Meloxicam
Can anyone please tell me what Meloxicam is? I was prescribed this after my recent neck surgery and have to pick it up tonight. Are there are addictive qualities to it? I was addicted to vicodin before and don't want to get back into that. If you take more than you should, what can it do to you? I just want to be prepared. Thank you so much.
It sounds like it is only an anti-inflammatory, below is a link to the Wiki description:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meloxicam
they are a very good med this is what i take now if i ever have back pain and yes it is an anti inflam but it is stronger than naproxen or ibprofen this is the med that helped my pain while i was in withdrawals and now that i am clean i no longer have pain because most of my left over back pain from surgery was my brain making me hurt so i would use med so now if i ever do have pain i take a mobic(thats the brand name for meloxicam) and about 20 minutes later i no longer hurt and it is not addictive at all it is just like motrin or something it is just a good bit stronger because instead of 800 mg you will take just a 15mg mobic and it helps more that the 800
hope that answers your question and i would def recommend giving it a try because it helps me ALOT when i have pain

good luck
Abritt
Thank you so much. I am going to give it a try for sure. I am hoping that it helps. I am sick of being in pain and nothing helping. I was taking Ultram for awhile and I just didn't care for it. Thanks again.
Hi Danielle!

I have been wondering where you have been and if you are alright. So glad to hear from you! The Meloxicam is an NSAID much like Ibuprophen, just stronger, kind of like the 800 mg Ibuprophen. It should help quite a bit and has absolutely no potential for addiction, so its a great choice!

I am sorry to hear that you are still suffering, but i think this will help.

Send me a message sometime soon to let me know how you are and whatcha been up to, have missed you.

All the best,
Jacky
Thank you so much for the information.  I have been clean for 9 days and am in severe pain from cleaning my house.  I was afraid to take anything, but found the meloxicam my doctor had prescribed a few months ago. I now feel safe to get relief.   Again, thank you.
Meloxicam is considered a strong Motrin, but this meloxicam knocked me out for 24 hours.  My husband was soon prescribed it and he also hated it.  You cannot drive or read, just sleep.

Meloxicam is a pain killer, very strong, and doctors are acting like it is just motrin.  It is not.  It puts you in a coma.  Very strong and very bad
I was having horrible tooth pain with abcess. Dr. prescribed Meloxicam. No, it doesn`t get you high but it does relieve the pain. It`s nearly impossible nowadays for a doctor to prescribe opiates such as Vicodin, and if they do prescribe it, they only prescribe a few, like 10-20. The Pharmaceutical companies are gradually switching over to these non-addictive drugs. I bet in 10 years, there will be no Vicodin, but I could be wrong. They are coming out now with pain medication that is non-addictive, even for severe pain. I guess it`s bad news for the addicts.  
I have been prescribed every NSAID under the sun....Meloxicam included.  It is non-addictive and kind of an Ibuprofen intensified.  Did u have any questions or issues about this med?
Best of luck to you!