Medication to help get off Vicodin
Hi, I need some help here. I want to quit vics but I cant do it cold turkey and weening off isnt working. I know there are drugs you can take to help get off vicodins. Has anyone here been perscribed any of these drugs and how did it work for you? Also, what was the drug and were there any side effects?
I would advise of talking to your doctor to see what is right for you.  Good luck to you and you can do it!!!
I feel like I'm in no place to give advice here, as I'm back on my Vics and beginning to plan a taper, however, the last time I went through detox I know that Xanax helped with my anxiety and Ambien did help with my sleep. I have heard all the Thomas Recipes suggestions but I just felt that after being a heavy opiate user and going c/t they just did nothing to help me. I wish they did. Obviously I would try the Thomas recipe suggestions first, as you don't want to get hooked on Xanax or Ambien and just basically swap addictions. But Xanax and Ambien weren't very interesting to me but they did help through the withdrawals. I hope this helps.

Wish me luck, I'm going to trying taper myself soon. C/t just wasn't for me sadly.

Good luck to you!
I was prescribed clonidine which is used for high blood pressure as well as opiate w/d.It helped so much w/a lot of symptoms and I had xanax for the severe anxiety from w/d as well although I hear other benzos r better because they r longer acting.Also immodium.
Immodium to a person experiencing w/d is a godsend. For sure!
I can't do cold turkey either. I went for 2 days and I was literally screaming. I then went to taper and that aint working. I sent my Dr an e-mail asking to see him to get some advice from him.

How does Immodium help with w/d?
Did it help with the sweating and the restless leg syndrome?
Immodium is for diarreah.Hylands restful legs or the other hylands for leg cramps I think thats what it is helps w/the RLS.Also bananas,potassium suplements too.all can b found at Walmart.As for the sweating not sure
I find a massage or accupunture will help in thse situations. These are expensive but not being dependent on a pill is worth all the money in the world.
You're asking about drugs to get off Vicodin?  Aside from the already mentioned...there is Suboxone or Methadone. You can ask your doctor about them. Use them with caution!