Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Morphine for O/C withdrawal?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Morphine for O/C withdrawal?

Was wondering if morphine would help with withdrawals from oxycontin??? Thanx for your answers in advance.
are you trying to detox  or just not w?d till you can get more oxys....just asking so we know how to answer this ....
msinsane, Good question.
2_inPink-Why do you ask? Both are opiates. I wouldn't do it.
Morphine? Are you serious?

If you are seriously going through w/d's because you want to quit, why in the heck would you even touch Morphine?

Opium contains morphine and thebaine (among other agents). Thebain is used in the production of semisynthetic opioid MORPHINE analogues such as oxycodone (Percodan), dihydromorphenone (Dilaudid), and hydrocodone (Vicodin).

You are just trading one substance in for another.

This to me, is not a hard answer.....
Pepsi or coca-cola. Oxy or morphine. there depending on the mgs the same. ocycodone the drug in oxycontin,is a synthetic morphine derivetive. methadone or subutex/Suboxone would be more practical john
i wouldn't do it either but then again if i was still using i just might so please let us knoe why you are asking you must be careful oxys and morphine are both powerful i wouldnt want both of them in your system at the same time please stay on some more people who know more will reply
sure it will help. It will stop all withdrawl (withdrawal). As a matter of fact it will get you high all over again. This is no way to detox from oxy but something tells me you don't want to detox.
Ok, so I guess I should have elaborated a bit more. I basically have degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis. Without meds, I can't even get out of bed in the morning much less work or live my life. I am prescribed to take 2 80mg oxycontin and 4 30mg oxycodone per day. I will get a refill in a couple days, but till then I am out of my script. I have a 100mg morphine pill(time released) and was wondering if it would help me get by till I can fill my script. I really dont have a "problem" per say with narcotics, its just that I have no insurance, and I pay about 700$ a month for meds. I need to work, and cant afford to take time off. So was just wondering about the morphine pill.
Yes it will help.
Dude, you DO have a "problem" with narcs. Most people on this forum started their addiction due to medical issues.

Since you are not here to clean up, and I can understand why, medically, then take it. I mean if you are in that much pain and you are out of pills, and you can't live a physical normal life without them, then call a doctor and ask if the Morphine would be ok to take until you get your fills.

Morphine is the big daddy of drool drugs. It's like Heroin man. It's no good.

But don't say you don't have a problem. Because you do.

You are an opiate junkie due to your physical ailments.

Junkies can spot a fellow junkie a mile away.

Go call your doctor.
It should help , you are on an addiction site soooo we hear replacing one drug with another and we worry ...there is a pain management site on here to they may be more helpful for you ...
good luck
But i do wonder did you run out before your refil was due ?
it will help you get through but if you have to drive or go into work i would not take the whole thing can you break it in half....watch your pupils.... good luck
Well, thanks for the advice..........I guess. Perhaps your right, I probably do have a problem. Anyone who needs to take narcotics to live a "normal" life, has a problem. I'm not looking to "get high" from the morphine pill. I'm trying to "stay normal". Thats a problem. I'm in the Oxyprison. I can't function normally without pain medicine, and I can't function normally when I am out of medicine. I pay a TON of money a month for my medicine, and then on top of it, the doctor bills. Its a disgusting cycle, and I can't stand it. When I can't afford the medicine, I have to go without, and it sucks. Really bad. Sorry if this post is in the wrong place.
i do not think you are in the wrong place you just took a huge step admitting you might have a problem and alot of us on here ended up becoming addicted to pill for legitimate pain so dont get tough on yourself and we are here when ever you need to talk or vent or just ask a question
Nah, you are in the right place here on the forum. And your right, it sucks.

I was a long time Heroin user, then I quit. Years later I got into a few sports accidents and got hooked on opiates, and here I am now.

The thing that really sucks about all of this, is the part where you want to stop taking the pain killers, but the moment you do, the pain returns, and you are thrown into hell all over again.

And the more we take, the more we need them. I often wonder if the medical community is working on something to stop pain on a surgical level. Brain surgery to turn off mild pain receptors, etc.

What do you do when you can't live without the drugs? When you can't play with your kids outside, wash your car, go to the grocery store, etc.  Physical therapy, yoga, acupuncture, natural pain relievers, brass bracelets, hypnosis......none of that BS works....so you are stuck in this drug state.

It seems hopeless doesn't it? But, we are all in the same club my friend, and all we can do is lean on each other in times of absolute chaos, and hope that someday, we won't need the synthetic garbage to live a normal life.

Peace  : )

Thanx for your replys. It feels good to know there are people out there with similar problems. And they are willing to share their storys/support. I think one of my biggest issues is that feeling of being alone with these problems. When you try to talk to other people about it ie. family and friends, they immediately think you are a drug addict, and you need help. Maybe for some that is the case, but for the people who are imprisoned in the pain managment world, noone knows what its like, but them. So thanx again. I will visit these forums often, for questions and advice alike. And will try to help, if there ever comes a time when its needed. Ciao
My DR has me on oxycodone for immidate pain relief and morphine time release for breakthrough pain. I am out of oxycodone but still have morphine pills left. I was trying to find out if the morphine will help me if I start to withdrawl (withdrawal) until I get my next script of oxy.
Heay dude try Cancer!
What do you mean try cancer?