Methadone - Split daily dose vs' all at once
Hi everyone. Got a question for those of you who like me who are currently reducing their daily methadone. Do many of you split your daily dose in two or do you take it all at once. I have found that if I take it all at once, by the next morning I am really feeling rough. However, if I split the dose, I don't feel as comfortable during the day but I feel better during the night and the next morning after the seconf dose. My doc says that I should take it all at once in the morning but I definitely prefer splitting it. I know those who get their daily dose from a methadone clinic don't have this option but I would really like to hear from anyone who has experience with this. God bless, Graeme.
ive just started splitting my dose and man wot a differance.i have dropped down from 155mgs to 55mgs at 5mgs p/w.i now take 40mgs in the am and the rest b4 i go 2 bed.i still feel rough but am at least getting sum sleep now.i wish id done it sooner.
Hi there.  My g/f who is on 320 mgs of methadone per day for chronic pain takes two 40 mg tablets at a time every 6 hours. She said it doesnt help her pain that much and just takes the edge off.  
when i was pregnant i was up to 200mg and split it and i was on a clinic.it does make quite a bit of differance.now im back down to 130mg single dose tapering down and every morning i wake up ill.when i had the split dose i was fine but i moved from ny city to daytona fl and things here are totally differant.i would continue with the split and drop down 10mg but 5 from each dose.i wish i was still on a split dose it makes u feel in control (almost)
I have tried both and split dose all the way and if I take it all in the morn the first few days I am sleepy a few hours after but at night I am I'll irritable agitated and do not sleep but if I split dose I am not Ill or Anything and I sleep great I just find somedays a few hours before night dose I feel like I am slightly withdrawing nothing major or that I can not handle but in the UK I asked my go and he said some ppl need split dose as there body's metabolism uses it faster than others but mainly its what you feel comfortable with goodluck