Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Methamphetamine Detox / Early Recovery ?? :(

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

#1  How long does it take for methamphetamine to be completley out of the body?

#2 How long should one sleep after stopping heavy methamphetamine
abuse?
well there are several factors to your questions. One is if the abuse has been going on for a very long time then I have seen people sleep for days at a time. Also for it to be completely out of the body it normally only takes aprox days to pass a drug screen unless it was being done  by  shooting up. In the case of it being shot it takes a min. of 7 days. However, there will be some long lasting effects on heavy abuse of this drug. I was on Meth for several years and I even was a IV user. For the person that is just smoking and snorting and even eating it the withdrawals are not that bad other then mental. For IV users there is not only the mental part but the physical part. I recommend for IV users to seek medical attention but if that isnt a option there are ways to detox and trick the body into thinking its getting high. I will not disscuss this on here but if you need details I will gladly send you the info thru a message. If you need my help I will gladly give you what insight I have. Good Luck
Thank you so much for replying...being new here, not sure how to "send you the info thru a message" as I need all the help out there!!!
Thanks,
Christina
You got the right answers from JenniferLutt.

I would like to add that if you drink more and more liquids you could feel a lot better. It's important to remember fluids and food. Also, vitamins and exercise is GREAT.
Thanks..I've tried n' tried idk how many x's...once i've slept an entire week away, I still am so lethargic I can't do anything...next week (spring break) I'll have the golden opportunity 'go down' for week's long sleep. With all the devastation, I need to do all i can to make it this time....I need to have something solid in place for when i awake....any thoughts or suggestions? In-home detox companion maybe?  I have nine days to detox (hibernate) before roles n' responsibilities return, after those nine days, I have to be able to function or at least appear so..?
hi and good luck with your detox, preparation is a very good thing, try and have a positive mind on this, make sure you drink plenty of fluids, such as gatorade, and juices,
get some imodium (immodium) for any diorreah, or stomache cramps. get some magnesium/calcium/zinc supplements, i really wish you well, god bless.
Crackers, penut butter, toast, and other things that people can put in their stomach so that it helps them with nutriotion but also is easy on the stomach just in case. Having someone who WILL NOT want to do drugs is a great idea, however, I know when I did it by myself, I just wanted anything that could make me laugh.

I don't know how long you did it, and how you did it. I just know that it took me about 3 days to recover and I did it for 4 years.......maybe 3, it's been so long. Anyways, After I slept good and got food and drink in my body, I was good to go. If you used needles, it might be different than what I went through. JenniferLutt will be able to help you most likely though if you did do it that way.

My advise to you, is food, liquid (water and gatoraid mainly), and stuff that makes you laugh, with something really boring at night to help you sleep..............yep, and great choice on stopping. I know from personal experience, that drug is EVIL. Thank you for appreciating your life enough to do this.
yeah buddy dosent sound good,its easy and fun to get into smoking meth,the buzz is a little different to begin with, you dont notice the full effect of the drug until you have smoked it quite a few times,thats when you start getting very bad come downs,majour mood swings and if your really unhappy about your life in general you may start to feel suicidal,and thats when the reality of this drug comes into play! goodluck everybody you will be needing it.
I have to test in a couple of days and I'm concerned about the meth in my system. I was in recovery for 7 years up until last August and then I went back out wth meth, pot and alcohol along with otherstuff but those drugs haven't been used in about 6 months. The pot is acceptable to show but the alcohol and meth cannot be visible in systm or I lose bed space in sober living along with an added jail sentence. In reseach I'm told that exercise, sugar free fluids, and plentry of rest and sleep will help and that it should take about3-5 days to be gone.And am pretty ure the test will be urine, but if they went blood or hair which of the three is most effective and which shows the least info.

Please help,
Joe B.
I too would very much like to hear the ways to help detox off of meth.my email is ***@**** need insight
i would more than appreciate more information on my very same drug addiction. i just recently was placed on probation and well i really want to stop the madness anyway. i see this as an opportunity be sort of forced to take responsibility back again. i am just very uneducated on what i am about to embark in. so doing some researching i read your post. and just wondered what you know that may help me succeed. this is the first comment ive ever posted to a blog. so i appologize if anything is out of protocol. i am just very interested in getting REAL again. i have used every day for 7 years. and i know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is a dead end, tragic, and  ignorant road. i just turned 30 too in june. so anything you'd be willing to send me i will gladly take it  very seriously.