Mind games
So I'm at 14 days and physically I feel good although still tired. My mind though has really been relentless. A confession now is today was an emotional day and I got a hold of 2 vics. Put them in my pocket and went to this cemetary for this day was sad. I kept touching these pills all day long thinking that today was an exception and it was ok. I knew it really wasn't ok but my mind kept telling me it was. I got through this difficult day without them and I still have them in my pocket. I know I have to throw them out now so that's what I'm going to do. But how do you get your mind to stop and will this be forever like this?
Wow you did great. You were strong when you thought you weak and now it's over.
I am thinking it will get better in time. One day at a time. Yes you need to throw them away hold your head high....You did it. Think about that. From everything I read here it will alway be a battle but it gets easier.

T.
First congrats on the willpower today not taking the pills,but before you do anything else go into the bathroom right now and flush them.You don't need them,you made it through the day without them and you've come too far to turn back now.
Do you have any type of after care in place,meetings or therapy?The physical w/ds.although no walk in the park,are the easy part.The mental part is much harder.I have not taken a pill in over 2 years and I have been clean from methadone for over a year now,and although the cravings seem to become fewer and further between,every once in a while they sneak up on me,out of the blue,and knock me on my behind.The thing that saves me is that I have a plan in place for those moments and ,knock on wood, so far I have utilized that plan and have been able to remain clean.
Posting about it is a huge step in a positive direction.Congrats to you.....now go flush those pills.....All the best...Kim
you know danny,sad times are the worst..it will get to the point that you wont want them anymore..you are at 2 weeks and thats something to be proud of..those 2 wont do anything except make you feel guilty,not worth it..get those green tea pills,they will give you energy when you need it..i hope you have a better day tomorrow..
Thanks for the support. I flushed them. I don't have anything like aftercare. What do you do for that?  Where do you go for it?  Is it like AA?
Good for you for flushing them.I'm proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Aftercare can be AA or NA meetings or one on one therapy or group counseling.
Hey Danny, Congrats...hang in there...I have made it to day 12..And now I think back to day 1,2,3 and man I never want to go there again...I am still tired..but I know It is getting better everyday..I HAD to go to the grocery store today.UGH. But I am making myself get up everyday (I am lucky that I no longer work) put on makeup and put hot rollers in my hair.LOL this is a hugh chore when you are getting clean..I am sorry you were having a hard day, but you know in your heart tomorrow will be better...Hang in there...good for you flushing your troubles away...There is bound to be some messed up water some where, because of all the flushing we do...Later..
The mental aspects of withdrawal do linger on for awhile, of course it depends on the person because were all so different. The good news is that it really does get better, its hard to say exactly when that will be, but in the mean time you'll have some good days and some not so good days. Now I tell this to everyone and Im sure not everyone like hearing it but excercise can really speed up the process of feeling better. Ive detoxed many times in the past and I dont think I ever got to the point where I felt really good about myself. This time it seems like the missing ingredient was getting physically healthier which in turn led me to be healthier mentally as well. I had tried many different anti-depressants in the past, some helped a little but I never found one that really made a big difference. So my advice is as soon as you feel able is to get up go for a long walk, do some yoga, go for a swim, just basicly anything to get up and get out and stay busy, it really helps take your mind off the daily stresses we all go through. Then theres always this cliche' "time really does heal all wounds", but its the truth, our bodies are remarkably capable of healing themselves if we just allow them the time to heal. Another thing is congrats on flushing the vic's, that takes some will power to have them that close and be able to say no, so good job. Alright I'll stop rambling, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, if I can help in any way please feel free to hit me up. Take Care.
You have now truly said "goodbye" I did something similar 4-5 days ago,, I put myself in a position with them to know I could resist,, I did resist and I really gained a lot of strength from it to know that I could say no.. You are going to make it Dan, I know it's a ***** of a road but we have to see forward,, will it ever go away?? I hope so, we have to get to the other side though, and that takes time,,, be patient and keep growing Dan you are facing many things you have gained strength from,, keep up the good work,,,

Lisa
2 weeks clean, You rock!!!
Get you butt to an NA meeting for aftercare. Remember what you loved to do and get back to it. Take care of yourself, watch what you eat, get some exercise and for your head, nothing like yoga or Tai Chi. hang in there, it can only get better. xxx. sophie.