Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Methadone adverse reaction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Methadone adverse reaction

This is my first time to take a methadone tablet and I took two because the first one wasn't working. I took them for extreme pain associated with interstitial cystitis and pelvic pain due to a cystic ovary that ruptured, causing peritonitis.The Medical community that I see are reluctant to prescribe anything that I tell them that works when I have these problems, which is not all of the time. I don't understand that. It pushes people to find pain relief that is oftentimes not ideal and dangerous besides as I don't really know what strength of pills I took. I am worse now. I am having some problems with the side affects and posssibly interactions with other medications that I regularly take. I am afraid to go to sleep for fear I will stop breathing. My skin is breaking out in rashes and I am experiencing a lot of itching. My blood pressure will not stabilize and I am getting scared. My stomach is swollen and I have urinary retention(just what I don't need with the IC) Is it safe to take Phenobarbital for seizures(something I normally am prescribed) and lorazepam as my neck is getting stiff Maybe from stress or sheer terror of what I have done. When will this methadone wear off??? Please if you are there ,talk to me. I feel as though I am extremely nauseated. I took these methadone pills about 9 hours ago, been up all night .Can I go to sleep now? Please help. Diana641
diania ,
call your doctor NOW . What streagth were the methadone tabs?
DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE...it is completley dangerous...if what your describing persists for much longer you need to go to the E.R.  you should NOT mix any benzo with methadone..as for the other meds..I am not sure..I took methadone in liquid form so i wouldn't know the strength of the pill/wafer you took..look it up on the net..google it. methadone has a very long 1/2 life and will be in your system for about 36 hrs..depending on your metablism..how strong of an opiate are you used to taking and how often..with methadone..one persons dose can be anothers death..I am not trying to scare you more but that is nothing to play around with..
You need to call your Dr or go to the ER..
are you here hun??
you really need to go to the hospital right away..do not take any other meds until you get to the hospital and let them stabilize your blood pressure...
i think you should at least call someone to watch you if u don't want to go to the hospital
this is what I got on my intercation program Safety Summary: Your medication check has detected interactions involving METHADONE and LORAZEPAM, and identified at least one medication with an orange risk rating. This means you may require closer monitoring of your medications in order to reduce your risk of serious side-effects (click on each drug for more details).

Plz let us know if you are OK
can you describe the pill to us..please post back ..we are worried about you.
Thank you for being so caring to contact me. I'm still hanging in there. Trying to stay awake. I'm so sorry I did this and I am afraid to go to the hospital because a friend gave these pills to me and I don't want to get her into trouble. The pill---- it is round and white and scored on one side, the other side has 54 at the top and 142 below the first number. I haven't googled it yet as I want to write back to let you know I am alright for now--I think.
I am going to go look right now
avis will let you know what strength....don't go to sleep yet ok..you aren't used to taking strong opiates on a regular basis are you?  methadone is very very strong..
you don't have to tell the hospital where you got it..and tell your friend in the future to not just hand out methadone...(sorry) I am just really worried about you and I do know of people that died from methadone or overdosed..
you took 2 of them i think they were both 10s
20mgs is alot if your not used to taking opiates regularly..if your not better very soon..please go to the hospital..your reaction to it doesn't sound good at all..and please don't take any benzo for now..

thanks avis
yes they are 10 mgs each
i confirm.  those are the ones i used to do.
please don't go to sleep. you need to call someone. i finally did this morning and now i just ate some eggs. i feel better just knowing i just called someone.
Hello again sandinmichigan---- my typing is getting worse and slower but I'm still here. Thank you and everyone who posted for being there for me and knowing more than I do about this . In answer to one of your questions, the opiate that I am sometimes prescribed that works very well on my chronic pain(which doesn't flare-up all that often) and since the physicians are all running scared to prescribe it , that means I am an occassional user of it. But the pain earlier today drove me to take ANYTHING that would get rid of the pain that has persisted for a month and a half relentlessly. I have (usually or unusually) a high tolerance for opiates so this really threw me for a loop and I am scared. Can't believe I forgot to even tell you the name of the drug that heps me--it is dilaudid andI have no side effects from it at all. I must be losing it!I'm sorry I'm so scattered in my thought process here. Diana641
methadone lasts a long time and is slow to come on.  those 10mg tabs used to take a full 2 hours before i would feel anything, and then after they kicked in i'd be high for a good 10 hours or more.  nausea is perfectly normal, as is the breathing thing.  if you HAVE NOT mixed them with your other meds then i doubt you will overdose from 20 mgs, although you might feel sick.  if you want to vomit, let it out.  and try to stay calm.

