Meth & rubbing alcohol
My boyfriend is acting strange.  Locking himself in the bathroom for hours at a time claiming he is cleaning it except when he is done it is no cleaner then when he went in.  I found bags laying around which he did admit was meth.  But now I noticed he is clinging to a bottle of rubbing alcohol.  I looked at his body for needle marks and so far don't see any.  What could he be doing in there for hours and why is he holding on so tight to rubbing alcohol?  Is alcohol used in the smoking process?
this is your boyfriend?  you're not married?

RUN LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL ! ! ! ! !
Run forest run !!!
It's used in the process of making Meth. Perhaps he's making meth in your bathroom with all of the "cleaning materials" and then taking his little lab apart when he's done.
i'm not really "up" on the process of making meth...but i thought that it had to be cooked and that there was a definite smell from the process.  can that be done in a bathroom??????
It can be done in your car.
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Get outa there as fast as you can. you don't wanna understand, believe me. And you sure don't wanna get involved in the misery this is all gonna bring right in your living room. Think about yourself. When drugs are in the story, it isn't a love story anymore. Well it is, but the love is for the drug...
Best of luck to you.
xoxoxo. sophie.
good advise get out while the getting is good. He probably shooting speed and it gets real ugly real fast.
If it were a bottle of hand lotion I wouldn't worry as much as this bottle of  rubbing alcohol.  You do have a problem here..........you really need to think about this.

I wish you the best.

luv,
nauty.............
Hey I agree with you Naughty one. But it only took me about 30 minutes with some lotion.
if you couldnt find track marks or there was no smell he could be shooting it in his eye....sounds gross but ive seen it before....im sorry to hear this you dont deserve nor nobody else, my advice to you is get out while you can.
j34
My bf used to lock himself in the bathroom too! I know how I felt angry ,scared, frustrated. I had to let him go I tried sticking it out and I hated him and resented him which in turn did not help him in him trying to recover .He is now in a recovery house with almost 4 months clean and we date and have our ups and downs. I would like to suggest a support group for you there is Al anon and Nar anon. They are groups for families of people in addiction and it really is great to have a support group and learn about what is what in this terrible situation. .As a recovering addict myself I know from personal experience that when I was being enabled by my loved ones I did not want to change cause it did n't hurt that bad but when I ended up on the streets,on and off for two yrs I finally admitted powerlessness and got help from Na and Aa today I am clean and loving life. I wish you well and if you have any questions just ask me and I will try to answer
None of these answers are any help...
they dont answer what he could be doing with the alcohol or how he may be using it in some fashion to get high. All it says is he's an addict and you should leave.

I know many addicts and they need help. Not to be abandoned. Most addicts already have a low sense of self worth. Shunning them will only create a more distraught addict. Leading to more drug use.
I know recovering addicts and I know struggling addicts.

I too want to know what's up with the 91% alcohol. I'd rather confront the people I love with knowledge. To help them. Sometimes it's not just a boyfriend,  it's a brother or a mother or a child.
I know there is no answer in this comment either, but hopefully the next person to comment could actually share some knowledge and facts about what's actually happing in the situation.
Your very sweet it sounds like, but sweetheart sometimes true love hurts. Just remember this, even a drowning man will pull u down with him by not meaning to. So don't drown with him, if he's not wanting to help himself , you gotta let go.
Good luck to you.
Also, try an Intervention.
First off, if you have children kick the down.
Second, it only takes a few minutes to clean a bathroom. If it's your place why R u Letting him stay in their for hours? Obviously he's doing something, I mean c'mon now, 2 hours??? 8f you really love the person kick the freaking door down and say what's up .