Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Methocarbamol????

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Methocarbamol????

I found a bottel of pills hidden in the garage. When I looked them up on line it said it was Methocarbamol or robax??? Something like that. Can anyone tell me if this is a pill used to get high? I have known him to use oxeys and morphine but have no clue what this is, and it is a huge bottel full so I don't know what it was in there for.......
Robaxin, I use this on my horses for sore backs. Its a muscle relaxer and it was made for human consumption but over the years vets found it worked wonders for horses with sore backs or strained muscles.I have taken them a few times when I have had a muscle problem and they never made me high. Does he have a valid pain problem? Hope this helped.
That is probably why there was actually still pills in the bottle, because he can't get high on them! I wonder why in the world they were in the garage/?? Yes he has a history of injecting pain pills but swears he is clean. Thanks so much for your help.
It is possible to get high on large doses of methocarbamol, but most people don't find the effect very attractive -- not much euphoria, mostly a mental & physical numbing out feeling.  Daily abuse of high doses can lead to addiction but it's rare.
cymist these posts you keep bring up are old the members are gone
Yes, thank-you for pointing out that the posts are old.  I am new to this community and probably got carried away -- methocarbamol is a hobby-horse of mine.  However, the posts (old & new) do come up on a Google or other search -- I hope some of my comments may be helpful to newcomers.

Now I've discovered this community I will try and get more current!
I am wondering the same things that Icka is wondering and it is great help indeed to have these posts answered, no matter how old. Thanx for the input :)
Hello. I am new to this as well, and was recently prescribed methocarbamol for back pain. I think the old posts are useful because I am wondering about its effects and abuse potential and am wondering if anyone can tell me how it differs from Flexeril.
I'm new here too and have just recieved a prescription from the Veterans Administration for methocarbomal for chronic, extremely painful back spasms as well.  Any and all info is greatly appreciated.
My experience with methocarbamol for severe neck and back pain has not been good. They just don't work for me. My problem is I recently relocated and there are obviously alot of dishonest addicts in this area because the doctors here will not prescribe pain killers. I've never had a problem with them, and i've never had a problem getting them until now. Ive had four neck surgeries and this is rediculous.
im haveing hydrocodene withdrwals i hear Methocarbamol can help passs the uglyness of the withdrawl (withdrawal) is this true