Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Morphine detox cold turkey

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Morphine detox cold turkey

My husband is starting to detox after almost 7 hardcore weeks of morphine use by needle.  I am trying to be supportive but I am scared for him.  He is just 24 hours into it and is having serve leg fatigue.  I know the worst is yet to come but is there any tricks to ease any of the symtoms (symptoms) that he is going through and that he is going to be going through in the next few days?  I do have "some" medical training but when it comes to addictions I am sort of clueless.  Any help would be very appericiated.  It is 3 am and I am afraid to go to sleep after reading the very few things I have found online about this type of detox like stroke, heart attack & death.  He is only 29 and also has active hep C.  Seeking medical help is not an options unless it is a emergancy because of who the family is.  Thank you for any help
How is he doing today? I did a search as well on morphine detox and read the same things as you. Is it possible to call a detox hospital, or even NA ( Narcotics Anonymous) I do know that they all have to have patient confidentiality, and I do not think you need to give your name.
I went of morphine after being on pers gor 8 mos and then morphine for 2 mos.  I basically went c/t.  However Ido not have any other health conditions.  I believe on th epage previously or the page befor someome posted the thomas recipe.  This may help him.  Today and tomarrow should be te worst.  He is lucky to have you, don't be too suprised if during his uncomfortable times that he pushes you away - I kinda did that.  
I am also currently detoxing off of a morphine addiction that lasted 2 years, for the restless leggs I found the best thing that workes for me is a hot hot soak in the tub for the legs, if his leg mussels are feeling hot that go buy the icy cold rubb from any drugstore. If hes just got the restless legg syndrome the wont go away I suggest advil is better than tylonal and soaking in hot water or A535 hot mussel rubb. I myself am dealing with the exact problem as him I cant get any sleep and came to this site looking for the exact cure youre looking for. I hope I have given some sort of help to you. I myself am only 24 female and its hard I know, valuume or clonasipam also helps a little.
Welcome to the forum! You just posted on an old post, so try posting a new post at the top of page.
I am just now starting to detox myself, I done the last two this morning. I do thou suffer from chronic pain in my lumbar back so I do not know what to do can you help me?
                                     signed Someone Please help me!!!!!!!!1
I have been taking 240 mg of morphine for the last 2 years, I suffer from neurophatic pain, due to type one Diabetes, I also have hep C and in remission from Non hodkins lymphoma.

Can someone help me, I want off the morphine, the withdrawls are really bad and I am in fear of going cold turkey.

