Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Methadone and Xanax Detox
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Methadone and Xanax Detox

I went to detox for methadone and xanax about three weeks ago. I was taking 180mgs of methadone and 20mgs of xanax per day for about 7 years. I know that is alot. It did not happen overnight, but I did taper the methadone down to 40mgs within a year, then went to detox 2 days into methadone withdrawal. The ER doctor gave me Klonopin for the xanax WD's because I was about to have a seizure in the ambulance from only 16 hours of no xanax. Anyway, I was taking suboxone for the methadone wd's, and librium for the xanax wd's but I was extremely agitated, violent, and suicidal because of the wd's. It's too much to wd from both of these without tapering. I saw a psychiatrist yesterday as a last resort before I relapsed on xanax or killed myself, and he gave me Neurontin and Ambien. I simply cannot believe how well this stuff helps. I was convinced that nothing except benzo's would work on my anxiety and severe wd's, but this REALLY helps. I'm totally relaxed, slept like a rock last night, ate dinner and breakfast, don' t hurt, and can think straight. Just want to tell this to anyone who is going through a similar situation. I promise you< it is DEFINITELY worth trying. There is hope!!! Good luck!