Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Mobic? Is it addictive?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Mobic? Is it addictive?

Does anyone know if mobic is addictive? My doctor switched me to them today from loratab. I am glad because the loratab really is addictive and I would rather not have my body relying on anything. I have been on the loratab for a little over a year now and I feel like crap if I miss a day and go without it. Not only am  I in pain (because of female problems and my back) but I feel like I have the flu. How long will I feel that way without it? since I switch my meds today.
  • Quitting (1 replies):
    Ive read through some more posts,and I think of quitting...[more]
  • Mobic (4 replies):
    Is anyone on here familiar with the med MOBIC? I finall...[more]
  • Mobic? (3 replies):
    I remember reading in some post (but can't remember whic...[more]
  • 97 days clean so far (11 replies):
    I meant to post here when I reached the 90 day mark but ...[more]
  • Chest Pains?? (7 replies):
    I started taking Mobic which is a NSAID on Tuesday. Yest...[more]
Mobic is an NSAID pain reliever (same class of drugs as ibuprofen, motrin, aleve) and not a narcotic so the addiction potential is very very low.  You should be fine as long as you have no stomach issues as NSAIDS tend to aggravate those symptoms or if taken in excess, create stomach problems.

Good luck to you!  I think the Mobic is a much better alternative to pain management than any narcotic.
The others here are better at explaining how long withdrawals last, what to expect, what to do, what to buy.  It was 5 good days of the harder withdrawals off of lortab for me back when I quit it abruptly or as they say here, "cold turkey," or CT.

I don't understand why your doctor didn't work up a plan to taper you off of the lortab.  He had to know what you would go through.  Now, in saying that, sometimes just stopping, going through the 4 or 5 hard days is better than dragging it out.

PS> My mama used to take Mobic and it helped her back alot.  Unfortunately for her, it upset her stomach so she quit taking it with no side effects following.

Best wishes. lyn
I am not sure!  I have taken this for a few years now and I wanted to stop.  My asthma was worsening and had developed problems swallowing at times.  
When I stopped the Mobic, I had the most excruciating headaches for almost 1 week now.  I am hopeful that this will cease soon, for extra strength Tylenol will not touch the pain in my head.