Kova
hey there Diane641,

i sent you a message if you are still there.  click on the inbox on your profile page.

Kova
methadone is much stronger than dilaudid..i have taken that many times..I know you haven't slept ..did you feel disoriented earlier? What about the rash and itching? that sounds like it could be maybe an allergic reaction to it..
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms or those mentioned in the IMPORTANT WARNING section, call your doctor immediately:

seizures
itching
hives
rash
kova- yes a person can od on 20 mgs..especially when they arent used to methadone..everyone is different. i have heard of stranger things. and i know of a teen that did just that.

diane641-hopefully the methadone is just making you feel sick because it didn't agree with you and you'll feel better as it wears off..what other meds did you take since you took it? Also..is your blood pressure normally high? is that what phenobarbital is for? if so..do you take it regularly to keep your blood pressure down? sorry for all the questions..
call your doctor
kova, yeah she has never taken it and is onother meds as well
I agree with avis...you really should call your dr. it's better to err on the side of caution than to wait and see..this has been going on for more than 10 hrs..not normal..
how long has it been since someone heard from someone heard from her
about a half an hour
As someone who has taken methadone and also has some medical training I'm urging you to PLEASE seek some medical attention.The rash is a big red flag,accompanied by the vitals being out of whack is very dangerous.Hon I was an EMT for 7 years,seek medical attention and DO NOT take any other meds.One mg of methadone is = to 3 mg of morphine so 20 mgs of methadone is = to 60 mgs of morphine.20 mgs of methadone can kill someone.
can you let us know if you are still here
Itching????   i don' think i have ever NOT itched on any opiate.  is that just me?
i always itch too. but i think percoset was the one that made me itch worse
From Diana641---------Thank you for being concerned for  me. I am trying my best to stay awake and I did just take my blood pressure which was 125/75 with pulse up a little to 83. I am drinking massive quantities of water(don't know if that makes a difference or not)and I am underweight as I just haven't had an appetite since this latest onset of pain, so I weigh about 97lbs. My son , who is 25 is here with me now. My husband wasn't much help as he went to work and stuck a lorazepam in my mouth on his way out the door. I am supposed to be on a flight on Sunday to visit a friend and I just hope this wears off by then---sooner than then!! I'm getting the shaky feeling ---well it's not a felling , I think I am just shaking all over. Maybe that will keep me awake. We can hope.----- Diana641
its not just the itching its the itching w the rash and her BP is high plus she has never taken it before .. yes I would get the itchys alot but never with a rash
wow, 97lbs.  no wonder you are getting hit so hard.  have you tried to eat something, even a piece of bread?  might calm the shakes.
unfortunately, igot the rash.  lived with it for about 6 months not realizing it may have been the methadone and a few days after i stopped it went away but the suboxone would make it flare up again!
what is your normal BP?   do you take medicine on a regular basis for blood pressure? And how often are you supposed to take the phenobarbitol..that is seizure medication right?

hey - we need to look at the whole post..itching in itself is not the problem..it's everything combined...and methadone NEVER made me itch..

