Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Methadone addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Methadone addiction

My mum has been on methadone for at least 25 years, she was put on it as she was a heroin addict. I am not sure how much she takes a day but am sure it is more than she is prescribed as sometimes when we see her she can't hold a conversation with you and is totally not with it, I know that se also takes vallium. Me and my sisters don't know what to do as we have looked into rehab but just can't afford it!! We would do anything to help her, is it dangerous to just make her go cold turkey
HI YOU need to have your mom ween off the methadone slowly if she talksc to the clinic they can come up with a taper plan for her as for mixing the valuim with it that is out right dangerous you need to get her off that combo right away but again you need to taper off benzos also this is nothing you can do over night but with time you can set her free I was on 150mg of the stuff it took 8 1/2 mo to get off and 90 days to recover so you got to be in it for the long haul stick around the forum you will learn a lot here and its never to later to quit Billy quit after 23yr and is doing well so even long term use can be broken good luck and God bless.......Gnarly
Thank you so much fr your advice, everyone has been a real help, starting to feel like there is hope for her