Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Muscle Relaxors- Addictive

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Muscle Relaxors- Addictive

Soma is very addictive but not a controlled substance. Are Robaxin and other muscle relaxors addictive?
I am here to say first hand that Soma is HIGHLY addicting. I ahve been on them for 3 years now for chronic back pain and when I try to stop them I nearly feel like I am going crazy!
Yes Soma is highly addictive and gets the patient very high.  Muscle relaxers will most certainly ruin ones life.  I know first handed.
To anyone on SOMA - STOP this drug is very addictive and therefore, addictive.  At first it will help with pain but can make you feel high with no cares in the world.  Life has its cares and reponsibilities - this drug is a demon - but you don't have to take it.  Higher doses of motrin can relieve pain plus holistic approaches.  Soma can kill you if abused and turn your once uncomplicated life into a tragic nightmare.  I was lucky enuf to break free - you cant too.
SOMA is an awful drug.  My 16 year old sister got them from a classmate at high school and accidentally overdosed on them last week.  She passed out and choked on her vomit.  She has been on a respirator in the ICU for over a week.  The doctor came to us yesterday and told us she does not stand a good chance for survival.  Thank you SOMA.
I had a disecectomy on my neck 1 yr ago.  I have gained 50 pounds from not being active,  So I was trying to lift 1pound cans in a swirl motion and I sprained my neck and shoulder.  The doctor gave me depo medral injections and placed me on Robaxin 750mg and a antiinflamatory drug Tolmetin Sodium 600mg. For four days I was okay then on the 5th day; I was in the most terrible pain.  So now he gave me another injection and the same meds and is scheduling me with Physical therapy.  I am afraid that the terrible pain will be back.  At the present  I am still in pain, but at least I was able t sleep last night.  Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks Kathy
Thanks Kathy