything under me is moving.  There is a constant noise in my head and at times I can hardly feel my hands and feel.  I itch all over like something is crawling on me.  I know I am not imagining these things but my doc blows me off and says this is normally the way I would have felt all along without the meds.  This makes no sense to me.  Can anyone identify and offer some help.  I am contemplating going back on the meds because I cannot take this.
hi
that is allot of klonipin (klonopin), I took xanax for 20 years then dr switched me to klonopin. But  I started suboxine in June so now I take 4 mg a day valium for anxiety.
I have never heard of someone getting dizzy although I am sure people do. When ever I ran out of xanax my ears rang all the time, so that I can relate to.Also skin crawling or itching is very common in withdrawls. So maybe you still are. Sounds like it.
Since your psych doesn't beleive you do you have a family dr? You should call him. And always if you ever feel that bad call 911 or go to the emergency room b/c they will always help you.
It's really hard to get off benzo's so I am not surprised that you are still having symptoms.
Hang in there b/c the worse is over and now you can look ahead to a life drug free. It's isn't till now that I see what a cloud my mind was on xanax. I was living in a big cloud.
good luck to you
paaddict