Methadone and Xanax Detox
I went to detox for methadone and xanax about three weeks ago. I was taking 180mgs of methadone and 20mgs of xanax per day for about 7 years. I know that is alot. It did not happen overnight, but I did taper the methadone down to 40mgs within a year, then went to detox 2 days into methadone withdrawal. The ER doctor gave me Klonopin for the xanax WD's because I was about to have a seizure in the ambulance from only 16 hours of no xanax. Anyway, I was taking suboxone for the methadone wd's, and librium for the xanax wd's but I was extremely agitated, violent, and suicidal because of the wd's. It's too much to wd from both of these without tapering. I saw a psychiatrist yesterday as a last resort before I relapsed on xanax or killed myself, and he gave me Neurontin and Ambien. I simply cannot believe how well this stuff helps. I was convinced that nothing except benzo's would work on my anxiety and severe wd's, but this REALLY helps. I'm totally relaxed, slept like a rock last night, ate dinner and breakfast, don' t hurt, and can think straight. Just want to tell this to anyone who is going through a similar situation. I promise you< it is DEFINITELY worth trying. There is hope!!! Good luck!
HI welcome to the forum.....its always great to here when someone finds a solution when there struggling ...neurontin has worked for some of our members its good to help get off benzo's im glad your sleeping thats usually a huge problem coming off them...as for switching over to sub from methadone it usually ez to get off of just make your time on it as short as possible a 90 day detox has worked for several of our members keep posting
to let us know how all this go for you long term good luck and God bless.....Gnarly