Meetings Name?????
hi guys just wanted to know if anyone could tell me what the name for the meetings are for people taking pills. I know some of u had said there are specific ones for meds. I know its not AA or NA can someone tell me the name so i can look them up in my area thank u!
NA  Narcotics Anonymous  These meetings cover all drug addictions including pills. If you google Narcotics Anonymous you'll find all the info for meetings in your area.
I have heard on accassion of meetings for say pills anonymous.The problem with getting that particular is attendance. The idea is good but, Like Magi stated N.A. covers any and all pills/substance use etc.I would contact your local substance treatment centre and say.I would like treatment if possible with people that have problems with percocet,oxycontin,tramadol etc.If they say an addict is an addict say,yes.Although i would like my specific question dealt with,and i am, not being rude.I would just at first feel more comfortable in that format.Give it a try. Your friend in recovery john
NA/AA meetings are great for all addicts, as we all tend to do the same things in our addcitons. If you are uncomfortable being at one of those meetings go to the chairperson and ask for info. on pills anonymous meetings. As John  said tho, it may be hard to find these in your area. Good luck , keep postin, much love...
their national number is....1-818-773-9999
website is    www.na.org
look them up and they can give you times and locations for meetings...In my area we have a good many but have found an AA group that I think I fit in better with although I do not have a drinking problem..it is the same basic 12 steps...you can also buy the NA book online and it is good reading for about 12 dollars...my NA groups here were mostly  IV drug abusers and a little out of my league but I went for a couple of months and found this group...some are pill takers too....you may have to shop around til u find a group u like