please someone help me

joseph
Man I can't believe the amount of people out there who are jsut like me and really want to get off this medicine hell. I've been taking morphine for 9 years and as of yesterday I was taking about 500mg's a day but that's going to stop right bloody now. I quit 2 years ago and went 8 months without taking it so I know we can all quit it's just a matter of how fedup we are. I'm sick of morphine dictating how my day is going to go, I've lost my wfe and kids home and credit because of this addiction but my eyes are open again and just like all of you I'm quitting cold turkey. It's not to bad really the first 3 days suck but after that I suggest in the mornings when your awake, make a nice cup of tea and go sit outside first thing in the morning you'd be surprised what the sounds of birds can do and the morning sunshine. There are no real tricks to quitting cold turkey you just have to do it and hopefully you have someone there to support you. I've found that so long as I can wave my daily responsiblities and let someoe else handle them , it's rather easy to stop taking morphine., The restless leg thing is a living hell I know cause I was once up for 5 days almost straigt because of RLS. Good luck to all of us I wish I could just pick up the phone and call you for support but just know that your not alone out there we are all in the same boat.
Im also trying to go cold turkey.. Im trying to get off Hydro Morphine iv tried before but i didnt last but im absolutly fed up with this addiction.. I have no money because of it and i can't do normal activies until iv taken some.. This moring was my last bit its just a matter of time until im going to be going through hell.. If anyone knows any more ways to help when in this very uncomfortable condition i would love to hear some advice others may have....thank everyone.. Its nice to know im not alone..
Hello pple, i`m a morphi adict for about 10-12 yrars i thnik , i scruuu up mu diploma for phisics and the hole live i have , i have no gild frend any more ,  i have 4 cars but they take the keys for not stealing them , a get all out of mu apartment  for buyin the MS pils . eventualy i go to the maitance program \with my parents - ( 10x god ) , bu now i`m takeing a 5x 200mg morphine sulfat dayli i.v. and this suck - i can`t do any think i like, even if i`m  loaded. so now my parent arent home and i`m determined to sop it  i  have some pevios stops but onli to find myself in the same situation .luky i sai i have a 2 day  feee apartment  I TROW AWAY MAYBE 3GrAMS OF morphin in the bath . i realy  start feling that was a stupit idea but i want to quit . the last dose was yestadey morning about 500mg , and since theni`m not tuching it . right now i`m in 28h of the wildr.. and i feel preati well but i know in a few hours i`m going to b so sick that i almnost not deskribe it . i have all the thinks - zopiklon , vitammins , minerals and so on but one`s i start to vomit i cant`t keep insite my body anithink at all. please sen d some advice =] 10x .
I went from heroin to methadone to morphine. Now the money is gone to pay the doctor so it looks like cold turkey!! I'm scared to death. No one around me seems to understand. I'm currently on 200mgs time release morphine and I'm going cold turkey. Anyone else in the same boat?I've been through this same hell before and I don't want to do it alone. Please let me know if you are experiencing the same or if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Pete
I am once again addicted to painkillers. Right now it's morphine and as of a month ago I lost a great job, will lose my house and any self-respect I had for myself. I am out of morphine right now and I am so sick. Every month when I get my med's I tell myself I am going to take as prescribed and every month I fail. This has such a strong hold on me I just don't know what to do. My poor boyfriend tries so hard to understand, but has never been here and I thank God for that. Nobody wants to be trapped by the evilness and destruction that addiction causes. I just felt the need to reach out and your post really hit home. Thanks for that!
ok todays the day starting detox last 30mg morphine yesterday 7am im scared i cant believe i let myself get this way again im n so much pain from broken heel and ankle im4months into this injury last dr appt only got 40 norcos i take six daily to manage pain gotta kick the morph i doubt if the norcs r gonna hwlp but im glad i have themim a recovering alcoholic been sober four months i so dont need this added pain med addiction i seriously advise any one toying with idea that popping a few pills wont lead to this well it always does and here i go again i also have active hep c so i feel like crap everyday interferon almost killed me a year ago so im stuck with c i also have cirrosis (cirrhosis) and just turned 50 being an,addict is no way to live whats left of your life so here i go again my only suggestion to my fellow detoxers if ask god for help he is amazong and has kept me amazingly alive.this far prayer does work and i am thanking him in advance for getting me thru this good luck to us all and this too shall pass god bless
I am on day 3of quiting heroin. I did take a Vic yesterday bc I had to get some things done and I just couldn't take the pain and fatigue. I would think the norcos would help you - they are in the same class as the morphine. I commend you on finding God - I feel so distant from him. It is so hard for me to pray. and I used to be very active in the church. The drugs pulled me away. You are in for a rough few days. the first 3 are the worst, but I have advice if you want it. god bless you. good luck. Im here to talk if you need to.
Hi its not over i feel a million times better tpday i did a four hour bible study and ask god to comfort me and get me thru this i too felt so far away from god due to my addictions but in four months im sober no longer homeless and in recovery and getting baptized tommorow night if u feel ready.do the sinners prayer and ask jesus christ into your heart.and u will saved and released of your bondage i will pray for u itsover and hope u find comfort in this i was on heroin and methodone for twenty years i still have.my issues with prescibed med and pain but there is hope for u and everyone if u just ask god bless all of us detoxers i hope i hear from u again
I know exactly how u feell on second day of ms detox physical symptons are brutal as eell as the pain im only finding comfort in gods  word ive lived the same life heroin methodone morphine convincing myself im not an addict because its for pain but i sure dont take pills the way there prescibed even though ive been sober off alcohol for four months im not clean im tryn today is ruff tommorow worse last time magnesium helped leg cramps and sleep so did xanax but i feel ypur pain and wish u well remember u can do all things thru christ who strenthens you take care ur n my prayers as well as all of us who still suffer.god bless
ur gonna be alright, your gonna finally live. LAugh at your addiction, give it the finger, Its time your gonna see the world as it really is. Being sick is nothing compared to the despair of the years of chasing,of anxiety of hurt hurt hurt. Its no worse than the flu except your brain tells you it is. tell you brain to **** off. Its no good to you in an opiate endorsed stupor. Puke sweat laugh at it its **** all of a  price to pay for the joy you will feel in a couple of days. A couple of day Tell the detox gods to bring it on, Cause you are strong! in a couple of days you will feel so ******* wonderful that this is so well worth it.