Med free nightmare
I was on 8mg klonopin per day for about 2 years.  I have been med free for 6 weeks.  My psychiatrist says I absolutely should not be experiencing withdrawal symptoms.  However, I am so dizzy I feel like I am going to fall over.  When I walk it is as if everything under me is moving.  There is a constant noise in my head and at times I can hardly feel my hands and feel.  I itch all over like something is crawling on me.  I know I am not imagining these things but my doc blows me off and says this is normally the way I would have felt all along without the meds.  This makes no sense to me.  Can anyone identify and offer some help.  I am contemplating going back on the meds because I cannot take this.
hi
that is allot of klonipin, I took xanax for 20 years then dr switched me to klonopin. But  I started suboxine in June so now I take 4 mg a day valium for anxiety.
I have never heard of someone getting dizzy although I am sure people do. When ever I ran out of xanax my ears rang all the time, so that I can relate to.Also skin crawling or itching is very common in withdrawls. So maybe you still are. Sounds like it.
Since your psych doesn't beleive you do you have a family dr? You should call him. And always if you ever feel that bad call 911 or go to the emergency room b/c they will always help you.
It's really hard to get off benzo's so I am not surprised that you are still having symptoms.
Hang in there b/c the worse is over and now you can look ahead to a life drug free. It's isn't till now that I see what a cloud my mind was on xanax. I was living in a big cloud.
good luck to you
paaddict