Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Methadone & Rapid detox

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Methadone & Rapid detox

my daughter started on a methadone clinic and wants to get off that too, but it seems every place you look they put you on somthing else.  Does the rapid detox work
The rapid detox works as fare as the physical aspect of the addiction,but the psychological,that the one we have the most problem with. its not stopping,its staying stopped,moreover its 5000.o0 to 8000.oo for the rapid detox,to much to pay in my opinion.
It is really quite dangerous. There have been recorded deaths from it. I have never done it myself, but from what I hear, I would not recommend it.

Her best bet is to taper down then go cold turkey, or she could do a short term Suboxone program.

Good Luck. I am sure if you are patient, others will be by tonight.
Rapid or c/t detox off of Methadone is not at all recommended from what I've heard. A long drawn out taper is best.
You didn't mention how long she has been on Methadone. That and her doses. I know there are others here far more qualified to help. But they will want to know term length & doses too. I have heard that the w/d is very hard because it lasts at least twice as long as those getting off opiates.
she started at 100mg  in sept. off oxy. she went to the methadone clinic without me knowing about her addiction.  I think it would have been better detox off the oxycontin than this methadone. they havn't lowered her doses at all yet.
Methadone maintenance is designed to keep addicts on methadone. They make it very difficult to get off through rules an regulations. That, how hard it is to get off of physically, and the fact that and no help is offered for physical after care to speak of, makes for around a 96% failure rate for people trying to get off methadone. If you have the money, then Ibogaine detox (out of country only) has had good success.
Otherwise, most MMT patients have to do it the old fashioned way, tapering slowly down and using whatever medications and supplements they can get from the doctor/health food store to get through it. It can take up to a year or two to fully recover physically. You have to think of  your detox as if you were getting over a bad bout of cancer. It's something of a full time job getting over it.

I've been coming off it for two years now, and am down to about 3 milligrams. It's taken work, planning, and not a little suffering.
I'm not familar with lbogaine, what is it?  Have you ever tried thr rapid detox? When you say whatever medications and supplements aren't you just going to another addiction?
Ibogaine is...well...all I know is it's a $15,000 detox you have to go out of country for. It's a hallucinogenic that has the added side effect of cancelling out withdrawals (supposedly, didn't hear this first hand).

Rapid detox I haven't done, but I did a post about a few people I talked to who tried it. Their reports varied, only two of four of them staying clean from what they said.
They did say they didn't suffer any withdrawals but the experience left them, for lack of a better description, haunted. I suppose they meant it's subconsciously traumatic.

By supplements I just mean vitamins and amino acid therapy. Otherwise, clonidine or a similar blood pressure med to alleviate the symptoms some. People vary on using valium or xanax to help with sleep. Some are against it, Some swear by it. All agree there's a danger of cross addiction if you over do it.

I personally plan to use it after the initial withdrawals just to get a few nights sleep. I figure if I can get two nights sleep out of seven, I'll stay sane. :)