Mobic?
I remember reading in some post (but can't remember which one) something about someone being on Mobic for headaches.  What exactly is Mobic (what are the major ingredients) -- can anyone tell me?  I'm still looking for a good alternative to hydros to help me with chronic tension headache pain....  Thank you!  ~K.
hrosty just got on mobic for headaches. It is an NSAID like motrin and naproxen, a COX1 and 2 inhibitor (pretty complex process but i'll give the info. if you would like it) It pretty much works the same way motrin and naproxen do as an anti-inflammatory and mild muscle relaxant, but is longer lasting so it can be dosed once a day.

xoxo- D.
Thank you!  I thought it was an anti-inflammatory.....but didn't realize it also was a muscle relaxant.  Hmmmm...  Well, I've tried prescription-strength doses of naproxen, and that hasn't done a thing for me, but maybe this Mobic (or however it's spelled) is stronger....?  I've also been prescribed Flexeril (about 10 years ago), but I stopped taking that because I didn't like the fact that I was always so darned tired in the morning from taking it at night.  I'm assuming the muscle relaxant property in the Mobic is a little tamer though....?  Well, thank you very much for the info.  I'll have to ask Chrosty how it's going for her.....  Thanks!   ~K.
Yes the muscle relaxant properties are much milder. While naproxen and motrin are non-steroidal anti-inflammatories,(NSAIDs), flexeril and somas are muscle relaxants- they are sesigned to do specifically this. Celebrex is an NSAID that is more like Mobic, someone in the forum just got on celebrex not that long ago, I apologize I cannot remember who. You might want to post and ask. Chrosty will be at work all day but usually gets on at night, she just got her rx yesterday
xoxo-D.