Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Mental games/ tracker a good tool

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Mental games/ tracker a good tool

Im writing this ,because it was very easy for me to quit. i went threw wd, thinking it was going to be hell on earth.. it was ruff , and i never want to do it again. bbut not as bad. some of you ask me , how am i doing.. for the most part fine.. but today my mind acting up.. My mind today was like, take a pill.. Very strong urge,out of no where.. It's been weeks since I thought about a pill. The only reason I think I felt this way was ,my neighbor wanted pills so bad.. she ran up and the street looking for them.. knock on my door asking if i had any. she was one of the reason i said no more. she went to the ER,said her brain hurts.. Was tested for menagtis ..had them stick a needle in her spine.. Just to get 15  percot... It's scary the thing we will do for this drug. I pray she gets help.  Me I fine.. I decided to check my tracker.. 94/91 days.. There no way in heck I'm messing that up.. Stay Strong
Tags: pills, spine, drugs
great job!!!    yes we will be tested by other humans.Just make sure you don't have access and don't hang around with people who do and it will make it easier. What do they say? If you hang around the barber shop long enough you're going to choke on a hairball?  no.. that's not it   oh well you get it lol
That is awesome!  You have come so far, way too far to turn back now.  Very inspiring!  Keep it up :)
Are you getting any "skin on" time with other recovering addicts or talking to some?
You are doing great so keep it going.  Surround yourself with healthy clean people. Stay away from your neighbor, you know too much about what she has done and how many pills she has.  That info usually gets our brain kicked in to gear.  What are you doing for aftercare?
I'm  just back to living. I'm roller skating 3 times a week. In the gym 6 days a week. Working part time.... I'm not tempted by pils at all. I'm still watching my husband take his.. I pray every time he takes them.. He do to have a knee replacement.. I also had dental work,I didn't even take a Motrin.. Thank you guys for being here...
Wow!  Keep up the good work!   Sorry I'm sure it's very hard when a friend asks for pills and gets ur mind thinking about pills again.  Try and think  of all the reasons u don't want it!!  U r doing so great!!!  Proud of u.
I et all the physical activity helps tremendously.  Great Job on that.  I love worming out!!  Kinda of obsessed w that too. Lol
** Bet all.  Silly phone. Sorry.
Lol
Congrats Missshawn :) Sounds like you're doing a fantastic job! Just remember...if your mind keeps acting up and whispering to you to take something, make sure you go get some support before you listen to what it says! This disease is tricky and will pop in and out for the rest of our lives...make sure you have the tools (some support) to stay clean and keep it at bay...