Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Methadone Treatment Insurance Please Help

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Okay my name is Chad i was usein  oxy 80's about 10 a day then i whent to heroin for about 2 months then i desides to gt help i have been in the methadone clinic for abouta year now i am on 80 Mgs witch do me good for the mos part till late at night and the next morning till i go i am kinda not feeling that good but what i am askin is about insurance the clinic does not take insurance i have caresource witch i have called over and over and they tel me i need to go to the docture and get on the pills witch is gunna be hard to do plus i am additic but  i dont understand there is like 2 people out of the 500 people that go to the clinic that has to pay for the methadome and the insurane pays them back when they send in the paper work like a month later but they are turning me down and i don understand  there is a clinic  by Hollwood Casino called EITC witch i heard starting taking caresource about 2 or 3 months ago i dont understand how it can be so hard to get my insurance to help me  when they help here and help people there i have looked on line everywhere and cant seem to find anything about or seem to find any body talking about the samething that i am please if anybody know what i am talkin about know of anything about it o even know of ny Links of people talking about the same thing could help me out would begreat if u ned to know anything else please let me know thank u
The only way to get the pills from a doctor would be if they are prescribed for pain. It would also take a great deal of pain to be put on methadone. It really isn't prescribed much for pain yet but is getting a little more popular. Even if you were prescribed them for pain I don't think they would even put you on a dose anywhere near 80mg. I have a friend who is prescribed them for pain and he is prescribed 5mg 3 times a day. He is also in a lot of pain and it does the trick for him.
Does your insurance know that you want them to cover at a methadone clinic? They might be thinking you are trying to get them to cover from a pain management doctor.
I know this isn't much help but not real sure about how all that would work. Hopefully someone will come along soon and be able to help you out. I didn't think any insurance covered a methadone clinic but can't say for sure. I thought it was cash payment only.
Hope you can find the answers you need. There's a member here named gnarly that may be of some help.
Best of luck to you.
Brian
bmdad,  i am not tring to get the pills but over here in cincinnati they are not that hard to get put on but what u was saying about al clinic u thought was pay here i thought that to till the bigest clinic in a 50 ratis they have like 3,000 people and they just started TAKING IT  three months ago but u have to have caresource witch i have but i cant drive 30 miles a day  monday hru friday  to muh driving also  i said there was 2people getting paid back from tcaresource they have to pay at the clinic but them when u send in the paper work every month they py u back and when i call caresourse they act like they dont know what i am talking about but a real close friend i was with when she got her fit check for 500 dollars 2 days ago i just dont get it
call caresource and explain your situation and find out what you need to do to get your treatment covered.

Also, this forum is more for ppl trying to get off meds... you might get better info at the Pain Management forum.

Good Luck!
nobody is really got any info or heard of a the clinic taking insurance
Insted of trying to find better ways to get Done.... Try getting off them, my father has been hooked for years and still is and its hell for us (his family) he is so kooked. he gets mean and mentaly abuseive to me and my mother hell ho his own grand kids... he gets abit heavy on the hand as well... no one helps us... his doc just keeps dishing them out to him... Some of you dont know what your doing to your self and the ones around you... at age 15 I could not even have friends over cause he was falling asleep or going off for NO REASON. and i did not know how to explain to another 15 or 16 yeaor old what the deal was... its been so bad as to... It was me hijm my mom and my kids living in one house we had like no food and only a half gal of milk and we were pawning **** for food for my kids... at the time and still i cant work due to cancer treatment.... any how a lady moeved in nextdoor and she was on DONE and he pops 150 bucks out his pocket that he had been HIDING from us and gout them from the nabior he let us go hungry..... stop hurting your selfs and others and get clean please. you just dont know how bad it hurts... im 23 now and living BACK with mom and dad cause im scared to leave them do to theis... its too much... if any on has any advice let me know the short story you have herd is just like 2% of the deal its becoming to much to bare......
***@****
NOT EVERYONE CAN JUST "GET OFF OF THEM" HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT THIS PERSON TAKES METHADONE BECOUSE IT KEEPS HIM/HER OFF THE STREETS SHOOTING HERION OR STEALING AND ROBBING FOR OXYCONTINS?? IT TAKES SEVERAL WEEKS IF NIT MINTHS TO "GET OFF" THESE HARD DRUGS,  sOME PEOPLE CANT JUST SET IN THERE BED FOR MONTHS FIGHTING THROUGH WITHDRAWL (withdrawal) SYMPTOMS.  PEOPLE GO TO METHADONE CLINICS SO THEY CAN LIVE A SOMEWHAT NORMAL LIFE, GET THERE LIFE STRAIGHT WITH A JOB OR GET THEIR KIDS BACK FROM SOCIAL SERVICES, THEN THEY SEE THEIR LIFE GOING IN A GREAT DIRECTION THEN THEY DETOX SLOWLY OFF OF METHADONE. IF PEOPLE JUST "QUIT TAKING" THEM THEY WOULD DIE FROM WITHDRAWL (withdrawal) OR IN THE STREETS FOM USING.  ALSO HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT THIS SPECIFIC PERSON HAS TRIED GEETING OFF OF HERION OR OXYS AND THIS IS WHY THEY ARE IN A METHADONE TREATMENT PROGRAM NOW.. WOW PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER USED AND BEEN THERE REALLY DONT GET IT
hh
ofr starters i hate to be rude...but come on... if u really had it that bad then first off when did u have the time to have your babys daddy over to have your babbies.. second off why are you still at home?? and third off why you putting your kids in danger..sounds like daddy isnt the onlyone on DONE..or whatever you called it.