i am not trying to prove anything here, i am just sharing my personal experience is all.
if you read the side effects and warnings in your papers for methadone...it will tell you to call your DR. right away if you have ITCHING,RASH,etc...exactly what Avis wrote above..
your weight has nothing to do with it..i weigh 95lbs and was on 65mg of methadone..it's your tolerance...they didn't weigh me to determine my dose..like i said..it's better to be cautious than take a risk that doesn't need to be taken...is it because your afraid of getting in trouble because you don't have a RX..and it was from a friend.
take the lorazepam with it is VERY DANEROUS
are you still around Diane? i know your tired...i am hoping that maybe your son will just take you to get checked out..what mgs..is the lorazepam that you took?  Hun..we just care and all that you wrote in your post was for a reason. Don't take a chance..at the very least please call a dr.  or hosptial..you don't even have to tell them anyones name..
Diane,PLEASE listen to what we are telling you.We're not just guessing here.We're speaking from first hand experience with this drug.Taking that much methadone alone,depending on your tolerance,can be so dangerous,mixing it with benzos can be FATAL.Another suggestion is you can call a poison control center and explain to them whats going on,you don't have to give them any names.
I don't mind any question you may have so no need to apologige. I can't believe this outpouring of help from so many kind people---who are also keeping me very busy typing and reading and staying awake. No. my blood pressure is not usually high. I have boring blood pressure unless i'm in a lot of pain and then it must do strange things. I was in the hospital about two months ago and went into shock(I was there for over 13 hours in the ER. They were runing a lot of tests on me and I had to drink some contrast dye before The IV dye to get a CT scan for kidney stones and bladder stones. That's what they thought I had. I didn't, it was just like today---- pelvic pain from Interstitial cystitis and last week I had an ultrasound for a cystic ovary. So , you see I wasn't feeling too well before I took the methadone and I realyyy with all of my heart believe that the doctor's could care less.For instance , They did all of these tests all week(which put me in more pain because they were invasive by the nature of them and they knew I had to travel some distance to se a friend for about a week-----but refused to give me just enough pain meds so if I had a problem in a strange place, I would at least not have to go to a strange doctor in a strange town and explaineverything al over again for apin relief. Maybe it's just the area I live in , but the doctors just don't care!! I take the phenobarbital for seizures---once a day at night so I won't have to feel the effect. (Which doesn't last long because it knocks me out to sleep. Yes, I did take my two regular precriptions earlier to try to get control over tis methadone , thinkingnit would just clam me and it would GOawAAAAY! It didn't and I was frantic and fortunate I found all of you. Thank you.Diana641
DON"T TAKE ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW  ....... benadyrl can slow your respiratory system . you have enough stuff in your system that will do that
Thank you for sharing your experience with me . It helps and I will keep in mind at all times that it is OK to vomit if I have to and I will try to stay calm instead of what i have been doing ,which is crying. I am so tired.  Diana641
I'm not meaning to disrespect you but the last thing Diane should do is ingest any other medication,especially something like benadryl.She has already taken the methadone,plus her phenobarbital,plus valium.You're absolutely right none of us are doctors,thats why I think it is extremely in her best interest to contact someone and seek some type of medical attention.Respectfully...Kim
good post kim
i agree i take alot of stuff but i would be afraid to take anything else. benadryl makes you very sleepy and you are already fighting to stay awake. just keep typing. that's what i'ma gonna do until big daddy gets home or i feel like i can sleep. i'm thinking clean sheets might help i've been so sweaty does anyone know how long that lasts
I agree
is your son still there? What does your gut instinct tell you to do? taking the methadone on top of all the other meds you are on is enough...do not take anything else please..the last thing you need is to depress your respiratory system more. And you certainly don't need to have a seizure on top of it all..that is exactly what a benzo can cause when taken with methadone..this medication is going to be in your system for awhile longer..with all due respect to everyone that is trying to help.(for example).I would never tell someone to go ahead and take the benzo while taking methadone just because i managed to survive taking up to 7 mg a day when I was on it..the methadone clinic didn't care if i was on a benzo..It only takes one time..I guess that is my point. Just because one person was fine or itched or had a rash doesn't mean you are or the next person will be....and it doesn't mean that you will have a problem..but I will say it again..it's wiser to be cautious...how are you feeling now?
thats true you do want to wake up there have been times i've woken up and couldn't believe it or laid down wondering i'ts scary feeling
Ok methadone comes in 5mg and 10mg pills, they also have wafers that are 40mgs, they are either white that just look like a huge pill(size of a half dollar) or there are square orange soluble wafers. I really hope she didnt take two wafers, I imagine she took 2 10mg pills(20mg total), as they are the most commonly prescribed strength. I cant believe how they just hand this out without giving more information about adverse reactions, and how benzo's affect methadone. If its already been over 9hrs she will be fine, just dont take any more lorazepam, cant believe someone didnt warn you about mixing benzo's with your first time ever taking methadone. People need to understand methadone is a completely different type of opiate, even the feeling you get from methadone isnt the full body euphoria like with hydro and oxycodone, or atleast it wasnt for me. You need to eat something, even a piece of bread like kova said, something to absorb some of that medication, of course your going to have an upset stomach with nothing but pills in there. Listen methadone related deaths are at an all time high, almost all of them involve mixing with a benzo or some sort of tranquilizer, just dont take any more lorazepam and you need to switch medication, its seems obvious that your body cannot handle methadone. Sorry you had to go through it, but you need to be careful and do your research before taking new medications, especially when your already on others that are CNS depressants, its very risky when you first start methadone to also be taking benzo's, its something that needs to me carefully monitored. Hope you get to feeling better.
Diane,are you still here?If you are please let us know how you are feeling now.I'm really worried about you girl.
She got the methadone from a friend because of some pain she has been having to deal with.It doesn't sound like shes a 'regular user' of opiates like most of us who have taken it were.You gave some good info in that post.Respectfully...Kim
tyson she took more lorazepam about an hour ago .She really need to contact a doctor
Itching is very normal side effect with opiates, but if you develop an actual rash then that is very bad, it means your allergic to something, or you've got it from being outside with poison oak or ivy. Itching is normal, but since you do have a rash I'd advise you not to take anymore methadone, cause it sure sounds like your allergic to something in it.
She needs to stop popping pills, this could develop into something very serious. I did not know she is continuing to take the benzo, diane if your here you need to not take another pill until you can either go to ER or see a doctor. Im not sure what strength your lorazepam is, and Im sure your used to them, but your not used to the methadone and that could lead to a very bad conclusion. Please dont take anything else until you can see a physician.
ok....she is not prescribed methadone and had never taken it before..she also does not take an opiate on a regular basis. All this info is above in this post..she also suffers from seizures already and takes medication on top of the benzo...please read the entire post...
also methadone tablets come in 5mg,10mg,20mg, and 40..all white pills..the orange wafers are 40mg...she took 2 10 mg..on top of all the other meds...what she is experiencing is not the norm...

