Methadone use during pregnancy
Is it better to decrease your methadone intake as much as poss during pregnancy - and also how much more dangeous is it to inject ampoules than taking methadone pills, on the foetus?
1st u need2talk2ur obgyn b honest.Dont drop any meds(they will keep u on it through ur pregnancy.Dunno what ur talking about w/injecting but dont do that.ur clearly an addict u need2get2the Dr asap b 100%honest even if ur getting it off the street they will give u a prescription+if what ur taking isnt enough they will increase ir dose.the dumbest thing u can do is not b honest.ur risking ur baby.Stopping/dropping ur dose.can cause a miscarriage.Dont b afraid2b honest.if u r they will help u if ur not u will not only lose custody of ur  baby u will quite possibly go to jail4child endangerment
You have to talk to your OB.  They'll know what's best.  Don't worry about telling him/her; they've heard it all before.  You just need to do what your OB instructs.  I don't know about injecting but my guess is it's a bad idea to be doing that.  You need to see your OB ASAP and follow whatever plan they give you.  I do know sometimes they increase the methadone a little because of the baby but that is decided by your doctor.  I'm sure your OB will talk with your methadone clinic and they'll work out a plan that will be safe for you and your baby.  How far along are you?  Have you had any prenatal care?
*thank you* for both your responses. I haven't met my OB yet - but I've got my first scan tomorrow + go to my GP on Monday, so I'll go from there....

I'm 12 weeks pregnant. I've met my midwife once. I've been honest with her, and given her blood and urine samples so they can do their various tests.

I'll keep you posted!
You'll be fine.  Just keep honest with your midwife and OB and other doctors.  They'll all work together to make sure your baby and you stay healthy and have the best care.  All the best ... nothing like a newborn!
I agree with the others, just be totally honest with your OB doc and midwife.
I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I am in the process of detoxing from methadone and b
I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I am in the process of detoxing from methadone and been for a while. Now that I have found out that I'm pregnant the Dr
#7 at th
I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I am in the process of detoxing from methadone and been for a while. Now that I have found out that I'm pregnant the Dr at the methadone clinic said that I needed to stop detoxing. I am currently on 25mgs and I really want to continue to detox. I understand that there are risks involved but my question is has anyone detoxed successfuly from methadone at this point in their pregnancy?
its not good for the baby, talk to your Dr. and they can tell you more, also your posting on a really old post go to the top and click the orange block post a question and youll get more replies