Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Meth and Pain killers

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Meth and Pain killers

My boyfriend and I have only been dating a couple of months, both knowing of each others long term addictions, this brought us closer because we had so much in common- dealing with the same common issues that go along with addiction, ie withdrawals, lying to ourselves, lying to others, pain, depression, anxiety, distancing from friends and family, guilt, trust issues because we don't trust ourselves, this long list goes on forever as it juggles and perpetuates!  He and I have been using meth-amphetamines in large amounts, for the past few months, staying up for a couple of days at a time, 3 at the most, and have both been on this emotional roller coaster of feeding our addictions, while trying to carry on a relationship. We know we love each other but have hurt each other while battling these demons, while he has even questioned if what brought us together was the meth addiction. Sure, it was a common denominator, probably brought us together but I believe that it's not what drew us closer, loving each other. I do not feel there is any drug out there that can make you love or hate another. With all of this being said, he and I are truly seeking help, and want to do it the right way - avoiding withdrawals, hurt, pain, minimal quilt, and the avoidance of constant temptation clawing at our back sides!! We want and need to quit and are desperate for some much needed unanswered questions. I have began my attempt by changing my phone number, so there isn't the temptation of dealers, other users, or addicts calling with an outlet I may at the moment want or feel the need to take. Knowing of the journey of the long road we are to face ahead, we know addictions are something that me have to battle on our own, also know that we can help each other and do not want our decision to seek the right path to hinder our relationship and feelings toward each other. Thank you for listening and we are very open to suggestions and or comments.
It is wonderful that you both are supporting each other on the road to recovery. There are a number of different options for treatment…There is medical rapid detoxification in the hospital ( you can check at opiates.com), there are 30 days treatment centers ( where they usually help you with oral medication through the withdrawal and group support), there is titrating down ( what requires tremendous discipline and it can be quite lengthy).You should discuss with him all options and choose what is right for you both. Wish you great success…