Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Mixing Medications

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Mixing Medications

One thing that can be dangerous is asking addicts questions that only Phamacists or doctors should answer...........
What other drugs will affect buprenorphine and naloxone?
Buprenorphine and naloxone can cause death from overdose, especially if it is injected with a tranquilizer. Use buprenorphine and naloxone exactly as directed by your doctor.

Do not take buprenorphine and naloxone without first talking to your doctor if you are taking:

a benzodiazepine such as alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), clonazepam (Klonopin), clorazepate (Tranxene), lorazepam (Ativan), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), oxazepam (Serax), triazolam (Halcion), temazepam (Restoril), estazolam (Prosom), quazepam (Doral), or flurazepam (Dalmane);
erythromycin (Ery-Tab, E.E.S., E-Mycin, others) or clarithromycin (Biaxin);
itraconazole (Sporanox) or ketoconazole (Nizoral);
an HIV protease inhibitor such as indinavir (Crixivan), ritonavir (Norvir) or saquinavir (Fortovase, Invirase);
rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane), rifapentine (Priftin), or rifabutin (Mycobutin);
phenytoin (Dilantin);
carbamazepine (Tegretol);
a barbiturate such as phenobarbital, mephobarbital (Mebaral), and others.
hahahaha
He's not saying he's an expert.  He's been pretty careful about not giving people specific advice on individual drugs.  Sub is a very very dangerous medication and if you do mix drugs with it you're asking for trouble.  I try not to start drama on here but I've seen beach reply to many posts with helpful advice, but I haven't seen either of your names?
then do it!  This forum has no need for useless trash and negativity.  
wow, if I was still in kindergarten that comeback might have hurt my feelings.  Anyway, I'm done with you.  You're ignorant, boring and petty.  subject closed...

sorry beach for hijacking your post.  I really don't know why I even responded to this imbecile.  She's worthless and will fade away.  
Step back.  We're all here of our own accord and are TRYING to help support each other to make things better in our lives.  You are certainly welcome here to call for support from others who can relate with you, but that sure as sunshine doesn't give you free license to come in hear and cut wide open on those you encounter.  Yes, it is a forum, but c'mon!  If the question is that totally out of your venue, or you've got nothing insightful, informative, or even encouraging why not exercise a bit of self control and follow that old addage - if you've got nothing nice to say.....

One of the first persons on this forum to make me not feel like the heel I damn well knew myself to be for putting myself in to this current position happened to be Beach.  I have no doubt that Beach can hold his own, but your flippant attitude really chafes my backside.  If it was you, instead of those like Beach, that I had encountered when I first got here I could very well not be where I am.  You're negativity is putting off those who have better things to do with their time than have to thread through your nonsense.  Knock it off.

'nuff said.

TMTC
wonderfully said. I am the most open person you will find when it comes to opinions that are respectfully stated but I have no patience for immature, flipant comments that are meant only to antagonize.  I think people like this ****-a-whatever the name is have nothing to add and although their comments just show their lack of knowledge and lack of intellect, they can be harmful by turning away new people who need help.  With all that said, I would hope that he/she will return once they get their life together and be able to participate in a helpful way.

WE LOVE YA BEACH!
please go elsewhere until you have enough experience to know what to add to this forum. i wish you well but please educate yourself before you come back.
Welcome to the forum you sound very familier have you been here at the forum before?