Misdiagnosed prescription to phenobarbital
I was prescribed phenobarbital from 2 to 11 years old for "staring into space" and having one seizure provoked by a violent household.  Does anyone know what pb does to a person who doesn't have epilepsy?
Because pb has ethyl alcohol 13% by volume, and when given 2 to 3 times more than the prescribed daily dose over the 9 year span of childhood use, does it affect one's chance of alcohol?substance abuse, or mental and emotional instability?
I ask these questions, because during use, I remember having opposite and adverse affects than what its supposed to do.  When use of pb was stopped, Changes in academic performance and temperament changed dramatically.
Even being an adult, I find daily life such as employment a struggle.   Please help me with any medical research and knowledge anyone can off would be gratefully appreciated.
phenobarbital's original purpose was for sleep. control of epilepsy was another use. currently, there are safer sleep meds so it's only use is generally for epilepsy. taking it for a long time for any reason can cause a person to become dependent and/or addicted. if this happened, it will effect  you the rest of your life. did you ever take it just to feel good? if not, then it shouldn't be effecting you now. if you never abused it or had a desire to.