Diane please write back..again..we are just concerned...
All I can say is methadone is one dangerous drug, it can be used for a lot of good, but you must start low and work your way up as far as the dosage goes. Its very strong, and everyone reacts different to it, and she's sounds like she has no business taking it, very likely she could be allergic, and we all know what can happen, especially when mixed with lorazepam or any other benzo. At least she will now know for in the future.
in all due respect to all..this woman is NOT an addict..and nobody can tell her one way or the other if she's fine..regardless if it's been 9 hrs or not...
yes I think it is clear on what she took, hopefully she is not taking anymore...I gotta go to physical therapy you all help this girl out, she obviously needs to be aware of what can happen, its just scary even with opiod dependent people, when you first take methadone, its different than other opiates in its effects. One thing I learned I never saw a 20mg methadone pill before, not that I want to now, but I've never seen one. Learned something...good luck
Oh Lisa thank you....thats the most important issue to consider when giving advice to this woman about what to do...shes NOT an addict....She doesn't have her tolerance built up the way most of us did before we started taking the methadone.I was taking at least 20 7.5 mg of vicodin a day for years before I got on methadone and I sustained on 30 mgs of methadone,just 10 more mgs then what this woman,who is Not an addict took for the first time today,along with valium and phenobarbital.She could be in extreme danger right now and needs to contact some type of medical professional.
i may not be a doctor but before i had kids i was a nurse. so i do know what to do, she is having an allergic reaction, and it will not go away.
Then you know you how danerous it is to take lorazapam and methadone alone without mixxing it with anything else and that her best bet is to go to a doctor ASAP
she just contacted me she is still awake
yes it is dangerous for her to take it together but it makes it even worse cause she is having an allergic reaction, she will eventually stop breathing if she dont start blocking the it, and that what the benadryl does till she can get to the er she needs to go as of 2 hour ago.
im not trying to be  mean but i dont wanna see anything happen to her.
Please let us know how shes feeling.I'm on the edge of my seat here.I'm really worried.
she still is feeling pretty bad  but she is still awake
What about the rash???Is it still there?Has it gotten any worse?
she didnt say  she has not posted me back since the last time I posted her back  lets hope she does I will ask her or I hope she posts back on here
thanks Avis..
Im glad you girls are there for her.          sara
has she posted back yet this is really scary
Maybe Im mistaken but didnt she say she usually is on dilaudid, so she may not be an addict but if shes taking dilaudid(hydromorphone) on a regular basis, she's most certainly dependent upon opiates, along with her prescribed benzo. Now it sounds like she ran out or for some reason didnt have her dilaudid and chose to take some methadone to ease her pain. When doing this its hard to tell what dosage is correct when switching from one medication to the other, and when she's taken a foriegn opiate to her body and mixing in her regular lorazepam this can lead to very serious consequences. It could be that I misread a post, Im not sure, but the fact remains her body has never dealt with methadone and that alone can be cause for concern. Im just trying to help, never would I call someone an addict that I didnt no for sure. But it sure did sound like she is an opiate tolerant person, just not with methadone. The most important fact is not that she is not an addict, it is that she has taken a medication that her body has never dealt with, now she's having what sounds like an allergic reaction, and on top of that the added benzo isnt going to help matters, it will only complicate the situation. I hope things have become clearer in the time I was gone, my only intention was to help the lady, as I think was all our goals. Hopefully thats what was accomplished!
if you reread her post..she was not on diluadid regularly..it's way up at the top..
I feel for your tough situation. These problems are tougher when a friend give you strong drugs. This person could be held accoutable in the case of something catastropic. I used to sometimes give friends who were in pain strong drugs but that was a big mistake. I'm not a real doctor. all the best
has anyone heard from her, if so is she ok, please let me know im really worried about her
I have been very worried about you all day as I am sure everyone else has too..when your able..please post back to us..I am praying that your ok..

