Methadone withdrawal day 6
I was on 30mg of methadone for 2 1/2 months and quit cold turkey 9 days ago, relapsed 6 days ago because I had one pill left. So it's been 6 days with absolutely no opiates in my system, and I think I'm finally out of the woods. I was up for 2 days straight, on day 4 the worst of the physical symptoms came. Arms and legs felt warmish and generally uncomfortable all over, cold/warm flushes, anxiety attacks because my heart was pounding due to high blood pressure I'm guessing and insomnia. Yesterday I finally slept for a solid 3-4 hours then another 2, so I'm caught up on my sleep finally. I'm starting to feel like I'm in my own skin again if that makes any sense, legs aren't nearly as restless as they were and I feel like a human once more. No more cold/warm flushes, only symptoms left are a small lack of energy, a little depression although I'm used to being depressed. I think I got lucky and will recover in 2-3 weeks. I read a lot of horror stories about people who've been on this stuff longer than me, that really kept me going. I haven't been using long compared to most people and it was hard enough for me not to want to go through again. Mostly a mental battle for me, no vomiting or diarrhea thankfully and I'm sure now that I'm through with the worst part. Yay!
first off congrats on 6 days clean your off to a good start your very lucky to only have been on it 2 1/2 mo your withdrawal shouldent be that bad but this stuff is really cyclic just when you think its done with you it comes back with a vengeance your withdrawal will be more of a mind game then a physical withdrawal so N/A can really help you there aftercare is ecential to making it long term you dont want to have to do this again good luck and God bless.......Gnarly