Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Methadone Side affects

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Methadone Side affects

My Question is, can methadone make it hard to urinate?? Does it cause you to get very blurry vision?? And last, does Methadone make it difficult to have a bowel movement?? Any help would be great...thanks so much :)
I don't know much about that medicine, but there are people on here that do..Just keep checking sometimes it's slow here but someone will help you.
Hang in there!!!
bobby
Lord yes. :)

Constipation and methadone go hand in hand (just like diarrhea and withdrawing). Take a stool softener...no fiber! At least, it won't help.

I hate to get specificially yucky, but pick up one of those "fleet enema" kits. If very bad, you can have issues with tearing and hemorrhoids.

As to urinating and blurry vision...I'd say your dose is too high. Any opiate can cause the body to be to relaxed so you can't contract the muscles to urinate.