and to anyone..like Mr.Lucky said..think twice before you hand out your meds to someone elase..especially something of the likes of methadone...not a good idea..
Wow....I hope she's ok nad i bet she learned alot thru this....I know i did.

You guys are really such great people....You all really seemed to care and i bet your PM's to her were even more helpful.

if you could please ready my new post.
I HOPE SHE IS OK, SHE HAS BEEN ON MY MIND ALL DAY. I REALLY HOPE SHE IS OK. TO BE HONEST I HOPE THE REASON SHE IS NOT WRITING BACK IS CAUSE SHE WENT TO THE ER
methadone is notorious for killing people who are first time users of the drug
it can interact with other medications, i believe this post should have been reported to the moderators
but thats the paramedic in me
her son is with her
can you believe her husband stuck a nerve pill in her mouth before he went to work???
whats up with that
I hope she is ok, this is insanity
this post made me think of my first few times taking methadone, on my 3rd or 4th time i was on 60mg, mixed it with another drug and i had to walk into a gas station and beg the cashier for help, i was only 18, they propt me up agaisnt the wall and my family came,
it is so sad, i am crying right now thinking about everything drugs take from people
if you come back to the forum, please do something about your addiction
goto detox, goto na, get better, you can do it
and hopefully your son will never have to see his mom go thorugh another possible over-dose
she PMed a few hours ago and she was fine.

Kova
ok..you guys..girls..friends..she has given NO indication that she is an addict..If everyone would just read what she has said earlier..she does not take pain meds on a regular basis...keep in mind that there are 2 seperate diana's posting on this post...the original poster..Diana641 said that when she does get pain meds for her condition. the only thing that works is diluadid...but the dr.s will not give it to her so she had to seek an alternate avenue of pain releif..please read her responses carefully..she also mentions that she feels she has a high tolerance..well dilaudid really isn't all that strong..most of us that have responded are addicts..so we tend to think about things in that manner,,like what we could tolerate etc...not to mention she has other medical issues including being on seizure meds...this is why it is important to read the whole thread..I know some of them can get tedious..but we have to get our facts straight as best we can...I just felt the need to clear this up...she was very scared and with good reason...thanks everyone..
she told me you guys were freaking her out even more.  she is fine.

Kova
kova when did you hear from her last
I just pray that this woman is the exception when it comes to mixing methadone and benzos,and I hope that she understands that the methadone is going to still be in her system for some hours and not to take anymore benzos for the time being.I have never been so worried about anyone here as I am for her.The fact is when it comes to posts like this,we are not doctors.What this woman ingested today could have very well been fatal,and I don't know if shes out of the woods yet.When someone posts something like this,of course we all want to try and help,but when someones life is at stake,it's not the time to give an educated guess response based upon the fact that we are addicts or that we have personal experience with some of these drugs.Like someone here had said one persons dose can be another persons death,especially when it comes to methadone.The only sound advice to give someone in this womans situation is to seek proper medical attention.I'm sorry that she feels as if we were 'freaking her out'.I'm certain that wasn't any of our intentions.We literally feared for this womans life today,and rightfully so.I'm praying that shes going to be ok.The fact remains though that what happened to her today could have been fatal and the best advice,the only advice we should give someone in this situation is to seek medical attention ASAP.
This was a life or death situation in my opinion.  I am glad some of you stood by her and gave her the honest truth.  This was a situation not to be taken lightly.  sara
Kim,Great post !!!! You are right this can never be taken lightly that is a serous mix especially for someone who has never take methadone before. brushing off the seriousness of the situation  could be very detrimental for the poster .

