Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Meds for crack addition

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Meds for crack addition

Is there any medication out there that would ween someone off crack cocaine? My boyfriend seems to really want to stop after trying for about 2 months max, trying over and over again, he thought maybe i'll give up beer and smoking weed only to find himself back to the pipe. Is there anything that my take the edge off when he starts to get simptoms.
  • Crack Hell! (72 replies):
    I have just ended a year long relationship with a 15 yea...[more]
  • crack (3 replies):
    I have been smoking crack for 4yrs.up till this last mon...[more]
  • Crack withdrawals (16 replies):
    Someone please help i'm going through crack cocaine with...[more]
  • what can exspect (5 replies):
    my on inlaw is smoking crack and we want to help him he ...[more]
  • Crack (11 replies):
    What is it about crack that is so addicting, & How do yo...[more]
i have never smoked crack although i did have a very hefty coke addiction.  there are no physical w/d symptoms when coming off coke.  however the mental addiction is one of the hardest there is to get past.  the cravings are very hard to get through.  it can be done.  i have over 5 years clean from coke.  so let me know what symptoms you are talking about
The mental addiction is so difficult.  I never had a problem walking away from that...thank God it does not bring about the physical withdrawals so many here are bothered with daily.
The most important thing is that he must want to quit...and make certain changes in life.  We cannot expect different results until we try a different approach.
Best of luck and comtinue posting, this forum is filled with supportive and compassionate people.
Peace
THIS will and does work.1,Send him ti the Dealer with no Money 2SELL all jewelry including (HIs and Her Wedding rings) 3, MY popint is honey,this mother-f-ing drug is evil and i know from experience,IM not MOKING YOU,IVE done worse,way worse,but WE HOPEFULLY are ALL still GOOD LOVING people,not as bad as this evil **** can make us. THIS drug can and will make us (ALL EVIL). BUT i was going either to shoot myself in the head,or buy enough heroin to O>D>, HONEY what helped me was this forum,as i was close to my end,and brother to look at me at 6-3 and 240 im no Candy-***,but the f-in **** didnt give a dam of what or who MR> johnny thinks he is.IN Cracks BOOK I WAS AN ******* (BIG_TIME) my friend and you  people are as I give a F WHAT Happens to YOU and I know YOU CARE for me to AS ADDICTS have feelings. WE are sick now,but that will pass. YOUR friend in TORONTO, CANADA john
there is a med for crack addiction, but it does not work very well according to a friend of mine. he had terrible nightmares, and relapsed 2 weeks later , while taking the med.
if he really wants to stop, and i mean for real, he needs to check into rehabs. if he doesnt like the idea of an inpatient rehab, have him check into severe outpatient programs... if that doesnt appeal to him, he needs to go to an NA/AA meeting every day for 30 days strait!!  cocaines mentall power is the problem for us, we can go a minute and not use, then the mentall pull gets ya every time, so aftercare like NA is a must. another thing will help him~~ God!! He can pull us all up, if we let him.
sad fact is tho, unless he is willing to toughen up and fight his butt off, he will continue to fall into the same circle of addiction, we get wut we get when we do wut we do!!
PEOPLE PLACES THINGS he needs to look at those, and change em. ne more questions im here for ya, he can do this,if he wants it bad enough....

MEDHELP- please quit deleting my post, im jus tryin to show a lil love...
good post newmanagement