Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Mixing norco and Xanax

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Mixing norco and Xanax

I need a quick answer. A friend of mine took 6 norcs and about 1 mg of my Xanax. Should I call a doctor or will he be fine? I'm very worried, he has been taking norcos for a long time now about 10 per day but he has never taken Xanax. Please help I'm worried
If he's opiate tollerant, I would say you have nothing to worry about.

1mg of Xanax isn't a whole lot, and if he's used to taking 10 Norco's at a time, then I'd say he should be okay.

What makes you think that he's NOT okay?
the first hour is when something will happen, if it does. Monitor his breathing and his blood pressure if you can. If ANYTHING looks out of line, call 911.

If you don't mind me asking, why is your friend taking all of that medication? I know a doctor did not prescribe 10 a day. Actually, I doubt you will have that answer.

Maybe you could talk to him and tell him you found a support group on line. Maybe coax him to come and talk with us.

I hope it turns out okay.
I hope everything turns out. Please let us know.......sara
I have taken 15 norcos, and a bar of xanax one time.. horrible thing to do, would never do it again ever but was okay. Just make sure that your friend does not mix somas into the equation,, that is a deadly mixture.
please be aware that many people have taken benzo's the same way as heath ledger, corey haims, etc, and have lived to say its no big deal. its true that 1mg of xanax may not seem high, although xanax is highly potent so it really is actually a hefty dose...but the reason it doesn't seem  high is because daily theraputic limits are at 10mg of xanax. it's VERY difficult to overdose on any benzo. this leads to the assumption that they are "safe"...but the problem is that once mixed with any other drug like opiates or alcohol, they become VERY dangerous. if your friend made it through this experience alright, then you should perhaps express to them that they truly may not be so lucky next time. i mean, none of the doses were overdose level.....but when you start mixing drugs together for fun, there's no telling what you will end up unknowingly reducing the overdose threshold to. its best not to risk it. its best not to do any drugs at all, obviously, so perhaps you could also express this to your friend.

maybe even invite them to join this site if they need a support group.