She contacted me she is feeling better ten this morning and she did get some sleep so far so good hopefully it will stay that way
I pray that she is doing much better by now, However this is a reality check of how people need to read posts before posting, This woman has serious health problems female problems that can be hell to go through, She didnt ever say she was an addict and I dont believe she is, She stated that she was at the doctor and they wont give her any pain meds not that she took all she had and ran out. She was in pain and no she shouldnt have taken a friends meds but havent we all been in so much pain at one point or another? Im sure she learned a lesson and im sure that she doesnt need to hear that over and over again. She is scared to death and the last thing she needs is to come here and be called an addict, Is is ever possible that someone can come here and not be an addict? SUPPORT HER AND GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES,

Sad and Avis and all you other girls, YOU HAVE YOUR WINGS for helping like you do, what angels you are. There is someone up above that is so very happy with you all =)

Sweetie , get some rest and dont take anything else, I understand wanting that feeling to go away but taking more of anything can really make it worse. Hang in there and I hope you feel better very soon.
AMEN!!  How is she now? Anyone know?  I have heard of others itching from methadone and to me the scariest part of the whole thing is the BENZOS she took with it  (unknowningly). I have personally know several people who have passed due to this deadly combination. Good job hanging in there for her everyone.  The 20mg she took to me wasn't the problem..it was the benzos with is and the ******* who put it in her mouth as he walked out the door!  Sorry..had to say that!  Please, let us know how she is if anyone knows!
Great post...you're absolutely right every little bit on posts such as this should be read before we comment and the most important part of the post,the fact that this woman is NOT AN ADDICT,should have been considered,if nothing else, before any response was given.In fact to be honest the fact that I am an addict,and shes not,and I've been on methadone and know a lot more about it since I've been here scared me more for her safety and her need to be seen by a medical professional.I feel as though this woman dodged a bullet today.I hope if this ever happens here in the future that anyone responding reads the entire post and takes the seriousness of the situation into consideration and makes no attempts to second guess what very well could have been a life and death situation.
I thought she may not be an addict but a pain pt.! wonder Why  she posted  on this board? It's a bad idea and illegal to give out narcotics to some else from your perscription.
The last time she contacted me about an hour and a half ago she was doing better and she had been able to get some sleep. I am hoping she will continue to stay in contact.
Kim,

Sweetie you are so right, This post was a cry for help and so many were here to help all of you girls were amazing. And it showed how loving everyone can be, We never EVER want to run someone away by saying those things to them, Its a shame that people cant just give support and help people and realize that its not always about addiction. I came upon this forum when I googled taking meds for years. We really need to read all the way before we start to claim we know it all or tell someone what they are!

Now on to the sweet lady that needs support, Has anyone heard from her? is she better? feeling better and is her BP anymore stable? Someone let me know , I will keep her in my prayers and all of you angels for the help that you gave so freely
Sometimes people are brought to us and we should help them, NO matter if they are an addict or not they need help. This forum is for that but we can also help others, We know alot about meds and sometimes can just lend a helping hand. There is a reason she came here and not to the Pain forum, Sometimes its slow over there so thank goodness she did come here or she might not have gotten the support she needed =)
Thanks avisg!!  I agree with you too Kim..I love this forum, it is wonderful, but I do feel that every now and then we get a couple "judgementals" who don't THINK (or in this case READ) before they speak!  

I have many years of experience with methadone and it has done wonders for me, but that's ME!!!  This woman had so many toxins in her, she was obviously  having a bad reaction..perhaps her reluctance to go seek help is due to the hospital doing exactly wehat some in here did....ASSUME she was an addict and did it on purpose!!  That assumption could have reeked havoc in her life, especially when UNTRUE!  

