Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Mouthpain and Cocaine

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Mouthpain and Cocaine

I know using Cocaine is bad but, I think my body actualy rejects it. First I had a kidney infection and had to be hospitalized  for a week. Now every time I do my nose instantly swells up and my mouth start to hurt. I have developed painful white sores on the roof of my mouth that only hurt when I TRY to get high and i use the word try loosely cuz my nose and mouth starts to hurt so bad. My nose completely closes shut after only one line.WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??? HELP PLEASE IF U CAN OR HAVE ANY IDEALS, My mouth aches and i never get high anymore cuz of the issues!!

I also had a coke problem but did not experience what you have posted - I would suggest visiting your doctor ASAP as this needs to be looked at by an expert.

Please get some help as the problem will only get worse- coke made me ill and I have had stomach problems for the past 4 months.

There are lots of us on this board who can offer you advice on how to stop using coke.
Hi there and welcome. Coke can be cut with many things and unfortunately you never know what it is cut with. Stop now while you're ahead of the game. It definately sounds like your body is reacting to the cocaine. I'm not sure about the sores in your mouth other than possible drainage from your nose? This used to be my drug of choice,but I never experienced that before. Please quit-the risks are too great with coke. It is a heavy stimulant leading way to potential heart failure even after just 1 line. We're here to support you in your efforts to quit&recover. It can be done. Life is too short to waste on that stuff. Let us help you..

Thanx for the advice I am working on quitting :)

Great decision - try a CA or NA meeting if they are available in your area
I went to the doctor and had my mouth and sinus checked out..Turns out It was an Bacterial infection that had spread from my nose to my mouth. I gave me a script anti-Bacterial Antibiotics. That should clear it up in 10 days...I will be so glad. I have not attempted to use in a few days and Im happy about that.My doctor was nice enough to prescribe me anxiety and nerve pills to help me relax while I go thru this.Thanx again for every ones advice. Im going to give this a real shot after all A NOSE AND MOUTH BACTERIAL INFECTION how gross was that....That alone is enough to make me leave the coke alone.I am worried i am trading one drug for the next after all a handfull of happy pills can't be to much better...Good Lord how deep does this rabbit hole go?

It also took an illness to make me stop using cocaine - it was the only wake up call I would listen to.