Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Methadone damage

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Methadone damage

I have stopped taking methadone as of 10 weeks ago. My daily dose was a little over 1,000. MG. daily!
I feel though as if electricity is running through both my arms and legs 24/7. This is extremely painfull,
Will this last forever?
My husband was on methadone about 9 years ago He was on it for 4 years.  He did take as much as you put he was tapering down  when the program folded.
He ended up in dextox but he was in for 12 days straight in bed. The sickest he ever had been. The feelings you are having are very common. They do stop feeling like that but   he says it is a while. almost a year for him till he felt he had his strength back.
Infact I can say that he complained about his leg cramps for months. Sorry. But it's great you stopped!! congrad on that!
Good Luck
paaddict