Okay..getting down off the box!  Good job avisg!!  Tell her we are all glad to hear she is okay!!
Yes Avis please send her our well wishes.
we may know a lot of drugs but we should give medical advise or perscribe drugs to our friends or they could become our late friends.
Of course!  Especially nowadays..many states have adopted laws that could turn a well-meaning friend helping another friend into a LIFER in the state PENN!  Lives can be dramactically changed and lost FOREVER!!
i have been communicating with her and she is fine.  the only reason i sent her a private post to begin with is because i also have Interstitial Cystitus and we were discussing it.  i didn't mean to undermine the seriousness of what she took.  she just found all the posts overwhelming.

kova
I just want to say that I think S.I.M., Avisg & Kim went above and beyond to help her today and it was wonderful to see everyone pull together to help her! That was great teamwork and wonderful support. I'm sure she did find the posts overwhelming..I did as well and it didn't involve me. However, this was/is a serious situation and needed to be addressed. There is no need for anyone to start in criticizing anyone or assuming anything. The most important thing on this post today was to help diane641 and make sure she was/is ok.

Diane...I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad you came to the forum and I hope it helped you more than overwhelmed you. When you are feeling up to it please let us hear from you!

JoAnn
O KOVA...I hope NO ONE made you feel bad about being there for her...you should NOT!  Everyone should be so lucky!   Good job to all that cared! And it's great to hear she is doing better!
it's pretty amazing to have so many people care for someone else..that is why I like this forum and the people here..
Kova- i see no reason for it necessary to post what you did earlier about what she supposedly told you..thats all I am saying about the matter. I am sure she was overwhelmed..she said so in her own posts..because she was scared to begin with ..but this was nothing to mess with..however..i think she has appreciated how much we all care..

Diana- I hope you are feeling much better and know that we truly were worried and care..thats what we are here for.
Diana,
Is doing much better today rash and itching are gone .She is feeling a bit spacey but much better.
She thanked all of us for being such a caring group of people that helped her threw this she was sacred in th4e beginning but doing great now ...
Oh I'm so glad to hear that.Thanks avisg for letting us know.
I am also very glad to hear she is better today.  sara
everyone really worked together to help her it shows what a great support system we have here
You people really pulled together thru this and it was great to see.  Look how many posts this generated.
Glad to hear her scary episode is over, but next time you talk to her...ask how her pain is today (PLEASE). I hope she is feeling better and the pain has subsided (which started this whole mess in the first place!)  Tell her to hang in there, she is in my prayers!
she lives with chronic pain, so it is not over for her.  she has IC as well as ovarian cysts and other problems.  she is the reason that they make these pain meds in the first place.  doesn't sound like she has very caring doctors, either.  she has so much going on.  say a prayer for this person.

Kova
Yea..I understood about that, I was just wondering if she felt any better. She had said that the pain comes and goes and yesterday it was at an all-time high..so I was just curious if she was feeling any better in that aspect today.  Nothing is more devastating than living in CONSTANT pain..my heart goes out to her.
She sent me a long email today I think she is doing better . She is dealing with a lot of pain hopefully she can find someone that can help her mange it .She is not an addict so she does not have to worry as much as we do .
Thanks Avisg!  I hope she does find the relief she so desperatly deserves.
I have been prescribed methadone for pain a while back before I was an addict...it is also used for pain and not just for withdrawal...I had used hydros off and on but this was before I was an addict...I was prescribed 10 mg twice a day after a surgical procedure..I dont think I ever took 2 at one time but I do remember it made me a bit sleepy and really did not get a buzz off of it at all/not a good buzz anyway..just a bit sleepy..i have never been a benzo user and I know that methadone/nor any narcotic/ and benzos are not a good combo...I have never seen a methadone tablet stronger than 10 mg at the hospital as we give it for pain often...but I would think it comes in higher doses per tab than 10 mg but never looked...hopefully all is well diana and keep us posted..it is never a good idea to take drugs from a friend...but i do know that when we are in pain things can change and we dont always make the best decisions..drinking nor any other pain meds/nor benzos mix with each other in reality..It is not recommended to take benzos with oxy or hydros either...educating urself on ur meds is important as sometimes it seems doctors do not know much about what they prescribe..be safe